Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Carsland, check! Fantasy Faire, done! So What's Next for Disneyland/DCA?

When's the next D23 Expo again?

• Team Hail HYDRA

august 9-11

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

if they were being logical about it, i'd say the next major thing would be a frontierland expansion. they could do construction with little to no disturbances to park operations (maybe the railroad would have to go down for a bit).

although it desperately needs it, if tomorrowland were to be revamped next, that would be a huge chunk of the park being down for quite a while. some new attractions in frontierland could ease that problem.

in DCA, i'm hoping for hollywood studios to get some love.

I vote for a loop on Main Street.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    Considering Disney just got done dumping gobs of money into Anaheim for the DCA refresh I imagine 2014 is going to be a rest year for DLR. Maybe another major refurb along the lines of Matterhorn and Big Thunder, but I don't think we'll see anything distinctly new.
    I would say this is a "rest" yea considering we're getting no new ride.....the Theater show is BIG but money wise it's nothing compared to them making a whole new ride
    Also considering the Fantasy Fair and Carsland should be making Disney a good amount of cash...I'm hoping that at least by next year SOME sort of new ride needs to be coming to the parks

• Artistic integrity

My prediction ..... (My focus is DL - DCA is too much of a wild card to predict)......................

For the remainder of 2013 ..... Disney will direct fan anticipation to Big Thunder's big renovation (hopefully there's just a wee bit more than just new tracks, and new paint) .... and the return of stage shows in the remodel of the Fantasyland Theatre.

And sometime in 2014 ... I think they will announce DL's 60th celebrations - with a new parade, new fireworks show, and possibly the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade? That seems to be a good rumor going around right now.

And that will be it.

As for Tomorrowland and Frontierland .......... I think the co. is waiting to see how two films respond ... That's if - They continue to only produce new theme park attractions/lands ... attached to a movie/franchise.

* Oz: The Great & Powerful .. which is opening VERY soon ... I bet they want to see how that responds with audiences.

* The Lone Ranger ... coming out in summer. Perhaps they got a ride sussed out that involves them??? I'd love to know.

* Then there's the co.'s recent purchase of Lucas Film - And you can bet imagineers are scurrying in a hurry to come up with ideas for new Tomorrowland attractions. But if I had to guess where it be best to give a "Star Wars" themed area proper justice .... that would be in Florida. Perhaps in DHS. Not California.

* Marvel / Stark Expo - Is it officially dead? Perhaps still simmering?? Surely there are factions within the co. who are pushing for it. Regardless of other possibilities that could take it's place.

* And lets not forget Tron. Killed for DL .. but a go for Shanghai. We know this company loves the word - Cloning. And why do they love it so much?? 2 rides for the price of 1, perhaps? So .. who knows what could happen there.

* And there's probably other Tomorrowland and Frontierland ideas that are more original .. and not quite off the table. So who knows. (My personal vote - is for this. An original idea or ideas to expand the "frontier" of Frontierland. No more fracturing DL into tiny lands, please. And for Tomorrowland to be more representative of the ideals Walt pushed for in the 1967 remake. Not a "cartoon" land - Not a "Marvel" land .. or a "Star Wars" land ... or any other "Movie/Brand" land ... but a cohesive futuristic place with a few new original ideas.)

* Then there's DCA 2.0's financial outcome. They are not one full year into seeing it's returns .. and the co. is probably still reticent to give the greenlight to anything ..... So, sadly ..... DL is not going to see anything new for it's 60th. Probably for it's 61st .. or 62nd, most likely. (Harry Potter in Uni Hollywood seems it will come along in '16.)

So much in a state of flux .............. And then Al said in his recent update ...... Disney could reap greater financial rewards with a Tomorrowland overhaul that opens at once .. rather than piecemeal. That would accelerate it's construction time frame by heaps - IF they shut most of it down, like they did in 1966, which was ready within 1 year. And if they were keen .... they would announce this in their next D23 event in August. And start in early fall ... and have it all ready by July 17, 2015 .. in time for the 60th.

OF COURSE ..... that's just wishful thinking on my part ...... But we know the co. all too well. Too many "cooks" in the kitchen. Too many people of equal power .... taking lots and lots and lots of time to make a final decision on anything. And the co. is far too conservative ... to make a big leap like that, this soon, following DCA's grand re-opening.

I'd love to be surprised.

But I doubt it will happen.

Anything new for Frontierland or Tomorrowland probably wouldn't start till 2015 ('14 at the very earliest) .. for a 2017 opening.

Look how they celebrated DL's 50th - With construction walls around the subs .... for a ride that wouldn't open for another 2 years.

Watch .. they'll probably repeat that scenario for the 60th.

OHHH .. and how can I forget that rumor of the Main Street Eastside Corridor?

We haven't heard anything on that .. have we? Makes you wonder though - As that would impact Tomorrowland, and it's future plans.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-06-2013 at 06:13 PM.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Also considering the Fantasy Fair and Carsland should be making Disney a good amount of cash...I'm hoping that at least by next year SOME sort of new ride needs to be coming to the parks
    How is a meet & greet going to make Disney a good amount of cash??

LOL

• Sock Puppet

Interesting question, I'm sure a few ideas are in the works. A TL overhaul would be pretty epic.

• Minion

ORWEN: My vote goes to a new Land for Oz. Us Cauldron girls are keeping our broomsticks crossed in the hopes the movie is a big hit!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    How is a meet & greet going to make Disney a good amount of cash??

LOL

Just like every other attractions does, it attracts people into Disneyland collecting money through tickets and then points of sale inside the parks.

It also has a store and food stand as park of the area which will directly make money.

Meet and Greets may not be your thing but for a big group of guests it's one of the reasons they visit.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Banned User

I wouldn't focus too much hope on D23. It's disappointed in the past.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Just like every other attractions does, it attracts people into Disneyland collecting money through tickets and then points of sale inside the parks.

It also has a store and food stand as park of the area which will directly make money.

Meet and Greets may not be your thing but for a big group of guests it's one of the reasons they visit.
    Surely it will draw the "AP" crowds. No doubt about that. But realistically ... How many people do you know who will spend the 1-park admission price of $87 just to meet Disney characters .. which you could do anywhere, any day ... anyway?

This is just their new home. Albeit, nicely done, with details the hardcore fan will eat up ... but I hardly think it's going to generate huge $87 admission entries.

LOL

Large scale projects like Carsland, New Tomorrowland, Expanded Frontierland .. with E Tickets is what will achieve that.

• curiouser and curiouser

If we're just talking smaller projects then Alice should be the main priority, imo.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Surely it will draw the "AP" crowds. No doubt about that. But realistically ... How many people do you know who will spend the 1-park admission price of $87 just to meet Disney characters .. which you could do anywhere, any day ... anyway?

This is just their new home. Albeit, nicely done, with details the hardcore fan will eat up ... but I hardly think it's going to generate huge $87 admission entries.

LOL

Large scale projects like Carsland, New Tomorrowland, Expanded Frontierland .. with E Tickets is what will achieve that.
    More people meet characters than ride Radiator Springs Racers. Look around the parks there are 30-40 characters to meet with lines of just a couple people to enough for 60+ minutes of waiting.

Disney has 5 restaurants that charge an extra $10 because you get to see some characters.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DLcub View Post
    If we're just talking smaller projects then Alice should be the main priority, imo.
    I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't make the post Spring Break rehabs. It's been tarped too long.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast