View Poll Results: Oz Themed Nighttime Party?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

16 44.44%
  • No! Keep the Alice theme!

8 22.22%
  • No! It needs to have some other type of theme!

12 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Follow-up to Mad T Party: Oz?

So, seeing how Disney's Oz is looking to be the Company's next Alice (not so good reviews, movie pushed by visual graphics, and in a position to make a pretty buck for the company), I joked about an Oz-themed replacement to the Mad T Party (Electronic Emerald City or Poppy Field Party anyone? Haha). After the joke, I realized, that's not entirely a bad idea and is actually, in my opinion, a fun and even plussed change from the Mad T Party.

Oz has a lot of potential to really plus and continue the nighttime dance parties that, whether you like them or not, are not going anywhere, anytime soon. Keep the more secluded backlot set up and themed decorations and music acts of the T Party but retheme the whole event to Oz. To be honest, you could have decorations that are both classic and imaginative for Oz and, for me at least, an Oz theme kind of melds better with the classic Hollywood theming the rest of the land is striving to give off (whether it does or not is up for debate but the theme of Hollywoodland is supposed to be classic 1940s Hollywood). Just have a set up that looks classically Oz enough for daytime exposure and imaginative enough for nighttime fun!

Good thing is Oz doesn't even have to be a successful movie in order to work for the party (Tron and Alice both not complete success in their own right).

Thoughts on this? Yes? No? Any other ideas? Discuss!

• Minion

Re: Follow-up to Mad T Party: Oz?

If they are going to keep using movie themes I would want a Star Wars one!! Bring on the catina band!!!!

• Under that tree again!

Considering the MTP and Oz are very similiar in nature and styling, it may be a waste to bother with changing it out. I've been to Mad T Party a lot, and rarely listen to the band anymore. I like the DJs and more so enjoyed ElecTRONica with it's DJs.

It could be a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it situation". If they change it the similiar ozz, it could loose momentum rather than gain.

Of course ElecTRONica lasted a long time, and it was switched out for a newer movie with and actual Disney Resort tie in. Star Wars may be a better direction than movie only Oz.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Banned User

I dont know but I LOVE Mad T Party! It seem to have taken the best parts of GlowFest with the fun energy, modern songs and color everywhere with ElecTRONica which had fantastic themeing and a lot of mini activities around. Mad T Party took the best of those and added (which I was VERY cynical of at the time) a live band and man it works!

Of course they can do all of that for Oz lol. So I wouldnt be against it just as long as they keep it as multi-layered as Mad T Party is now. So sure I would be up for the idea but I do hope Mad T Party stays a little longer if they did replace it.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Where is the option in the poll for "Bring elecTRONica back"?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Are they planning to use these parties to promote their upcoming films? Does any of the budget come from Walt Disney Pictures, or is it all theme park expense? The answer to that might solve these questions, if so I'd expect Oz to have been in place by now.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

YES! A big yes! But it really should have been planned ahead of time and introduced now while the movie is out buttttttt it's okay if it comes this summer which I doubt even that will happen. Maybe an Oz Overlay that is "limited time magic" for summer. I expect Mad T Party to be around until Tron 2 comes out and that's when ElecTRONica will come back.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    If they are going to keep using movie themes I would want a Star Wars one!! Bring on the catina band!!!!
    ^this, totally.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Minion

I'm torn! I'd love for this to happen. There's tons of ideas that can be used. The entrance could be a tornado with one end being black and white and the other end colorful. A magice show to replace Who R U, each witch could have their own section of the party. I think it would be amazing, but I still want a Twilight Zone party, and Star Wars would be really cool as well...decisions decisions....

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Hopefully we'll get a fresh one every year or so.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Are they planning to use these parties to promote their upcoming films? Does any of the budget come from Walt Disney Pictures, or is it all theme park expense? The answer to that might solve these questions, if so I'd expect Oz to have been in place by now.
    I'm assuming its just the theme parks. If that was the case I doubt ElecTRONica wouldve went as long as it did and they would recycle the parties more.

• Under that tree again!

If they want to do a new one to promote a movie, it shouldn't be Oz which as mentioned is already in theaters.

The should close up MTP right as Spring Break slows. Then do one that fits the area, a pre party for the release of a coming film.

Monster's University Kegger!!!!!!!!!!
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

I think I like the sound of this idea!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Filmmaker

No more night time parties please. Let's instead focus on improving the theme of Hollywood Land and start by getting rid of gaudy decorations that clash horribly with the time period and look ugly during the day.

Thanks.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    No more night time parties please. Let's instead focus on improving the theme of Hollywood Land and start by getting rid of gaudy decorations that clash horribly with the time period and look ugly during the day.

Thanks.
    I second the motion.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast