Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Queen Elsa

Re: Fantasy Faire Village opens to Disneyland Passholders, Photos and Review

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post

Only big downside for me: $4.50 for a bagal??????
    Good thing I don't like Bagals.

• New Member Goes Forth

Thanks for the review. It looks good and will please the target market of little girls. I look forward to see this in person next time I visit the west coast
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Just drawn that way

I went today, no kids, and I thought it was a cute little area. I loved the show due to great jokes for any age, some just for the parents and older crowd without being tasteless. Who's on first......made my boyfriend snort-laugh.
    Glad I got to do it today so I don't have to feel the need to run over there on a slightly busier day.

As for the colors....I am sure they'll fade in the sun after a while.
    Little and broken, but still good.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Here are a couple short video clips of the new Figaro animatronic and Clopin's Music Box

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• New Member Goes Forth

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Here are a couple short video clips of the new Figaro animatronic and Clopin's Music Box

These additions really adds the charm of the land. Looks great
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• some assembly required

Thx for the quickie update.

As for Figaro, WTH? I am no expert on Disney films, but are his eyes supposed to look like this? Is that "his thing" in Pinoccio? His fur looks like a made-in-China toy... is it b/c he is an outdoor animatronic? The body looks so plastic, so mechanical. I hate to call out one of the only non-architectural details of this new area, but I srsly expected him to look less cheap and toy like (a broken toy at that). And nothing about his eyes says "ah, I just woke up", rather it says "I need to see a Doctor, quick!"
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Well I guess I have a difference of an opinion on the attraction as stated earlier.

As for the "someone who has BEEN" there, this board is all about having an opinion on an idea, an attraction before it is completed(Avatarland), an announcement, a rumor, etc. So it really doesn't matter about being there. I'm sorry, it doesn't.

As for "charm". I mean those here who want to continue to bring down the NEW Fantasyland over in Florida by implying that it has no "charm", well more power to you. Both places has charm.

As for this being compared to Carsland. I understand as does everyone else here that this new area is no where near the status that is Carsland. But let's be Real. I am a tourist and this WILL be marketed as an addition to Disneyland's Fantasyland as an attraction for TOURISTS to visit Disneyland. It will be used in ads, publication, used in D23 expo. presentations, DVD mailing offerings, website contests. Again we all know it's not a Carsland but it is something "new" that will promoted for people both local and tourists to think about when planning a trip to either coast park.

I still stand by my opinion no matter how much it gets dissected here. I am not a fan of this new addition. I'm happy it has been created but I have no intention in rushing to the parks to see this and experience as many here have mentioned they will. On my next 2014 trip to the Disneyland resort, I will of course visit and my enjoy it in person more than visually seeing it through reviews and YouTube videos but I can be biased and judge it on face value as many here do with EVERYTHING Disney offers.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Olé! Olé! It's Showtime!

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    His fur looks like a made-in-China toy... is it b/c he is an outdoor animatronic? The body looks so plastic, so mechanical. I hate to call out one of the only non-architectural details of this new area, but I srsly expected him to look less cheap and toy like (a broken toy at that).
    I have to say I am disappointed by the recent crop of AA figures - Figaro, the fish in Little Mermaid, even Sebastian in the same attraction. The new geese in “it's a small world” are a perfect example: the originals looked, well, real. The new ones have hard, plastic beaks with seams around the moving parts (like Figaro's mouth, here). They look, as you say, like cheap plastic toys.
    MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Thanks for the review Fish
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

I think this addition looks great. My girls will love the Tangled tower and all of the individual buildings. And while I may not particularly care for the color scheme of the tent, I don't feel that this area was made for me. Kind of like The Little Mermaid Ride. I can't wait to take the girls to experience this in May. Good job Disney.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Dark shades of purple and this shade of red isn't too "bright". If you'll notice, Sleeping Beauty castle is a brighter shade of pink than all of these colors. I'll give you that the tent does look slightly "obnoxious", but the reason is that the colors "clash", you've got a *different* shade of light purple on the awning versus on the "tent" like entrances, and of course, these colors clash with the purple which also clashes with the pink/purple spire on top. For anybody who has painted a bathroom, done minimal interior decorating of their own house, they would know how to select colors that don't clash.

Maurice's wagon has orange, brown, and green . . . they work moderately well together, I would go with a more "worn" orange to complement the texture of the wood. If the tent color scheme was changed to purple, white and blue, no clash and folks wouldn't complain about "brightness" (though the tent would be brighter) which is really just the human eye noticing clashing colors. There is ton of tomato reds on Main Street, but they don't clash. I'll admit that red on purple is a poor design choice.

There are even articles on the internet about how hard it is to combined red and purple without them clashing.

Attachment 27790

Pure purple and red usually do clash . . .

Different shades of light purple = clash
    Mixing red and purple = clash
    Different shades of red on awnings and spire = clash

I really do love PFF and I'm not that put out by the color scheme on the tent, and I guess I'll have to wait to see it in person before making a judgement on this.

There's different tolerance to different types of clash, and I think Fishbulb is just perturbed by this clash. Normally, Disney does a great job avoiding clash and using colors that compliment each other. Remember that the old CPG used tomato reds and white . . . two colors which don't clash but are a whole lot brighter than the current color scheme:

Attachment 27791

If anything, the "brightness" of the current PFF needs to be upped, and the color scheme changed a little bit. Red and white, or pink and white would work fine (similar in style to CPG), and brighten it up a bit. Though even above, notice the three different shades of red, even the old CPG had clash. If you can't perfectly match roof/tent red and table umbrella red, then I would go with green/white for the umbrellas, and make sure all the red on the tent matches.
    It's not called "clash". It's contrast. Disney knows which colors to use. They do color studies before they even make a decision.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by grrandram View Post
    It's not called "clash". It's contrast. Disney knows which colors to use. They do color studies before they even make a decision.
    Exactly. These are the pros, let them design. They know what they're doing.

• Doom Buggy Driver

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

Oh man, I was really hoping that the Figaro animatronic would be more realistic. I feel that his movements could have been smoother and more "animated". Come on Disney, you can do better than that...

• SORCERER

I am thankful that that good view of the castle have been reopened, really some nice pathes over there, very peaceful. Took this yesterday from fantasy faire entrance.

• Sock Puppet

awesome! i wanna know what a chocolate twist is and if it's good. and i kinda want one ! LOL awesome photos Fishbulb. do u use your flash when inside taking the photos of the princess?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast