Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

• Closed Account

Re: The "I Have A Quick Random Disneyland Related Question, ......." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I've gotten online via my cell phone while standing in line at ToT - maybe that's where I was getting confused.
    Yes, parts of DCA get wifi from the Grand Californian. Some cell phones have better signals as well.

Thank you

I have a feeling that the reason why Disneyland and DCA doesn't offer the free Wi-Fi is because of the tightly packed area. They probably fear that the nearby businesses will piggy back on their signal. WDW can do it because there's no other 3rd party business nearby that can take advantage of it.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

•   
    • Evil Genius

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I have a feeling that the reason why Disneyland and DCA doesn't offer the free Wi-Fi is because of the tightly packed area. They probably fear that the nearby businesses will piggy back on their signal. WDW can do it because there's no other 3rd party business nearby that can take advantage of it.
    Also, if they offer free wifi and EVERYONE gets on, the system will just get bogged down to the point of it not even being worth it.
    I prefer Evil Genius!
    www.evilgeniusguide.blogspot.com

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbajookiba626 View Post
    Also, if they offer free wifi and EVERYONE gets on, the system will just get bogged down to the point of it not even being worth it.
    With that many people in a confined area - Even when you have to pay for the connectivity, the Verizon Wireless and AT&T Wireless data systems simply can't handle the load - and I doubt ClearWire/Sprint or T-Mobile are any better. At the fireworks last night, I had 4 Bars and a 3G/4G connection - and couldn't get any throughput at all.

Try to load a webpage to check business hours, or the traffic going home, and it would load the first few graphics and stall.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Ouch.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

I just watched Disneyland, USA, on a video collection I had purchased a few years back called Walt Disney's Treasures - Disneyland Secrets, Stories and Magic. An amazing made for theatre movie about Disneyland done when it was brand new. It got me wondering if there are any micechatters on this board who were there on the first day or during those early days??

• Selfie Expert

You may want to start a thread asking that - you'll get more traffic and more likely to get someone's attention who was there on opening day. I know there are a few MCers who were there when it opened, or very close to it! I'm just not sure they lurk on this specific thread.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneyland 19 year APH

To answer the Wifi question a little further. As part of MM+ at Florida they got free Wifi in the parks to help the guests accuses there MM+ reservations on their phones and not bog down physical terminals at all guests services. When MM+ gets added to DLR we will get it as well. For the moment you can use the wifi at the GCA. All wifi in the park is for Disney CM traffic only and you need a certain thing on your devices to use it.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    I just watched Disneyland, USA, on a video collection I had purchased a few years back called Walt Disney's Treasures - Disneyland Secrets, Stories and Magic. An amazing made for theatre movie about Disneyland done when it was brand new. It got me wondering if there are any micechatters on this board who were there on the first day or during those early days??

yes, I was there on opening day. Unfortunately, I was only 7 months old so I can't actually tell you much about it firsthand, LOL. my folks have some 8mm home movies & one of these days I'll manage to get DH to transfer to cd so I can upload them. We went about once a year or so during my childhood in So Cal. Memories of a much less crowded park, being able to do 'everything' in a day. A place of real magic. Of course, for me the magic is still there. Maybe a little different, but still magic.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Very cool! How special - to say you were there - even if you don't remember it.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718