• Disneyland Dreamin'

Disneyland Invitation Service?

In anticipation and preparation for our upcoming trip, I have been searching for some interesting and cool ideas for building the excitement with the kids. So far, they don't have a clue we are going to Disneyland and we are hoping to make it a surprise reveal a little closer to the actual time.

My question: Is there a service (paid or free) that sends an invitation or a "Can't wait 'til you're here!" type of thing with a Disney postmark on it? I ask because I can mail something from anywhere, but my 9 year old daughter is sometimes too smart for her own good and would realize that it never came from there.

I thought it would be fun to build up over time with various activities to the actual invite/letter showing up in the mail a few days before we go. It's getting to be too much for me to keep all the excitement to myself!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Disneyland Invitation Service?

I'm guessing you can call the Guest Relations number on the website. But if they don't have anything, you could totally create your own "letter" and send them through mail to your home.

I saw a something cute on America's Funniest Home Videos once. It was a brother and sister and they had no idea they were going to be flying out to California to go to Disneyland. The day they were supposed to get on the plane the parents woke up the kids and they already had all the bags packed and int he car, kids didn't know. Kids got dressed like any other day, don't know if they were "dressing" them to go to school but they had no clue. Then they arrive at the airport and the kids are like''''ok....."....then they got on the plane and were told they were going to Dland.

I've seen other videos of kids being surprised on the day of with a note or a Mickey plushie but kids love that kinda stuff. And I don't know how far you are from the parks but that kinda thing is always fun.

• Evil is Sexy

Well, one of us frequent flyers could always mail postcards to your children from the mailboxes at the park.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by SaabR View Post
    In anticipation and preparation for our upcoming trip, I have been searching for some interesting and cool ideas for building the excitement with the kids. So far, they don't have a clue we are going to Disneyland and we are hoping to make it a surprise reveal a little closer to the actual time.

My question: Is there a service (paid or free) that sends an invitation or a "Can't wait 'til you're here!" type of thing with a Disney postmark on it? I ask because I can mail something from anywhere, but my 9 year old daughter is sometimes too smart for her own good and would realize that it never came from there.

I thought it would be fun to build up over time with various activities to the actual invite/letter showing up in the mail a few days before we go. It's getting to be too much for me to keep all the excitement to myself!

My BFF mailed some postcards when we were there last week & we were told there is no longer a 'Disneyland postmark. It's just postmarked 'Anaheim CA'.

Don't know about written invites, but a 'character call' was part of our package through AAA, WDTC does them too. It is a pre-recorded call from a Disney character saying they're excited you're going to visit. If you booked a package, check your paperwork. The link I used to send the call to my BFF (she thought it was hilarious that Mickey was so excited over her impending visit) required our reservation number.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Sock Puppet

how about this idea: Serve your child a meal of all Mickey-shaped food. (Mickey pancakes are easy to make.) Hide a reveal message under his or her plate. They see it when he clears his or her plate! This way your letting them now they are going to Disneyland!

• Disneyland Dreamin'

Thanks for the ideas guys and the offer to send cards WildeNight but I guess if it no longer has the Disneyland postmark on it, it's not really that special. I have come up with an alternative and will be springing it on them soon! Poisonedapples, how did you know my kids LOVE pancakes! It's part of the plan... thanks!
    Last edited by SaabR; 03-09-2013 at 10:31 AM.