Question What attractions would you transplant from one park to another?

Ok so this is a question I have pondered for a while...if you could move one attraction from any Disney park in the world to the 6 Disney parks in the U.S., which ones would you move to where and why? Here's my dream transplant list:

Disneyland - Tomorrowland needs help and the ride that I think would bring some excitement to it would be Mission:Space from Epcot. Get rid of Innoventions and Autotopia to make space and it would be a great addition to Tomorrowland. Even cooler if it could offer missions to other planets in the solar system besides just Mars.

DCA - As much as I would like to see Philharmagic take over the Muppet theatre, I would opt for Rock n' Rollercoaster from Disney Studios to add some life and a nice E-ticket to the Hollywood District.

Magic Kingdom - This one was tough but I think that I will cheat a little here and would like to bring back the Nautilus subs and refurbish the 20,000 Leagues under the Sea sub lagoon. How cool could it be with the latest and greatest special effects?

Disney Studios - This is an easy one for me (and no. Not Carsland). The Indiana Jones Ride should've taken over the Stunt Spectacular show area years ago. This ride would be an incredible addition to Disney Studios and elevate from the bottom of the Disney World parks instantly to a must do park. Maybe the ride could be rethemed a bit so Indy has a new adventure but it is time for the stunt show to be retired IMHO.

Epcot - This one was tough but I would love to see the Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction from Tokyo come here. I think it fits the theme of scientific exploration well and I soooo want to do this ride (I doubt I will ever make it to Tokyo).

Animal Kingdom
    - Another tough one but I would like to bring a real Jungle Cruise ride here. It would be the water equivilant of Kilamanjaro Safari. I don't know how feasible it would be cruise through a Nile or Amazon themed river with real hippos and alligators but the thought of it is quite exciting!

This is my dream list anyways...what about yours?

• The doctor is in

Re: What attractions would you transplant from one park to another?

I have only ever been to Disneyland/DCA so I can't really comment from personal experience, but based on what I've seen via YouTube and heard from my brother who has been to WDW like 4 times... I would rather have WDW's version of the Finding Nemo ride at Disneyland rather than the submarines.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I would rather have WDW's version of the Finding Nemo ride at Disneyland rather than the submarines.
    Epcot's The Seas with Nemo and Friends ride is essentially a more boring, waterless version of our Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. It features a lot of the same video projected on flat black screens that lack any of the immersion of Submarine Voyage. You also lose the coral reef segment at the beginning.

I know FNSV is met with a fairly unanimous "meh" from this community, but we easily have the better Nemo attraction over WDW.

• formerly very helpful

I'd build Epcot's extinct masterpiece, Horizons in Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

And for good measure, I'd throw in (also extinct) World of Motion, as well.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    I know FNSV is met with a fairly unanimous "meh" from this community, but we easily have the better Nemo attraction over WDW.
    I agree, DLR has it much better on that one.

I'd like clones for DLR of:

Mission Space.
    WDW stage shows, many of them.
    Expedition Everest
    Sinbad's Voyage
    Aquatopia
    Journey to the Center of the Earth
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• -

I would like to transplant Innoventions to Yesterland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    And move EO back to Yesterland while we're at it.

Honestly, I don't particularly want a lot of transplants, I'd like new attractions that are perfectly tailored to fit the theme of their respective parks. One of the few transplants I'd be on board with is a re-worked version of Indiana Jones Adventure for DHS as part of a LucasFilm expansion, but that's about it. Let's see new attractions rather than merely recycling old ones.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    For the win!

• New Member Goes Forth

Grizzly Peak coaster at Disneyland in Hong Kong into DCA at the Grizzly Peak are of the park
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

DCA - ToonTown in Hollywood Studios Backlot...

- Mickey's House / Minnie's House in the Hollywood and Dine / Millionaire buildings
    - Roger Rabbit in Monster's Inc
    - Mickey's Philharmagic in Muppets Theater / Award Weiners
    - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Restaurant where the outdoor stage is.

• Circle of Ancients

No way is Disneyland's Nemo attraction better than the one at EPCOT. No way, no how.

1) The EPCOT attraction has real fish in it
    2) The EPCOT attraction doesn't feel like you are watching a 15 minute underwater movie
    3) The EPCOT attraction actually has a queue
    4) The EPCOT attraction has the AMAZING song "Big Blue World"

The ONLY thing the DL version has over the EPCOT version is the subs. And once the novelty of the subs wears off you are stuck with another 13 minutes of the aforementioned underwater movie.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    1) The EPCOT attraction has real fish in it
    For about 2.5 seconds, right at the very end.

2) The EPCOT attraction doesn't feel like you are watching a 15 minute underwater movie
    No, it just feels like you're watching a 15 minute movie in a long dark corridor without any water.

3) The EPCOT attraction actually has a queue
    I'll give you that one, but even with the nice queue, I still hold that the subs are a better attraction.

4) The EPCOT attraction has the AMAZING song "Big Blue World"
    You and I must have very different definitions of the word "Amazing."

The ONLY thing the DL version has over the EPCOT version is the subs. And once the novelty of the subs wears off you are stuck with another 13 minutes of the aforementioned underwater movie.
    Still, I'd rather be watching said movie in a sub underwater than in a "clammobile."