Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• "Think, think, think."

Re: 2 crazy girls do Disneyland, 2 'dignified ladies' dine at Club 33

@Stormy, when were you at Club 33? Did you happen to be having dinner there on Thursday, February 28 sometime between 5:30PM and 6:30PM? I was having dinner with my DW at the Club that night, and I thought I saw two people that looked like you and your friend enter the main dinning room.

Sorry if I'm wrong. My memory sometimes plays tricks on me.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by RSi View Post
    @Stormy, when were you at Club 33? Did you happen to be having dinner there on Thursday, February 28 sometime between 5:30PM and 6:30PM? I was having dinner with my DW at the Club that night, and I thought I saw two people that looked like you and your friend enter the main dinning room.

Sorry if I'm wrong. My memory sometimes plays tricks on me.

Yes, I'm sure that was us. We were seated in the corner of the main room. I'm trying to remember other parties in the room, but you get so overwhelmed with just 'being there', you know? Were you & your DW by any chance seated by the wall situated opposite from the entrance hall? I seem to remember a couple there. I don't know the compass point orientation. You would have been on seated along the wall on my left side as I was seated. I think all us MiceChatters need to wear a BIG 'Hi, my name is..... when we're at DL. Either that or a 'secret sign' we can flash to see if other flashes it back! LOL.

I'm sure you had a wonderful time. If you are a member (not asking, not my business, I know many want to keep it on the down-low), lucky you! If you were a guest (like Shelly & I), well, lucky you anyway!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• "Think, think, think."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yes, I'm sure that was us. We were seated in the corner of the main room. I'm trying to remember other parties in the room, but you get so overwhelmed with just 'being there', you know? Were you & your DW by any chance seated by the wall situated opposite from the entrance hall? I seem to remember a couple there. I don't know the compass point orientation. You would have been on seated along the wall on my left side as I was seated. I think all us MiceChatters need to wear a BIG 'Hi, my name is..... when we're at DL. Either that or a 'secret sign' we can flash to see if other flashes it back! LOL.

I'm sure you had a wonderful time. If you are a member (not asking, not my business, I know many want to keep it on the down-low), lucky you! If you were a guest (like Shelly & I), well, lucky you anyway!
    Ahh... My mind was not playing tricks on me this time!

We were the couple sitting at the corner table furthest from the entrance hall (one of our favorite tables.) Two young ladies at the tables on either side of us were celebrating birthdays, one was turning 23 and the other 15 (...to be that young again!)

Glad you and Shelly had a great time. Sorry the Club was out of Club 33 Mickey Mouse Ears. They have been out for a very long time, but if you get a chance to return, they say new hats will be in by mid to end of March, along with other new items.

• Selfie Expert

They have been out for a very long time, but if you get a chance to return, they say new hats will be in by mid to end of March, along with other new items.
    I obviously won't be able to get ears, but I would LOVE to even see someone walking around with them just to see what they look like!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• some assembly required

It worked!! Sometimes I just amaze myself! LOL. The pics are of me & my BFF, Shelly. I'm the blonde.

The food was just to die for! I started eating my dessert before I remembered to take a picture. It's not often I get to have cake when eating out! Shelly had the Vintner's dinner & we split an excellent Merlot. She said the Vintner's dinner was amazing, so many different flavors. Since I'm Celiac, I couldn't taste anything she had, but she was in heaven.

Just a once in a lifetime experience. A dream come true!
    Great TR!!! And this one has some pics! I am only at post #11 so far...

What am I seeing to the right of your gāteau au chocolat ą trois? I am a bonafide foodie (if I do say so myself) and I cannot figure out what and why they would put a compote of apricot on the plate. Tho, I must say, I feel that most fruit w/ chocolate is never the best pairing. How well did that go with the cake?

Anyway, as a foodie, I am sooooo jealous of your Club 33 visit and I have decided to gawk at your choc cake pic by covering the UFO* with my hand over the screen. The razz sauce is ok, but not those items to the right. Plz do tell! Maybe I'll change my mind.

Club 33 is def on my bucket list.

By some of the comments you've/we've made (in the gradnite thread months ago), I had just assumed you were much older. Lookin' fab Ms. Stormy!

*Unidentified Foodie Object

~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Great TR!!! And this one has some pics! I am only at post #11 so far...

What am I seeing to the right of your gāteau au chocolat ą trois? I am a bonafide foodie (if I do say so myself) and I cannot figure out what and why they would put a compote of apricot on the plate. Tho, I must say, I feel that most fruit w/ chocolate is never the best pairing. How well did that go with the cake?

Anyway, as a foodie, I am sooooo jealous of your Club 33 visit and I have decided to gawk at your choc cake pic by covering the UFO* with my hand over the screen. The razz sauce is ok, but not those items to the right. Plz do tell! Maybe I'll change my mind.

Club 33 is def on my bucket list.

By some of the comments you've/we've made (in the gradnite thread months ago), I had just assumed you were much older. Lookin' fab Ms. Stormy!

*Unidentified Foodie Object

You're right, sorta. Not so much a compote as candied apricot 'strips', still having more firmness than a compote. They actually had a real good balance of 'tang/tart' and sweetness along with the apricot flavor (Apricot! yes! I was remembering them as mango, but apricot it was). The gateau was very well balanced flavor- & sweetness-wise. Flourless cake (very cocoa-y not really that sweet), mousse (lite chocolate flavor, whipped creamy sweetness) and chocolate ganache (rich, dense, did I just die and go to heaven fudge hurt your teeth sweetness). The rasberry coulis was tart and complementary. Since it was served 'gluten free', it may be that the apricot is not the 'usual' accompaniment. A lot of times a chef will have to substitute because the usual pairing isn't 'safe'. All in all, they weren't bad when alternating 'bites', along with good black espresso! Bite of gateau (wow, fudgy sweetness), sip of espresso (bitter, cut the sweet taste of the gateau), bite of apricot (taste the sweet after the bitter, now the tang, gimme more cakey sweetness!) repeat. I hope I've described it to your 'foodie' taste (pun!). I love food, too, and especially now that there are so many I can no longer have, I really enjoy when someone can describe things to me so I can 'mentally' taste them.

And Thank You, JMazz, darling. I always hope to look younger than I am! But then, who can ever be old at Disneyland? And I also hope that someday you'll be able to dine at Club 33, too. You never know. My opportunity truly came 'out of the blue' and was a complete and utter surprise. There are some wonderfully generous people out there in our 'Disniverse'.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Chief Troublemaker

Ahh... My mind was not playing tricks on me this time!

We were the couple sitting at the corner table furthest from the entrance hall (one of our favorite tables.) Two young ladies at the tables on either side of us were celebrating birthdays, one was turning 23 and the other 15 (...to be that young again!)

Glad you and Shelly had a great time. Sorry the Club was out of Club 33 Mickey Mouse Ears. They have been out for a very long time, but if you get a chance to return, they say new hats will be in by mid to end of March, along with other new items.

How lucky to be able to dine there enough to have a 'favorite table' at Club 33! LOL! I would love to be able to return 'some day' with my husband, if the opportunity should arise again. He's not a big 'Disney guy' but after I received the generous invitation to Club 33 and started crying, he did some 'googling' and realized what an opportunity he was missing out on. But, que sera, sera. I was lucky enough once, & lightning doesn't often strike twice. But, he's agreed that if we ever win the lotto, we're putting our names on the wait list for membership. LOL, since we rarely play.

I'd heard that they haven't had the ears for quite some time. I did get a ball cap, which I'm sure I'll wear out in public places more than I ever would the ears! ha ha.

• Sock Puppet

LOVE THE TR STORMY!! fantastic food photos.. yummo!!

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I obviously won't be able to get ears, but I would LOVE to even see someone walking around with them just to see what they look like!

I think these are the 'basic' ears, but I know there have been 'special event' ears, too. I would have loved some, but had heard they 'rarely' have them. You would think they'd be a 'well-stocked' item.

Club 33 Ears (Mouseterminds Forums)

• some assembly required

Yes. Your description was spot-on!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Selfie Expert

I think these are the 'basic' ears, but I know there have been 'special event' ears, too. I would have loved some, but had heard they 'rarely' have them. You would think they'd be a 'well-stocked' item.

Club 33 Ears (Mouseterminds Forums)
    Very cool! They're neutral, they'd go with everything!

I was REALLY hoping for a keychain, as I would use it every day. Oh well, though, I have the memories which are far more valuable!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Chief Troublemaker

Wow! My TR made the MiceChat newsletter!! Yay me! I feel as if I've finally 'arrived'. Thanks, DustySage!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12