Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Space mountain with the lights on

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    I"m surprised that no one has brought up the time when they did the "Rockin' Space Mountain" (or whatever they called it) a number of years ago, when they added a lot of nightclub-esque light effects inside, effectively lighting it up. Most people agreed that it made the ride more dull when you could see the track... it really destroyed the illusion of speed.

For those wanting to see a layout, they used to have a full model on display in the gallery a long time ago. I'm sure someone has pics of it.
    You mean this one?

https://www.google.com/search?q=spac...w=1441&bih=786

Fountain Valley, California, United States

I rode space mountain a couple weeks ago with someone who had glow with the show ears on and it was really cool! The track in front kept changing colors.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by xsdesign View Post
    I rode space mountain a couple weeks ago with someone who had glow with the show ears on and it was really cool! The track in front kept changing colors.
    Wait! What??
    The lights from his ears bounced off the grey-ish track or they have lights in the ride (newly installed) to work/interact with the ears?
    I'm not sure how I feel about this no matter what the answer is, but I will withold judgment until I see it with my own eyes, or a HQ vid.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Wait! What??
    The lights from his ears bounced off the grey-ish track or they have lights in the ride (newly installed) to work/interact with the ears?
    I'm not sure how I feel about this no matter what the answer is, but I will withold judgment until I see it with my own eyes, or a HQ vid.
    I think what xsdesign meant was the lights from the ears were causing the tracks to light up. What I want to know though is I thought the ears are supposed to shut off when you're on an attraction? If I was on Space Mountain, I would've found those ears super distracting!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    I think what xsdesign meant was the lights from the ears were causing the tracks to light up. What I want to know though is I thought the ears are supposed to shut off when you're on an attraction? If I was on Space Mountain, I would've found those ears super distracting!
    Even if they don't automatically shut off, out of courtesy the person should have plus a CM should have requested it. I'm surprised the ears didn't fall off.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post

Oy! This was what I was hinting at when I mentioned that I dunno how I feel about this. I could see this making the attraction 10,000X less fun (ok, this is an exageration! ) But if it isn't part of the show FX for Space, I really would like them to turn the hats off. This is my gut reaction. Maybe it looks cool and I should wait to see it.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Idk how it was on because I thought they are supposed to turn off, but the kid's ears were on. It made the ride scarier because you could see some more of the ride. It didn't light up the entire place, since their ears were doing the fade in/ fade out animation.

It's not just the GwtS ears. I rode Space Mountain with a family of 4 who were wearing those glow scarves they were selling from the ODV carts this winter. I was grumbling at first, but I actually liked seeing how close the tracks were. It'll probably be the closest I get to riding with the lights on.

(Also, I've been on Pirates with a group wearing those glow in the dark necklaces they sell from the ODV carts. That was the worst.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123