Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Re: The "I Have A Quick Random Disneyland Related Question, ......." Thread

Here's another random question, mostly aimed at those that have gone to DLR with tickets purchased at military ITT's: Will we have to take these tickets to Guest Relations and have them transferred to regular tickets?

That's what we had to do last summer, with WDW vouchers and then at Kennedy Space Center (with tickets purchased at a military ITT office).

Thanks,

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

The ones in Disneyland looked bigger than iPhones to me. When I was there in April, it acutally looked like a tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    The ones in Disneyland looked bigger than iPhones to me. When I was there in April, it acutally looked like a tablet.
    That's what I get for assuming. I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong when it happens from time to time.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by teacherlady19 View Post
    Will we have to take these tickets to Guest Relations and have them transferred to regular tickets?
    Hopefully someone else can chime in if the policy has changed, but the last time my stepdad got tickets at the base, they were able to be taken straight to the gate like a normal ticket. This was the first week in October 2012, so someone might have more current information if it's changed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    Was it so wrong of me to assume that they had some sort of mini tablet they were using, since they seem to have unlimited memory? Geeze. I had no idea they used Iphones. I've seen them holding them, that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    My apologies John, I meant no offense. Also, I should apologize for my assumption that is based on what I've seen here at the WDW parks. When it comes to the CM's that are standing at the "turnstiles" waiting to assist guests, I've only seen them using devices the size of iPhones. I don't live near DL anymore so for all I know, they could be using larger devices like iPads or tablets. But you could be right. They may not be iPhones and just a device that is similar to them. I was going based on what Ninja said on them being iPhones and the difference in color.
    (To add to what I said above John, I also respect you & appreciate you a lot on this particular thread. I used to live near Disneyland and considered myself an expert on the place. If anyone had a question, I was willing to provide an answer. And if it required it, as long as if I had an annual pass which was often, I'd go to the park to seek out the answer even providing a picture if the case warranted since I only lived like 10 minutes from the place. Which is why I created this thread so that anyone who has a quick question can get help from MC'ers like you & me. But I no longer live in southern California and you have come along to fill that expert role nicely. You've been very helpful on here, providing quick answers when needed and I thank you for that. My desire to help park goers to WDW is what also made me make a similar thread for the WDW area as well. So since I'm closer to there now (though a longer drive than 10 minutes) I can help answer any questions for this coast as well. But where this thread is concerned, I offer a and a to you good sir!)
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    (To add to what I said above John, I also respect you & appreciate you a lot on this particular thread. I used to live near Disneyland and considered myself an expert on the place. If anyone had a question, I was willing to provide an answer. And if it required it, as long as if I had an annual pass which was often, I'd go to the park to seek out the answer even providing a picture if the case warranted since I only lived like 10 minutes from the place. Which is why I created this thread so that anyone who has a quick question can get help from MC'ers like you & me. But I no longer live in southern California and you have come along to fill that expert role nicely. You've been very helpful on here, providing quick answers when needed and I thank you for that. My desire to help park goers to WDW is what also made me make a similar thread for the WDW area as well. So since I'm closer to there now (though a longer drive than 10 minutes) I can help answer any questions for this coast as well.) But where this thread is concerned, I offer a and a to you good sir!
    Thanks for your comment. Its all "water under the bridge". I love Disneyland and all things related to it. I would spend a lot more time there if I could. With my disabilities, it's hard to do more than a couple hours, but I've had so many fond memories of everything and everyone at Disneyland (for the most part). Mice Chat is something to kill boredom for me, and I love the community here. I used to look for Disneyland questions on Yahoo Answers, but there are so many people on there who have no clue about Disneyland throwing out answers that they have heard in the media. I'm actually a ma'm not a sir, though I think I would prefer the sir title, since ma'm sounds so old lady like, lol. The user name is in memory of a ship my boyfriend served on in the military, he still wishes he's stayed in to retire.

Well, "pardon me, my lady." (in the best southern gentleman tone I could offer.)

• Selfie Expert

johnlawwhiskey - I assumed you were a male due to your username as well. Good to know that you're not!! I hate when I assume wrong! lol

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    johnlawwhiskey - I assumed you were a male due to your username as well. Good to know that you're not!! I hate when I assume wrong! lol
    Everyone does, and I don't mind it at all. On some websites I have 100% female under my avatar. I had problems with an online stalker in the past that turned into an offline stalker. So it's safer for me to use this nickname, plus is means something to my boyfriend.

• Selfie Expert

I like it, especially with the meaning behind it. I guess gender doesn't really matter on these boards, it's just always funny when you assume one way and it turns out another!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Splash Enthusiast

Just came back from a five-day trip and I have some questions:

-Did the pitch black room on Indy that has the projection of the rats at the end used to have an effect? Or has it always just been a dark room?
    -What's up with the far left elevator on Tower? It has definitely been down the past two trips (a year apart) and it may have been down the year before too. I asked a CM, who said it started working again, but went back down.
    -How long have the can-can birds been down in Splash? Those two and a fox animatronic were all still for my five-day trip.

Quote Originally Posted by starttodaybb View Post

-Did the pitch black room on Indy that has the projection of the rats at the end used to have an effect? Or has it always just been a dark room?
    -What's up with the far left elevator on Tower? It has definitely been down the past two trips (a year apart) and it may have been down the year before too. I asked a CM, who said it started working again, but went back down.
    -How long have the can-can birds been down in Splash? Those two and a fox animatronic were all still for my five-day trip.
    The room on Indy, if the room you are talking about is the one I'm thinking of (the one just before the flying dart room and the boulder) it had a hologram of a tree branch that the jeep would drive through.
    I do not know anything of the Tower since I am no longer a resident of California, so I cannot provide a definitive answer.

As for the anima-tronics on Splash, it would be my guess that Splash has not gone under any recent refurbishment or maintenance schedules due to Big Thunder being under maintenance. Though I am not aware if BTMR is open again, I would imagine that Splash would remain open until the end of the summer until their busy season has concluded.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I always wondered what ever happened to the Pearly Band in "Mickey's Soundsational Parade?"
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    I always wondered what ever happened to the Pearly Band in "Mickey's Soundsational Parade?"
    The last time I saw the parade, the Pearly Band was still there. They have always only appeared in the first parade of the day and not the second one. Unless the pearly band is not what I am thinking of...bright colors...purple, orange, blue, etc, usually with Mary Poppins

Quote Originally Posted by starttodaybb View Post

there was 4 birds and the fox down last week i think

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast