Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• -

Re: Is Disney so related to Starbucks that it will take over as the Disney coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Proberly, Disney parks will have Starbucks Coffee only.
    Which would be great.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Re: Is Disney so related to Starbucks that it will take over as the Disney coffee.

I heard that Starbucks will have one location each in Disneyland and DCA, but then the remaining areas that sell NesCafe will be replaced by Joffrey Coffee. Was that just a rumor?

If it's true, I guess that makes NesCafe the Ned Stark of coffee <rim shot>

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    Take a look at this map, its pretty in your face. Sunkist also had a store of some sort on Main Street as well.

As I mentioned before, corporate sponsors, corporate "official providers of" & corporate logos have permeated DL throughout its existence. This is absolutely nothing new.

Carnation, Sunkist, Coca-Cola, Kodak, Goodyear, Monsanto, Chevron, Bank of America....the list goes on and on. Heck, even the dog kennels outside the gates had Ken-L-Ration or something like that as the official dog food of DL at one point.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    As I mentioned before, corporate sponsors, corporate "official providers of" & corporate logos have permeated DL throughout its existence. This is absolutely nothing new.

Carnation, Sunkist, Coca-Cola, Kodak, Goodyear, Monsanto, Chevron, Bank of America....the list goes on and on. Heck, even the dog kennels outside the gates had Ken-L-Ration or something like that as the official dog food of DL at one point.
    The difference is that Main Street's sponsors were originally period appropriate. However, since the Nescafé crap that is served there now is not period appropriate, they are simply switching out one out of theme product for a better one.

As long as the location continues to be period specific, what they serve there doesn't bother me. It's when they decide that an Ariel meet and greet will be fine there because she is a mermaid and Starbucks has one on their logo that I'll have a problem.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The difference is that Main Street's sponsors were originally period appropriate.

Bank of America sponsored Small World at one point. Not so sure how period and theme appropriate BoA was to that, but Disney gladly accepted their money anyway. This was back in the 60s or 70s also mind you....

• -

Bank of America sponsored Small World at one point. Not so sure how period and theme appropriate BoA was to that, but Disney gladly accepted their money anyway. This was back in the 60s or 70s also mind you....
    Small World isn't on Main Street. Neither is the Peoplemover which was sponsored by Goodyear. I was specifically referring to the fact that Main Street's sponsors were all companies that existed at the turn of the 20th century.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Small World isn't on Main Street. Neither is the Peoplemover which was sponsored by Goodyear. I was specifically referring to the fact that Main Street's sponsors were all companies that existed at the turn of the 20th century.
    That's cool, I understand.

And my point was that having Starbucks provide coffee for the parks is nothing different from what has been going on from day one with lots of other brands. Again, as far as I know Disney has it's hands in quite a few different businesses but coffee is not one of them. Someone has to provide the coffee to the parks.

• -

And my point was that having Starbucks provide coffee for the parks is nothing different from what has been going on from day one with lots of other brands.
    I just illustrated one instance where it was different than all the other sponsors that were in the park.

I don't mind that it's Starbucks, I'll actually drink their coffee no problem. What I don't like is the increasing level to which the branding of everything is noticeable. It's not background, now, it's up front and center. I know, being noticed is what they're paying for, but as a guest, it's annoying. And it's *everywhere*.

I'm tired of it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Bank of America sponsored Small World at one point. Not so sure how period and theme appropriate BoA was....
    Simple: Bank of America controls the world.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 14 MPH View Post
    I heard that Starbucks will have one location each in Disneyland and DCA, but then the remaining areas that sell NesCafe will be replaced by Joffrey Coffee. Was that just a rumor?
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I don't mind that it's Starbucks, I'll actually drink their coffee no problem. What I don't like is the increasing level to which the branding of everything is noticeable. It's not background, now, it's up front and center. I know, being noticed is what they're paying for, but as a guest, it's annoying. And it's *everywhere*.

I'm tired of it.
    I mean, the company *does* need to have some kind of branding. Otherwise, what's the point of sponsorship?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Cant get rid of Nescafe fast enough
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    +1

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    +2

seriously *high five* on this one!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast