Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

Re: The "I Have A Quick Random Disneyland Related Question, ......." Thread

New question. Do they still sell divinity ? I bought it in a shop on Main Street that sold all sorts of lollies.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

What could cancel Fantasmic!?
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    What could cancel Fantasmic!?
    Disneyland can choose to cancel Fantasmic any time they want. Common reasons that they cancel Fantasmic include small crowds, technical difficulties with various elements of the show, refurbishments, heavy rain (even sometimes light rain), winds (both heavy and light winds). But again, Disneyland can cancel it whenever they feel like it. The same goes for the fireworks, I gave up with the fireworks a long time ago, except seeing them on the fly. There have been nights they cancelled the fireworks due to "high winds" when the flag was still and so were the castle pennant/flag things, and then Angel Stadium shot off their fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    Disneyland can choose to cancel Fantasmic any time they want. Common reasons that they cancel Fantasmic include small crowds, technical difficulties with various elements of the show, refurbishments, heavy rain (even sometimes light rain), winds (both heavy and light winds). But again, Disneyland can cancel it whenever they feel like it. The same goes for the fireworks, I gave up with the fireworks a long time ago, except seeing them on the fly. There have been nights they cancelled the fireworks due to "high winds" when the flag was still and so were the castle pennant/flag things, and then Angel Stadium shot off their fireworks.
    There have been many times when the fireworks were cancelled due to winds, but none would be felt at street level. Its because they're being affected higher up, in the range area where the pyros are shot. And just because the pyros went off at Angel Stadium, doesn't mean they were safe to launch at Disneyland which is a couple of miles away.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    There have been many times when the fireworks were cancelled due to winds, but none would be felt at street level. Its because they're being affected higher up, in the range area where the pyros are shot. And just because the pyros went off at Angel Stadium, doesn't mean they were safe to launch at Disneyland which is a couple of miles away.
    There have also been many times when there were no winds at all, and Disneyland has cancelled fireworks due to low crowds. Generally they start making the announcement on the train that they could be cancelled around noon, usually an indicator that they will be cancelled, winds or not.

I think its ridiculous that they would cancel them due to low crowds. In my opinion it would probably be more enjoyable with smaller crowds. However, I cannot imagine a time now when Disneyland would have low crowds.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I think its ridiculous that they would cancel them due to low crowds. In my opinion it would probably be more enjoyable with smaller crowds. However, I cannot imagine a time now when Disneyland would have low crowds.
    I know! I have had it admitted to me by Guest Services, City Hall, and even an e-mail from Disneyland that they are cancelled when attendance doesn't "meet or exceed their expectations". Their reasoning has always been the high cost of the show. Personally, I would love to see them cut the show back, remove some of the elements affected by high winds (like the Dumbo and Tinkerbell thing) and have a show regardless rain, fog, wind, etc.

Sea World has a short show every night in specific seasons, but you can always count on it being there, even in the fog. There have been times at Sea World that the fog was so thick that you couldn't see the fireworks, but you could hear them. I would rather have a show that you can count on that is low budget, then a high budget show that they have when they feel like it. Just my opinion though.

Not sure if my two questions got missed or no one knows the answer.
    one I think I read that Starbucks do frozen items, is that true?
    second does any one know if the lolly shop on Main Street still sells divinity. I bought it 22 years ago and it was so yummy.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
    Not sure if my two questions got missed or no one knows the answer.
    one I think I read that Starbucks do frozen items, is that true?
    second does any one know if the lolly shop on Main Street still sells divinity. I bought it 22 years ago and it was so yummy.
    Yes the Starbucks sells frozen items, different types of iced coffee. They can also mix you up just about anything that they have ingredients for as well, even if it's not on the menu. Yes they still sell Divinity. The fudge is my favorite!

Oh wow they didn't have a fudge version when I went.
    So cool on the Starbucks. I'm in south Australia and we no longer have Starbucks here. I can only get it interstate. Just like Krispy kremes
    thank you for answering
    i thought of another question. Is there anywhere in the park that has free wifi?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
    Is there anywhere in the park that has free wifi?
    There is no location inside of Disneyland or DCA with free Wifi. The Disneyland hotels do have free Wifi, and you can sometimes pick up the Grand California's signal in DCA. You can also use 3G in the park as an alternative.

Thanks for that too. I'm going to have to buy a SIMM card when I get there and not sure if I can net with it. I only ask because there a lot of rides I won't go on but members of my group will. So I thought I could surf the net while I wait.

Technically the parks have free wifi throughout, realistically it's not very reliable. Your best bet is to go to Whitewater snacks or the GCH lobby.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Technically the parks have free wifi throughout, realistically it's not very reliable. Your best bet is to go to Whitewater snacks or the GCH lobby.
    Actually Disney World offers free wifi, Disneyland does not. There might be some access points, like the Dream Suite above Pirates, but only when it's in use.

I've gotten online via my cell phone while standing in line at ToT - maybe that's where I was getting confused.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast