Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Question The "I Have A Quick Random Disneyland Related Question, ......." Thread

....Could Someone Answer Please?

(Note to Moderators, if this has been done before, my apologies. I couldn't find a similar thread. But if its okay to use, please feel free to put this as a "Sticky" if it works out well enough.)

Sometimes a random question can arise from Disney enthusiasts that doesn't need an entire thread just to answer one question. Especially if someone else can come along and answer that question quickly enough just within a few posts. So how about a thread designated for Quick Random questions that can be answered by someone in the know or who knows the answer? For example, because I have one from last night which inspired this thread (and the one I posted in the WDW area as well.)

Here in WDW at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney, there is a section where girls can get princess makeovers. On last night's new episode of "The Big Bang Theory", the girls talked about going to Disneyland and getting a princess makeover. So my question is, is that being done at the Disneyland Resort now? They hadn't had that there before. But before I moved from So Cal to Florida in early 2011, I remember the WoD store being under reconstruction in January. So is that part of what they were doing there? Perhaps someone could answer that.

And then going forward, if anyone has a quick Disneyland related question, please feel free to post it here if you'd like.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

•   

Re: The "I Have A Quick Random Disneyland Related Question, ......." Thread

There is a place in Fantasyland that offers princess makeovers. I think it's the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.

So yes, you can get princess makeovers at Disneyland, but it's in the park itself and not at WoD in Downtown Disney.

Thanks, I completely forgot about that.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Page 53 of the book Disneyland: dreams , traditions and transitions are those popcorn turners still in use or have they been replaced?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

If referring to the popcorn cart characters turning the little wheels of kernels (abominable snowman, frontiersman, HM butler, clown, etc), yes they are still in use throughout the park.

In the POTC, at the jail/dog scene, there is a skeleton in chains along the back wall of one of the cells. When was that added? I don't remember it (or just never saw it).
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    In the POTC, at the jail/dog scene, there is a skeleton in chains along the back wall of one of the cells. When was that added? I don't remember it (or just never saw it).
    Coming from a former So Cal resident & former Disneyland annual passholder and cast member, to my knowledge it has been there for the last several years. I cannot say it is an original to the attraction, but it has been there for as long as I can remember.

• Minion

In the park they have the Bibbity boppity boutique in fantasyland and I also believe the Disney365 store in DTD does makeovers too
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    In the park they have the Bibbity boppity boutique in fantasyland and I also believe the Disney365 store in DTD does makeovers too
    Studio Disney 365 does but not princess styles. It does more pop styles for girls and boys. Colored hair and sparkle type stuff.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Has the connector between Frontierland and the former Plaza Gardens(now Fantasy Fair) remain intact and/or changed?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    I believe it was added in the 1998 refurb.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    Has the connector between Frontierland and the former Plaza Gardens(now Fantasy Fair) remain intact and/or changed?
    The connecting tunnel between the Rancho del Zocalo and Fantasy Faire remains intact and will reopen with Fantasy Faire on Tuesday.

Thanks! Also is the primeval world backdrop the same one as the grand canyon one? Or are they seperate?

• New Mommy

To ride the caboose of the train - do you have to request it or can anyone ride it? Is there anything special/unique about it? I feel like I see the Lilly Belle running more often than the caboose car.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    Thanks! Also is the primeval world backdrop the same one as the grand canyon one? Or are they seperate?
    They are separate. The tunnel you pass through after the Grand Canyon separates the 2 dioramas.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    To ride the caboose of the train - do you have to request it or can anyone ride it? Is there anything special/unique about it? I feel like I see the Lilly Belle running more often than the caboose car.
    I'd love to know the answer to that, too!
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009

"When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the hall, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight... Welcome foolish mortals"

"Mustard? Yes, but... Mustard!? Don't let's be silly!"

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast