Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: If there is no Disney and no Disneyland?

The world is a worse place in my opinion. I think Disney is one of the few family institutions left in the world. It is a place where you can trust your kids to be around. Forget about things that happen behind the scenes that may not be the most savoury, I am talking about things the public is privy to. Like movies, or tv shows or the theme parks. None of the attractions will have foul language or sexual innuendos. Go turn on the television today and try and find a show that the whole family can watch. Good luck. With Disney you have that type of mentality. There is still a warmth and an innocence about it to this day.

Plus, without Disneyland there isn't WDW either. There is no standard park that everyone else wants to emulate. You would see places like Knotts or Kennywood as the barometer for "old" parks. I think either way rollercoasters still would have evolved but there wouldn't be a place that captures a person's imagination and immerses them in it all. Universal would have never had a theme park either, just a studio tour. The butterfly effect is actually pretty big without Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeTerror View Post
    It's hard to say what could have happened. There were, and are, so many great minds out there... I firmly believe that another genius of design would have taken the reigns.
    Exactly. Nature abhors a vacuum. There would have been something to assume the niche WD filled. Who's to say it wouldn't have been even more magical?

• Still lost in Neverland

The stars would start blinking out, one by one and life would end.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Roller coaster enthusiast

Like I just posted in my trip report from Carowinds. If there was no Disneyland, then Six Flags might not be around as Six Flags over Texas wouldn't have been built. Cedar Point would have been turned into a residential neighborhood as was originally planned back in the 50's and Cedar Fair wouldn't be here. A few others like Adventureland in Altoona, Iowa and King's Island in Ohio where some planning assistance was given might not be around today as well. Also, Orlando would be a small agricultural town with some defense contractors and stopover between Tampa and Daytona.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I didn't read back, and perhaps I will, but no Disney, no Disneyland, NO MiceChat.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by NDNation View Post
    Exactly. Nature abhors a vacuum. There would have been something to assume the niche WD filled. Who's to say it wouldn't have been even more magical?

I honestly don't think so. Not to say anything isn't possible but the fact that Walt built a park and people STILL haven't been able to copy it tells you something. Without that innovation from Walt you really think someone builds something even better? I can't imagine why. They have a barometer in the flesh in Disneyland and still can't do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12