Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grad Nite 2013

• Under that tree again!

Re: Grad Nite 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    If they are given a Park Hopper ticket it sounds like they can do Disneyland during regular hours and DCA once DLR closes. It is a little disappointing to hear that they are still doing the mix-in this year, though. It seems as though it's more special for the grads when they have the park to themselves, and it also is a lot easier for regular guests.
    It started last year and was not a major problem. It will be on going in future years unless different plans are made.

The Grads still get a 4 hour party with DCA all to themselves.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Minion

I don't know...I made the mistake of going to the park last year on a Grad Nite (I should have checked the schedule somewhere but it wasn't on the official Disney park calendar) and it was super crowded. There have been other posts here who weren't happy with the mix-in...there was one who said that the grads they encountered were so disrespectful that the CMs actually let them re-ride an attraction. There was another post from a chaperone who did NOT like the mix-ins.

99% of grads aren't disrespectful and you can encounter rude guests any day of the week - but I would think it would be more fun for them when they have the place to themselves.

• Under that tree again!

You know what happened today, there were rude guests. You know what happens tomorrow, the park is busy. Grads are most often the scapegoats than the basic problem.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    You know what happened today, there were rude guests. You know what happens tomorrow, the park is busy. Grads are most often the scapegoats than the basic problem.
    True but there were other threads - including those from grads and chaperones of grads themselves - that had very specific issues with the mix-ins and said specifically they preferred the old way. Regardless of what the rest of the park guests think about it, including myself - those opinions should be heeded.

• Evil is Sexy

I hear that CM's have many crazy stories from Grad Night. Everything from having to keep kids from jumping for the treasure in PotC to preventing make-out sessions during the other dark rides. LOL. Oh, and lots of Flash Mountain.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    True but there were other threads - including those from grads and chaperones of grads themselves - that had very specific issues with the mix-ins and said specifically they preferred the old way. Regardless of what the rest of the park guests think about it, including myself - those opinions should be heeded.
    The "Old Way" I imagine was truly better. Disneyland with fireworks and partying from dusk to the break of dawn. But now it's just a late night party with another night show instead of fireworks. Last year F! in DL, and from now on WoC in DCA. A big reduction for the teens, of course they can, if they can arrive early enough take advantage of visiting both parks.

For regular guests, you get mixed in crowds, but longer hours rather than the reduced days where DL closed earlier and had delayed opening the next day. Now you get teens around you mixed into the crowds rather than exciting next to thousands of screaming teens.

The other big change is that DLR has two full parks, rather than 1 or one with another people didn't really like. With little doubt RSR is going to be a mob scene even though the Grads will get it to themselves during their party.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Just to let you guys know tomorrow is the First night for Grad Nite 2013. All Grads will be treated to an Exclusive New World of Color show called "Grad Nite GoodNite"

I think this new show will be similar to the New Years Eve version, but without Fireworks.

Someone needs to record it
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12