Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: The "I Have A Quick Random Disneyland Related Question, ......." Thread

Yes! They don't check your ID or anything. My feeling is, if that's what you're celebrating then you should get the button! My husband and I's dating anniversary (we celebrate it more than our wedding anniversary since we were together so long before getting married) is Aug 26th, but we will be in the parks early September to celebrate. I'll be getting us buttons!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    You can get them in the following places:
    Main Street City Hall in Disneyland - you can get them out front if someone is manning the stairs, or you can wait in line and go inside

Toy Story Parking Lot - you can get them where you purchase park tickets, they usually only have birthday buttons though

Guest Services at DCA - you can obtain them there, all of the same ones they have at City Hall in Disneyland
    My daughter was given a first visit button in Ramone's in Cars land. I think most of the stores in the park probably have them

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    My daughter was given a first visit button in Ramone's in Cars land. I think most of the stores in the park probably have them
    This is true, the large gift shops sometimes have them, but they don't like to advertise it because they try to keep the shops clear for customers. If you are already in a gift shop making a purchase, it doesn't hurt to ask. There are also employees in Cars Land that walk around with tons of buttons, Carsland themed, first visit, birthday, and anniversary.

• Disneyland Dreamer

I will say, the happy birthday for my daughter, and the happy anniversary from the cast members everywhere we went was a nice touch. Only issue was the spray on sunblock disolved the sharpie they wrote her name with on the birthday button. I think we ended up with a new button every day. Should bring packaging tape next time and tape over it once written.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    I will say, the happy birthday for my daughter, and the happy anniversary from the cast members everywhere we went was a nice touch. Only issue was the spray on sunblock disolved the sharpie they wrote her name with on the birthday button. I think we ended up with a new button every day. Should bring packaging tape next time and tape over it once written.
    You must use a sunblock with a high alcohol content. I know bug sprays and even perfumes that contain a lot of alcohol will rub of the Sharpie on the buttons. We usually hand them a laundry Sharpie to write the name with, we use it for other things throughout the day as well.

• Closed Account

Has anyone ever caught a picture of the live horse that lives along the Rivers of America. It was in a pen at the time we saw it, but just missed getting a picture of it. Is the horse always there? Does the horse have another purpose in the park?

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    Has anyone ever caught a picture of the live horse that lives along the Rivers of America. It was in a pen at the time we saw it, but just missed getting a picture of it. Is the horse always there? Does the horse have another purpose in the park?
    I saw it one time too from Tom Sawyers Island. I believe the pen is part of the backstage area, probably where they would keep the horses that pull the trolley on Main Street. That would be my guess.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    It's really bugging me, I want to see a picture of that robot really badly. I wonder why they took it out...
    The Space Mountain robot from HiddenMickeys.org
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Do they still open Toon Town an hour after the rest of DLR opens?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by caseyj View Post
    Do they still open Toon Town an hour after the rest of DLR opens?
    Yes they do. If the park opens at 8am, Toontown opens at 9am.

It seems to me like the Fastpass line for Indy isn't much of a fastpass. Does anyone else feel this way?? It just doesn't seem to bypass much of the standby line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    It seems to me like the Fastpass line for Indy isn't much of a fastpass. Does anyone else feel this way?? It just doesn't seem to bypass much of the standby line.
    Well one reason it gives off this impression is because the queue is so long in itself, the reason being is because they have to trek the guests outside "the berm" and go beyond the railroad tracks to the ride building. Which is a long walk. And making the queue as distinct and interactive as they did, its kind of tough to be double sided at times to allow one side for stand by and one side for fast pass. Last I remember, they used to filter in fast pass in the film room. But I don't know if they do that anymore. When you use fast pass, you do pass the standby line outside. Its just because of the length is why its difficult and that it doesn't seem to help much.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

I thought they used to do that too, hook up in the film room. This last trip we were integrated before we got into the room prior to that - where you "pull the rope". In my estimation we might have skipped ahead by 1/3 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    The Space Mountain robot from HiddenMickeys.org
    Thank-you

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    I thought they used to do that too, hook up in the film room. This last trip we were integrated before we got into the room prior to that - where you "pull the rope". In my estimation we might have skipped ahead by 1/3 or so.
    They have used both rooms in the past to integrate the two lines. Its just that because of the queue, they don't have a whole lot of options. Not like they do with attractions that have two sides like Splash, Thunder, Matterhorn, Small World, Star Tours, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, & Haunted.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast