Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: The "I Have A Quick Random Disneyland Related Question, ......." Thread

If you want a good burger in the park, Taste Pilots Grill inside DCA does an excellent job, and Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Californian Hotel near the pool. Not quite the level of In-N-Out, but it's right there.

The burgers in Disneyland (Tommorowland Terrace) have only been "Eh, it's Okay..." for years. They just don't try to get it to you hot and fresh, and while the DLR Foods people claim to have gotten better I haven't been willing to try.

Life's too short to deliberately eat boring food - you get enough of it unintentionally.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Closed Account

Check out the new chocolate twists near the Royal Theatre, but get them first thing in the morning, or they are way too dry! They beat the churros hands down. Does anyone else think the churros at Disneyland have gone downhill? Last couple I got have been doughy.

• New Mommy

I don't think they've gone down at all! Once in a while I'll get a churro that's a little too crunchy, but 90% of the time they're absolutely fabulous. I had the chocolate twist thing and thought it tasted like a plain bagel. I was really disappointed with it!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I don't think they've gone down at all! Once in a while I'll get a churro that's a little too crunchy, but 90% of the time they're absolutely fabulous. I had the chocolate twist thing and thought it tasted like a plain bagel. I was really disappointed with it!
    Did you pick up one of the frozen apple juice drinks with it? You have to have something to wash it down with. They tasted better when they first came out though. I think Sea World's churros trump Disneyland's ten fold. I like a crispy churro not one that is doughy in the center.

• New Mommy

I didn't. I'm planning to try one of those apple drinks on my next visit, though! I won't be doing the chocolate twist again, though I'm thinking of trying the strawberry one. However if it looks similar to the chocolate, I'll pass and grab a tried and true churro instead.

I guess the churro debate comes down to preference. I hate the crunchy ones. I like crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside.

I must admit that I'm not a burger fan and ATM most of what is on it I can't eat. However the people going with me are. So I will pass on the info and say thanks on their behalf.

i have a friend who now lives in LA, so I will ask her about the pork rinds. Also she has a car.

The churo's I have had here in oz, I have thought were ok. The one I had in Eurodisney earlier this year was awesome because of the dipping sauce. I saw that there are ones with cinnamon chocolate sauce, so I want to try it if I can. I'm not able to eat bread yet but in a month I may be able to try that. The chocolate twist may fit into the same category. We will see.

Thank you again for all the tips. I'm getting really excited because its now 32 days until we leave. I think our first day in the park is the 31st of July.

Kelly I read your bucket list, very cool and also congrats on expecting.

Another question. Is there certain spots reserved for people in wheelchairs to watch things like parades, nightly shows and the like. Also do I need to get a card for it?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
    Is there certain spots reserved for people in wheelchairs to watch things like parades, nightly shows and the like. Also do I need to get a card for it?
    If you will be using the wheelchair all the time at the parks, then you don't need to get a card. If you will be alternating between a wheelchair and walking, or if there might be times when you might not have the wheelchair, you will definitely want to get a Guest Assistance Card. They are available at City Hall on Main Street USA. You just tell them your limitations, and they will give you a card. I recommend getting a card, even if you will be using a wheelchair, because if you decide to do any walking at all, or park the wheelchair, they will ask you for a card.

When using a wheelchair at most of the rides in Disneyland you will use a separate entrance, at DCA, most of the queues are wheelchair accessible. For Fantasmic, there is a separate disabled section for wheelchairs, but get there early or you will end up on the side (not front and center). For parades, and so forth, you are better off getting there early, parking the wheelchair on the curb near the street, and going with the flow.

For a list of what entrances to use with a wheelchair at Disneyland you can refer to this: http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...ties_Guide.pdf

For a list of what entrances to use with a wheelchair at DCA you can refer to this:
    http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...ties_Guide.pdf

They will give you a paper list with all of the information you need at City Hall when they give you your Guest Assistance Card

That was very helpful, thank you. I can walk but the amount varies. Some days not even two steps out of my friends car and I'm in agony. Other days, I can manage the whole grocery shop and it just niggles. I also have limited vision at night (due to fixed pupils) so I need it then especially in crowds. Paris Disney is poorly lit. I took so many pics just so I could see past my toes. I will get the card. I wasn't sure before. Thanks again.

• New Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
    Kelly I read your bucket list, very cool and also congrats on expecting.
    Thank you!!

Another thing to check out food-wise, other than surfing all the menus on allears.com, is to look through the food and drink thread in the forum. A lot of people have shared pictures and comments on foods they have eaten in the parks, including myself. Prepare to drool on yourself while skimming through it, though!

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but are there dairy free options? As much as I'd love to have ice cream again, I'm lactose intolerant

I know I could get lactaid pills (relative uses them and they say it works) but I was wondering if Disney has stepped up on providing dairy free ice cream.

Sorry if this has been answered D: I've been away for more than a month ._.
    As of 6/15, Merida is now my favorite Princess...Sorry, Cinderella. Thanks for the memories.

Disneyland AP Holder since 2012
    Check me out on Instagram: instagram.com/elimprocess#

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by soothseyer View Post
    I don't know if this has been answered yet, but are there dairy free options? As much as I'd love to have ice cream again, I'm lactose intolerant

I know I could get lactaid pills (relative uses them and they say it works) but I was wondering if Disney has stepped up on providing dairy free ice cream.

The only thing I know for sure that is dairy free and like ice cream are the Dole Whips.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• New Mommy

I looked through the menus at the ice cream places I could think of - Clarabelle's, Ghiradelli, and Gibson girls. I didn't see any dairy free options listed. You might be able to get a yummy frozen coffee at Starbucks - I know they have soy options! Otherwise, like WildeNight said, I've heard the Dole Whip is dairy free.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by soothseyer View Post

The Dole Whip as someone has mentioned is officially dairy free. All the sorbets in both parks are dairy free. My favorite sorbet is the blood orange sorbet that has the berries with it from Ariel's Grotto. Sorbet is pretty much what I had to stick to when I was there on a dairy free diet because I am allergic to another ingredient in the Dole Whip (not a dairy ingredient).

Most of the restaurants at Disneyland will accommodate you, you just need to talk to the chef upon your arrival. Stopping at City Hall for a list of ideas can also be helpful.

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Thanks for the help WildeNight, KellyMcG86 and johnlawwhiskey

I'll see what I can do. I still haven't had a dole whip D: *blasphemous*
    As of 6/15, Merida is now my favorite Princess...Sorry, Cinderella. Thanks for the memories.

Disneyland AP Holder since 2012
    Check me out on Instagram: instagram.com/elimprocess#

I want to try the dole whip. I saw it in the food and drink section. Thank you for pointing it out Kelly. I spent a lot of time drooling over it. I read today as of this week I can try bread again, pasta and lean meats. So in a month I should hopefully be coping better. I don't know the equivalent but I have lost 50 kilos and 15 of it since having my op 3 months ago. So I'm starting to get really excited about trying stuff
    did I read right? There are frozen Starbucks items? Adelaide hasn't had Starbucks in years