View Poll Results: Oz Themed Nighttime Party?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

16 44.44%
  • No! Keep the Alice theme!

8 22.22%
  • No! It needs to have some other type of theme!

12 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Follow-up to Mad T Party: Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    No more night time parties please. Let's instead focus on improving the theme of Hollywood Land and start by getting rid of gaudy decorations that clash horribly with the time period and look ugly during the day.

Thanks.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    The should close up MTP right as Spring Break slows. Then do one that fits the area, a pre party for the release of a coming film.

Monster's University Kegger!!!!!!!!!!
    I love this idea. No joke, no snark. I don't even know if you are being sarcastic or not. But the idea that they'd do a "college block party" in front of the Monster's Inc ride is so incredibly rich.

I mean, you could do themed party nights like we used to do in college: greek nights where CM's wear togas; Midnight Madness nights where CM's wear Letterman jackets; 50's diner nights; "Monsters" nights (since they are already Monsters they would dress in reverse and be human); Disco night...

Man, the mind boggles. Coolest. Idea. Ever.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

No more night time parties please. Let's instead focus on improving the theme of Hollywood Land and start by getting rid of gaudy decorations that clash horribly with the time period and look ugly during the day.

Thanks.
    True, but what could be more "Hollywood" than a movie promotion taking over the boulevard?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    If they want to do a new one to promote a movie, it shouldn't be Oz which as mentioned is already in theaters.

The should close up MTP right as Spring Break slows. Then do one that fits the area, a pre party for the release of a coming film.

Monster's University Kegger!!!!!!!!!!
    Well it will also fit the ride in the area making it double synergy!

• No Disassemble!

Thanks.
    But thanks to the night parties my children don't have to hear the eff word going off rapid fire in the line for Peter Pan at 9pm.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Oz replacing T? I'm eh on the idea. But then again I felt the same way about T until I actually saw the band and realized how good they were. The between DJ is okay, it just not my type of music. I just don't think it's going anywhere for awhile. I was never a fan of Glow with the Show as it felt like it had cheap decorations. Electronica while visually was cool, the music was not my type of thing as I don't do Clubs. T, well the band is good and the music choices are good, and I can actually leave during the "club" part and come back for the band. Now what to theme it as next? I actually like the Star Wars idea, but again I don't think T is going anywhere for a while and I've heard about additions to the show that would further enhance the Alice in Wonderland theme and even new music coming. I think Disney loves it because it spreads out the night crowd between T, Cars Land, and World of Color.

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

For those of you wondering when it will be gone, MTP is on contract for 4 years. There's been rumbles of perhaps extending that time considering it's brought in numbers they never even imagined or expected. It's taken everyone by surprise with how well it's done really. The band has been in rehearsals for new songs again; probably in time for summer I imagine. I too heard that there were to be other things added as well to enhance the whole experience.

I get it, most people hate T and I can't blame anyone for it. If I didn't enjoy live music so much I'd probably hate it just as much as the rest of you do. But it's really fun and you gotta admit, as terrible as that version of Alice was, the theme definitely works wonderfully together.

I can see an Oz overlay happening though. IDK how I'd feel about it but considering I was proven wrong with T, I don't want to pass judgement this time around haha

I never saw EleTRONica in full swing, and as a fan, I really do hope they bring it back. So that's my top priority. However, I do see some significant merit with this idea. There is so much potential with the theming of this world. I love the idea walking towards the party with the environment decorated in shades of gray, then coming under the archway, walking through the mist and entering the colored world of Oz. That would be too cool.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Option D. Get ride of the "RAVE" all together? Or move it indoors.

• -

First off, the poll should have had a choice for no more street parties.

Secondly, if they must do another one, I would hope for something other than Oz. Quite frankly the movie just wasn't good enough.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

While I'd welcome anything replacing "T", ElecTRONica would be my first, second and third choice.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    Option D. Get ride of the "RAVE" all together? Or move it indoors.
    While many people have that opinion I doubt it's a good idea.

Look how Dancing with Disney went, it attracted few to it's indoor location. Outdoor dancing livens up the area, and is attractive to people as it's rare compared to indoor clubs.

No matter that genre someone will hate it and another will love it.

Just take those old records off the shelf
    I'll sit and listen to 'em by m'self
    Today's music ain't got the same soul
    I like that old time rock and roll
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• keh!

No more parties taking over most of Hollywood. Just theme the old Millionaire building to a pre-1940s night club or something and have the music blare in there.

• Doombuggy Rider

Let's review how things started with how ElecTRONica was a success:

It started while TRON:Legacy was in theatres to help promote the theatrical release & it was so successful that the event continued long after the blu-ray / dvd release (too bad there's no liquor license for Disneyland, because you could've moved this event into Tomorrowland and it would've easily filled a night time niche complete with cocktails)

Let me state my problem with Mad T. Party:

"T" is drug slang for "Marijuana laced with Cocaine" (way to put the ghetto in DCA Team Disney Anaheim (rolls eyes), Alice would experience a "Tea" Party (TDA, you missed an opportunity to take advantage of a growing Steam Punk scene that would've embraced a Mad "Tea Party" atmosphere)

Alice in Wonderland was already out of the theatres and already released onto blu-ray / dvd when this event was started (why wasn't this event prepared to start as promotion while Alice was in theatres?). Talk about bad timing ...

now about OZ:

As much as I enjoyed The Great and Powerful Oz, there's already promotion taking place in Downtown Disney @ the Wonderground Gallery (if a new night time experience was meant to take place inside DCA? This should've been prepared to replace the Mad T. Party (gawd I hate that title) as promotion for OZ during it's theatrical release (how frickin' hard is it to get a show ready in time to replace an existing show, TDA?)

I'm amazed by the ignorance, but should I be surprised after every blunder TDA commits?

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12