Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Diva Extrodinaire

Re: AVATAR Land at Disneyland

Not gonna lie, if DAK is getting Avatar, can Disney get Titanic to DHS?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Down Pluto!

Please No - No Avatar or Titanic at Disneyland. No.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

oh now this is funny, Avatar in Disneyland. I personally would love it but I get a kick out of those here against it. Avatar in a Disney park is not going to destroy anything. All it would do is offer something new and exciting and I will say it, REFRESHING, in the parks.

Avatar is a refreshing attraction on either coast park.

I will say though I just don't see Avatar ever coming to Disneyland or DCA. Maybe a meet and greet if that is even possible at the Animal Kingdom parks, I could see that brought to Tomorrowland.

I could also see Avatar references in the new Tomorrowland refurb for both parks that will hopefully be announced at D23. Tomorrowland is all about exploring and Avatar is definitely a place people want to explore, well maybe not those here on this board but millions, billions of other people around the world would explore it as they already have through the means of box office tickets.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    Watching that movie was like watching someone play a videogame for 3 hours. Looking back, does anyone really think it was a good movie?
    Oh it was a damn good movie. It's James freaking Cameron!!!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

I don't want to see anything relating to Avatar ever at Disneyland.

NO!

I understand there is no one theme for "tomorrow"land but not just because there isn't means anything not fitting elsewhere somehow has to be accommodated for TL. You can't fit one entire world in TL and in the case of Avatar, Pandora is just too big and different from...everything in the park even if it takes place in a further tomorrow.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

Avatar can stay in Florida! It would make more sense for it to stay there because Universal Orlando has the agreement rights to be the only park in Florida to have Marvel. I think Disney is dying to get Marvel into their parks and DLR is really the only place they can do it. Also Marvel is a larger franchise which will appeal to more people, and we all know the suits at the corporate office love that fact $$$$. So I see DLR getting anything Marvel or Star Wars before getting Avatar. Avatar is really WDW's knee jerk reaction to counter USO's Harry Potter expansion, they couldn't strike back with Marvel because of the previously mentioned licensing agreement in Florida. The talk of Avatarland has died down for WDW, maybe the purchase of Star Wars and the huge success of Carsland in DCA (Possible Clone for WDW) has them rethinking things at TDO?
    Last edited by DisneylandDragon; 03-10-2013 at 04:39 AM.

• Inappropriate

For the love of all things cute and furry, please no Avatarland ever. Hey, the movie LOOKED great, but man it was a crap ripped-off story! Also, Disney spends billions of dollars for Pixar, Marvel, and Lucas, and then use a franchise they DON'T own? I don't even... what?? Avatar: no. Just...no.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

I agree with above just No.

Avatar? No thank you - aside from the tremendous special effects? The story itself was nothing more imaginative than "Dances with Smurfs".........

I'm admittedly naive about the Mouse's money-grubbing and franchises and such, but I would hope for more creativity from Disney...

• Minion

I don't want Avatar in any park. If DIsney wanted to put an outside franchise into Animal Kingdom, they should have gone with Pokemon.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• DL College Program 97/98

No. Just... no.

• Queen Elsa

BTW People I was only teasing with the Titanic I don't want that either in the park as well as Avatar. I've never seen that movie and I never plan to see it. It just looks so dumb.

• Minion

I'm not sure why they would put in Avatar at DL when no one even really wants it at WDW. Maybe I didn't look in the right places, but the reception all around seemed pretty negative (lukewarm at best) about the purchase of the rights. It makes absolutely no sense. Sure the movie made money, it sold a bunch of IMAX and 3-D tickets--if Disney's strategy was to go with a movie a lot of people see, they could've gone with Gone With the Wind (the highest grossing film adjusted for inflation)...that's a bad strategy to follow, because profitability doesn't mean it's good.

I do think that the argument regarding Avatar's originality is a bit bogus though. First of all, all of Disney's first animated films were based off books or well-established fairy tales. Even Star Wars is largely based off Japanese stories and mythology. Avatar had very impressive visuals that would undoubtedly be amazing to see in a theme park. The problem is that even though the world of Pandora would make a cool backdrop for a ride, the characters of the film were so one-dimensional and even unlikeable that the ride would have nothing going for it besides the visual aspect. Disney rides should still be about stories and characters first. And Avatar doesn't offer endearing stories or characters. The only time I ever think about Avatar is when a topic about it comes up on these boards...it's just not Disney material.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I'm not sure why they would put in Avatar at DL when no one even really wants it at WDW.
    Exactly. Quoted for truth.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast