Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Filmmaker

Re: Carsland, check! Fantasy Faire, done! So What's Next for Disneyland/DCA?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Surely it will draw the "AP" crowds. No doubt about that. But realistically ... How many people do you know who will spend the 1-park admission price of $87 just to meet Disney characters .. which you could do anywhere, any day ... anyway?
    It won't, realistically, draw crowds who are solely buying a ticket to see it, but it will definitely add a perk for a large group of potential guests. If they're reading a pamphlet that talks about all the classic attractions, the brand new Cars Land that little Timmy will love, and a brand new Princess area for little Sarah that's definitely going to help land the sale.

Plus, as was already mentioned, food and merchandise locations directly soak up cash as a result of the new area opening.

PFF will be a money maker. If meet-and-greets weren't profitable they wouldn't be putting so many in.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    It won't, realistically, draw crowds who are solely buying a ticket to see it, but it will definitely add a perk for a large group of potential guests.
    That's right.

I almost put it into my post -

This will attract 3 different types of crowds:

1. The Annual Pass Holders who live close enough to make that extra special drive just to see it.
    2. All other hardcore fans who don't live close or have an AP, but do appreciate this new feature, and anxious to see it.
    3. Guests who are coming ANYWAY (like you are saying "IllusionOfLife") .... paying for that 87 dollar admission .. who will surprisingly find this as an extra nice perk ... or be "the cherry on top" ... for their day.

And over time ... It will take it's place like any other "supporting" element to the Overall Picture.

Honestly .... Disney characters and their "homes" or "greet locations" .. all have their place within the 2 parks. They are an essential piece to the overall scheme of things. But lets be honest again ... they are not the big ticket draws. They are important ... but keeping all things in perspective ... They do their part ... as Big Ticket attractions do their even bigger part.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-06-2013 at 08:32 PM.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post

Plus, as was already mentioned, food and merchandise locations directly soak up cash as a result of the new area opening.

PFF will be a money maker. If meet-and-greets weren't profitable they wouldn't be putting so many in.
    You have to wonder though ... if merchandise and food locations are justifications (and so UBER important)..... then why did they shutter the restaurant it had from 1956 to the 90s -

GORILLAS DON'T BLOG: Plaza Gardens, July 1961

If they measure and justify anything .... by how much merchandise sales and restaurant food sales it can gain ..... then it wouldn't have made sense to shutter of any of these locations.

(Plaza Pavilion sat for YEARS ... -in my best corporate dweeb voice - "earning money!" ... And they still allow Alladdins Oasis/Tahitian Terrace ..... to basically rot .... "under performing to make The Disney lots of money.")

I think the catalyst for this ... was to kick the princesses out of the Fantasyland Theatre ... and put stage shows back on .. and give them a new home. They gave them a nice one. Ever since they removed the Carnation Gardens Restaurant ... the place was never the same ... became rather a dead zone by day ... and what they've done now .... Is a huge improvement. And gave some imagineers something to do. ... to keep themselves employed. Which is how I look at throwing Depp into PotC and Disney Characters in it's a a small world. Gave some WDI staff something to do, than get "pink slipped!" (Just my guess.)

• Unhelpful User

How about a Walt Elias Disney Ride about his history in Hollywood Land!

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    How about a Walt Elias Disney Ride about his history in Hollywood Land!
    It'd be nice in the format of the Great Movie Ride.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    It'd be nice in the format of the Great Movie Ride.
    yeah thats what I was thinking

There's a few things on the table for DL so I'm not sure what or won't be announced. Even if nothing major is announced at D23, we'll hear an announcement eventually, maybe around this time this year or late 2013. Hard to predict. Can we all agree they'll do something noteworthy by 2015 for the 60th? Lol.

I can see DCA getting a break for a while. But by late next year, I can see them announcing a CS makeover and the remanining parts of PP or the entire Grizzly Peak/Condor Flats area, finally combining it into Grizzly Peak National Park. It would be an "easier" fix compared to building an entire land. But who knows? They might be more focused on Hollywood Land, which I also think needs some work but it would need a complete makeover similar to BVS.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I don't think that these questions will be answered until at least D23 US Expo. We do know at this point that Innoventions is sticking it out until 60th but there is no other information coming out anytime soon. My concern is that there will be nothing new for next Summer and Fantasy Faire is really not going to hold crowds attention that long. The pink is a real turnoff. I know that there are rumors for a new new new (yes three news) Tomorrowland and MSEP coming back but there is nothing in the books for the forseeable future (not even the tarps coming off the Alice)
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• New Member Goes Forth

Tomorrowland is in need of large scale work. It lets down the whole resort. However, Hollywood land should have work at the same time.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123