• Minion

Animation Building additions/changes

I love the Animation Building, but i think there are some things that can be improved.

Lobby:

The Lobby would be modeled after a 1940's Theater with theme appropriate architectural design. The lobby would have one large center screen with red curtains draping on the side. Two smaller screens would be to the left, right, and back of guest. The existing animation montage would be kept the same. Signage to other areas of the building would be redone with 1930's and 40's font.

Sorcerer's Workshop:

The only thing i would change about this would be removing Beast's Library. I feel that this is the weakest area in the Sorcerer's Workshop in that it's kind of just a personality test. Replacing it would be Geppetto's Workshop. In this area Guest will be seated at separate station and will be able to create there own character on screen made to look like paper. They can use pre-existing bodies or draw their own. Once finished, the blue fairy would appear and bring the guest's character to life on their "paper"

Cheshire Chat:

This show would replace Turtle Talk with Crush. A new machine called the Vitamatron has been created which allows drawings to come to life and interact with people in the real world. The inventor of this machine has decided to use it on the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. The inventor would play a scene from Alice in Wonderland involving the Cheshire Cat, pause it, and turn on the Vitamatron which brings the Cheshire Cat to life. The Cheshire Cat then interacts with guest talking and making jokes.

Nightmare Before Christmas Zoetrope

I feel like this would be a more appropriate fit for the zoetrope, since it actually involves 3D models. The new Zoetrope would feature various characters from NBC.

How do you like these ideas? Feel free to post yours!

• Minion

Re: Animation Building additions/changes

Hello?

• Under that tree again!

My only comment is that the whole of Hollywood Land, including the Animation Building, needs to be touched up to majorly overhauled to get an old time period themeing.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Sorcerer's Workshop:

The only thing i would change about this would be removing Beast's Library. I feel that this is the weakest area in the Sorcerer's Workshop in that it's kind of just a personality test.
    That's going to be a hard sell; Beast's Library is easily the most consistently crowded of any area in Sorcerer's Workshop. You're Geppetto idea is a good one, but it'd still be a hard sell.

As for your other ideas, I think the building definitely needs a re-theme to be more period appropriate, and I agree, it should be done in a way that allows the montage to stay.

I'm personally rather fond of Turtle Talk, and I'd hate to see it go. And I think Nightmare Before Christmas is too seasonal to work for a permanent installation.

• a damsel not in distress

i like your ideas of making the building more time appropriate, but i love beast's library and would hate to see it go.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    My only comment is that the whole of Hollywood Land, including the Animation Building, needs to be touched up to majorly overhauled to get an old time period themeing.
    I think the reason Disney is not touching this building is because they might be planning on using it for a new attraction in the future...it's big enough for a D or E ticket ride since it's got an underground part too

For me, one thing I would like to have happen is in the lobby area, which is a whole montage of various Disney movies. When I first saw this one gallery at the Disney Family Museum, I thought it reminded me of the lobby at the Animation building. Here's a sample video of it:

They could make it something like that, with filmstrips, more sketches and so on.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Doombuggy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    I love the Animation Building, but i think there are some things that can be improved.

Lobby:

The Lobby would be modeled after a 1940's Theater with theme appropriate architectural design. The lobby would have one large center screen with red curtains draping on the side. Two smaller screens would be to the left, right, and back of guest. The existing animation montage would be kept the same. Signage to other areas of the building would be redone with 1930's and 40's font.

Sorcerer's Workshop:

The only thing i would change about this would be removing Beast's Library. I feel that this is the weakest area in the Sorcerer's Workshop in that it's kind of just a personality test. Replacing it would be Geppetto's Workshop. In this area Guest will be seated at separate station and will be able to create there own character on screen made to look like paper. They can use pre-existing bodies or draw their own. Once finished, the blue fairy would appear and bring the guest's character to life on their "paper"

Cheshire Chat:

This show would replace Turtle Talk with Crush. A new machine called the Vitamatron has been created which allows drawings to come to life and interact with people in the real world. The inventor of this machine has decided to use it on the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. The inventor would play a scene from Alice in Wonderland involving the Cheshire Cat, pause it, and turn on the Vitamatron which brings the Cheshire Cat to life. The Cheshire Cat then interacts with guest talking and making jokes.

Nightmare Before Christmas Zoetrope

I feel like this would be a more appropriate fit for the zoetrope, since it actually involves 3D models. The new Zoetrope would feature various characters from NBC.

How do you like these ideas? Feel free to post yours!

I'm Mc'Lovin' everything you suggested ..... "cohesive themes" is something that DCA needs all over the place

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Doombuggy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

I have to agree with you in that a "cohesive theme" throughout DCA means that buildings - well everything in general - needs to carry a theme just like Disneyland offers in each of its Sections .... if DCA's Buena Vista Street is supposed to be Los Angeles circa 1930s, then all of Hollywood Land needs to look more like the 1930s Hollywood Golden Era ...

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor