Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• New Mommy

Re: The "I Have A Quick Random Disneyland Related Question, ......." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hadla View Post
    I'd love to know the answer to that, too!
    This is why I think this thread is a great idea!! Lots of answers to questions people have had, and maybe learning about things we never thought to ask. Props to the OP for creating this!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    This is why I think this thread is a great idea!! Lots of answers to questions people have had, and maybe learning about things we never thought to ask. Props to the OP for creating this!
    Thanks Kelly. It just didn't make sense to have one thread for just one question. I thought it would be good to have a thread like this instead where many could ask random questions they have, all in one place. I grew up near Disneyland. I will do my best to answer what I can, but I'm in Florida now near Disney World. So I'm not completely caught up with the goings on in Anaheim. I wasn't aware that they moved the Fantasy Faire to old Plaza Gardens. When I first saw that, I thought it was the one by the Fantasyland Stage. Yep, I'm missing out on a lot over there. But it's okay. I'm near someplace a lot better.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

To ride the caboose of the train - do you have to request it or can anyone ride it? Is there anything special/unique about it? I feel like I see the Lilly Belle running more often than the caboose car.
    I'd love to know the answer to that, too!
    I just contacted Guest Relations (714)781-7290, then press 0 at the menu, and they said the only caboose they have is the Lilly Belle and it doesn't run every day. Guests can ride it but they need to make special arrangements such as going through Guest Relations at City Hall. You could also try calling that number in advance to see what can be done. Right now though the Main Street Train station is going through a refurb so apparently the train is not running.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Minion

The caboose can be ridden by anyone at any station. To ride the Lilly Belle, you need to make a reservation at park opening, but the regular caboose is accessible to anyone at any station when it is running.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    The caboose can be ridden by anyone at any station. To ride the Lilly Belle, you need to make a reservation at park opening, but the regular caboose is accessible to anyone at any station when it is running.
    I thought there was more than one, but the GR cast member on the phone didn't sound so sure.

So its the Lilly Belle that is the real fancy one that's decorated nicely inside, and the other is the regular caboose? I seem to remember being told before that you still had to ask to be able to ride in that one?

And do they still let guests ride in the coal car, if asked in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I just contacted Guest Relations (714)781-7290, then press 0 at the menu, and they said the only caboose they have is the Lilly Belle and it doesn't run every day. Guests can ride it but they need to make special arrangements such as going through Guest Relations at City Hall. You could also try calling that number in advance to see what can be done. Right now though the Main Street Train station is going through a refurb so apparently the train is not running.
    thanks! I definitely want to try it when I go in July! I'd love to ride around the park in it!

edit: just googled it and found this: http://adventureswithben.com/theme-p...land-railroad/

should I go to City Hall or the Railroad Station to ask about it? I'd love to get a souvenir ticket from riding it!
    Last edited by hadla; 03-10-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009

"When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the hall, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight... Welcome foolish mortals"

"Mustard? Yes, but... Mustard!? Don't let's be silly!"

Here's another quick question: Anyone know how late the Hearthstone Lounge is open on Fridays and Saturdays during the summer?

• Ewok

Can two people share an entree at the restaurants in the park? I heard a rumor that you could.

Sharing an entree should be no more problem at the park than anywhere else. They might charge you a split fee, but it depends on the place. Things like Plaza Inn don't care at all, where a sit-down place might.

You could have one person order the entree, and the other order an appetizer as your meal, then split both. That avoids the split charge.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Does anyone have any experience with room service at Disney's hotels or delivery from Downtown Disney? The Service Dog and I prefer to dine together in our lodgings -- he's enough of a character for me!
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• New Mommy

I thought the caboose was a separate thing from the Lilly Belle? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I thought there was more than one, but the GR cast member on the phone didn't sound so sure.

So its the Lilly Belle that is the real fancy one that's decorated nicely inside, and the other is the regular caboose? I seem to remember being told before that you still had to ask to be able to ride in that one?

And do they still let guests ride in the coal car, if asked in advance?
    The Lilly Belle is the fancy one with the curtains. If you click on my latest TR (in my signature) I have some pictures in it. I've been in it twice, it's really neat!

The tender seat is another one that you just go up to the main street station (or I guess Tomorrowland since MS is closed?) and ask if it's available. They can't do it if they're filling the water tanks or if it's too hot (the seat gets VERY warm from the steam engine as is). That is a very fun ride, as well, and I highly recommend it!

thanks! I definitely want to try it when I go in July! I'd love to ride around the park in it!

edit: just googled it and found this: Riding the Lilly Belle on the Disneyland Railroad | adventureswithben.com

should I go to City Hall or the Railroad Station to ask about it? I'd love to get a souvenir ticket from riding it!
    Go to the Railraod station to ask first thing in the morning.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Go to the Railraod station to ask first thing in the morning.
    thanks, I'll do that!

"When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the hall, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight... Welcome foolish mortals"

question for collectors of vintage 60s Disneyland family slides/photos/films. What was the most photographed attraction? I just purchased a box of vintage Disneyland film and slides and of the 24 slides, half are of the submarine, from the sidewalk and underneath the water, from every angle, I just cringed at the lack of other areas though maybe the 8mm films have those different lands.

another thread reminded me of disney dollars... I'm glad it did because i would have forgotten to get new ones for my collection! anyway, my question is: are they only making the $1 bills now? I had hoped to finally get one of each denomination.

I thought the caboose was a separate thing from the Lilly Belle? Maybe I'm mistaken.
    Yeah there is another caboose that runs, I have ridden in it once in the summer and I would not recommend it during a hot day because it is stifling in there... If you have been in the Lilly Belle then the other caboose will be pretty boring because it isn't really special or ornate but it is fun to do if you haven't

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast