Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grad Nite 2013

• World of Color

Question Grad Nite 2013

This year the Disneyland Resort is having grad nite in California Adventure for the first time and not in Disneyland. I know in the pass it ruined some people experience especially last year because it was open to all schools during park hours. Do you think it is going to get better this year because its in California Adventure.

P.S. I'm gradating this year CLASS OF 2013 and I will be there on June 14

• Under that tree again!

Re: Grad Nite 2013

For non grads it will be roughly the same. For grads it will probably be fun as many haven't been to Carsland but that will wear off in coming years. Also I don't think DCA with it's long layout will be as fun a park to celebrate in as DL with its Central Plaza and fireworks was.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Disney Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    For non grads it will be roughly the same. For grads it will probably be fun as many haven't been to Carsland but that will wear off in coming years. Also I don't think DCA with it's long layout will be as fun a park to celebrate in as DL with its Central Plaza and fireworks was.

no? Not even with the mad tea party? I work in retail and one of my associates is going to grad night. She is very excited! I will ask her if this is exciting or a let down... I need to look into this more too so I can let her know what grad night entails It's always my job to plan other people's disney trips

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    no? Not even with the mad tea party?
    Assuming it's still there?

The problem is WoC, is on the far end of the park and that area is in a corner. I'm sure no matter the state that or stage 17 will host dancing and music.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Disney Obsessed

^^ The mad tea party should be gone by may/june? Really? It just got here i thought....

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    ^^ The mad tea party should be gone by may/june? Really? It just got here i thought....
    Last June, and the movie was well out of theaters. ElectTronica went about a year and half but ended post Spring Break last year to switch things over for Mad T Party.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• No Disassemble!

Having grad nite at DL vs. DCA are virtually the same but in my opinion DCA has the edge as far as fun-factor and overall value. For starters these kids will have Cars Land all to themselves, LUCKY!! They'll have a full blown concert stage/party zone (Mad T Party) with a dance area capable of holding hundreds of guests. I also think that the grads will appreciate the attractions along the boardwalk as they are the kind of ultra-stimulating rides that are a bit more thrilling than what DL has to offer. Oh! and if Disney's smart they'll put together a "hip" WOC show.

The only negative aspect is if Disney lets the kids in during regular park hours like the OP said. I can't imagine what the crowds would look like then!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

According to my Grad Nite ticket

1. Grad Nite begins when the parks open on insert date, and ends at 3:00 am on insert date.
    2.Grads will receive a Park Hopper pass that can be used all day.
    3. Grads will receive two Fastpass tickets that can be used all day.
    4. Grads will have a private showing of a Disney show in California Adventure (TBD).
    5. California Adventure closes to everyone but grads for the Grad Nite Event.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Oh! and if Disney's smart they'll put together a "hip" WOC show.
    You mean if they're not smart. I was at Grad Nite last year and the "hip" fireworks show that they put together was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Having grad nite at DL vs. DCA are virtually the same but in my opinion DCA has the edge as far as fun-factor and overall value. For starters these kids will have Cars Land all to themselves, LUCKY!! They'll have a full blown concert stage/party zone (Mad T Party) with a dance area capable of holding hundreds of guests. I also think that the grads will appreciate the attractions along the boardwalk as they are the kind of ultra-stimulating rides that are a bit more thrilling than what DL has to offer.
    Although Disneyland does have a more "magical" factor, the above is true. The two things that attracted the most crowds the night I visited were the dance parties and Space Mountain. It had the longest line (close to three hours, I believe) while Fantasyland was a mostly a ghost town. I feel like the majority of teenagers attending Grad Nite would choose a park with more thrill rides over a park with more charm/history/meaning, so in that regard, DCA might be better suited for the venue than Disneyland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I feel like the majority of teenagers attending Grad Nite would choose a park with more thrill rides over a park with more charm/history/meaning, so in that regard, DCA might be better suited for the venue than Disneyland.
    This opinion might just have been in my circle of friends, but many people said they prefer Disneyland over DCA when we were discussing changes. A lot of them hadn't been to Disneyland since they were a kid (or ever) and wanted to revisit their childhood. Disneyland Park does that best.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Love the Princes View Post
    According to my Grad Nite ticket

1. Grad Nite begins when the parks open on insert date, and ends at 3:00 am on insert date.
    2.Grads will receive a Park Hopper pass that can be used all day.
    3. Grads will receive two Fastpass tickets that can be used all day.
    4. Grads will have a private showing of a Disney show in California Adventure (TBD).
    5. California Adventure closes to everyone but grads for the Grad Nite Event.
    So, it's like Grad Day, plus a little extra Night.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

I do not think Mad T party is going anywhere fast.. LOL literally it's such a hit it's staying so no worries on that, and so for the Grads i think they will enjoy DCA .. the only thing was last year there was few kids that seems super excited to be at Grad night an were running through the park.. but other then that i think DCA for the Grads is going to be a hit

• World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    So, it's like Grad Day, plus a little extra Night.
    I thought there was a private showing of World of Color (Answer to number 4)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by WoC 95 View Post
    I thought there was a private showing of World of Color (Answer to number 4)
    That is correct.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Minion

If they are given a Park Hopper ticket it sounds like they can do Disneyland during regular hours and DCA once DLR closes. It is a little disappointing to hear that they are still doing the mix-in this year, though. It seems as though it's more special for the grads when they have the park to themselves, and it also is a lot easier for regular guests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast