Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: AVATAR Land at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    In 2011, Disney make deal with Lighstorm Entertainment and Fox Filmed Entertainment to bring AVATAR to Disney Parks.

First, Will bring PANDORA: Word of AVATAR to Disney's Anima Kingdom.

But when a clone of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood; I think, will bring a clone of PANDORA: World of AVATAR to Disneyland Park, as Tomorrowland Sub-Land

http://images.wikia.com/disneyparksf...94/Pandora.png

AVATAR will fit for Tomorrowland.

Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage and Autopia will be demolish to make way for AVATAR land.
    I didn't really care for Avatar. I hated the planet with all those vicious creatures. Who'd want to go there? Avatar is not a good idea for any Disney park. Avatar is set in a fantasy future, not exactly Tomorrowland.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I am saying that Tom Staggs mentioned in December that the project was still a go and that ground will break in 2013, possibly late 2013 after D23 which would make them announcing their big Avatar plans at D23 make the most sense. I mean why say anything now, make big news announcing everything at D23.
    Because Skaggs mentions it - it is law. I'm sorry, but even for all the positive things Skaggs has done, I still view him as one of fast-buck hucksters that really doesn't care for the history, culture, or Disneyland Brand as long as he can turn a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    It's been said before, but it's worth repeating: Avatar just doesn't have any sort of significant shelf life. The movie is only a little more than three years old and who is still talking about it (other than Disney Parks fans, most of which are not saying postive things about it)? ...

Avatar was like a super nova. It burned really bright for a short period of time and then it was gone. That's not the type of investment that Disney should look towards for a permanent addition to their parks. Unlike Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or even Marvel, Avatar has no lasting cultural impact. ...

After all, Disney has a precedent of letting proposed projects quietly ride off into the night. Remember how Rocket Rods was totally going to be coming back better than ever?
    Only the die-hard Avatar fans are expressing any intertest. Sure there are some guests who will like whatever they do with it in the park, but I suspect these are ths same folks who love Six Flags because they have all kinds of stuff thrown together in a hodge-podge of rides. Quantity, not quality.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    This is one circumstance where I would like to see some leaks. If they are actually producing something worthwhile, it would behoove them to let some details out in order to develop some support for the project (if it deserves it). Maybe they are still concerned about it's viability.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They wouldn't be the only ones...
    As well they should be. It seems the only way to kill this is there is enough negative press.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandDragon View Post
    I would not put it past Disney to just buy the theme park rights for Avatar if only just to keep competitors from obtaining them.
    Which they passed on that opportunity with Harry Potter, and ...oops.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Unless you can control an industry, you can't stop competition like that. It would have to be something like Disney is the only operator of theme and amusment parks because they bought all the entertainment ideas.
    Tell it to Apple...

Seriously, this is just an all-around bad idea to build this. A day late and a hundred million poorly spent. I predict if they do build it - it will be in five to ten years just like Tom Sawyer's Island. No kids know who Tom Sawyer was, so they convert it over to a pirates theme because kids still know what pirates are.

An Avatarland will be Disneys Titanicland as management ignores the icebergs.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Wow... I mean I'm going to be at D23 and I'm pretty confident that Avatar will have some presence at the expo. I suspect plans will be announced and an actual date of when ground will break. I am actually enjoying everyone's far fetched hopeful rants and thoughts about how Avatar would be shelved, put away, forgotten...

I mean really. Avatar is coming. With or without people's support here. That's just going to happen. There's only about 4 months, plus some weeks before Avatar, along with the newly owned Star Wars will make their proper "introductions" into the world of Disney Parks.

I suspect James Cameron and George Lucas will make cameos at D23 EXPO. And if James does appear there I do hope people here who are SOOOO against Avatar actually stand up and tell James and Tom and whoever else is there at the presentations how you really feel about Avatar and how this will be problematic for the company itself. I can't wait for them to respond, hopefully all caught on video and posted on YouTube.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Filmmaker

I suspect James Cameron and George Lucas will make cameos at D23 EXPO.
    I know this is the furthest thing removed from the point of your post, but at this point I think that George Lucas is unlikely. If anyone from LucasFilm is going to be there it'll be Kathleen Kennedy and maybe J.J. Abrams.

George is done at this point. He's retired, and he has next-to-no involvement in the future of Star Wars from here on out.

• curiouser and curiouser

I suspect James Cameron and George Lucas will make cameos at D23 EXPO. And if James does appear there I do hope people here who are SOOOO against Avatar actually stand up and tell James and Tom and whoever else is there at the presentations how you really feel about Avatar and how this will be problematic for the company itself. I can't wait for them to respond, hopefully all caught on video and posted on YouTube.
    Ok, why the spitefulness though? Do you often wish for the public humiliation of people who's opinions differ from yours?

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by DLcub View Post
    Ok, why the spitefulness though? Do you often wish for the public humiliation of people who's opinions differ from yours?
    No... you're reading far too much into a simple string of words. I just feel people here should have the chance to tell these people to their faces, if possible, to have the people themselves involved in the project actually respond to someone who has such dislike and skewed views of a project that they may enjoy themselves once it is built and realized.

Just the fact that it is Avatar seems to make people "against" Disney. So why just type about it here, bring it up at D23. I've seen people at Comic-Con address the creators of plenty of films about anything and everything related to the project they are attending. Why is it so different for a fan here to voice their opinion against the Avatar plans at D23 event? I love to watch the videos from Comic con so I don't see how this type of Avatar theme park interaction would be any different.

Just stop, please stop reading into things too much 'cause you are blowing it out of awkward levels. It's awkward now.
    Micoofy Duck

In my opinion, AVATAR Land should just stick in AK and not be in Tomorrowland at DLR. It's a good idea but why clone another idea?

No... you're reading far too much into a simple string of words. I just feel people here should have the chance to tell these people to their faces, if possible, to have the people themselves involved in the project actually respond to someone who has such dislike and skewed views of a project that they may enjoy themselves once it is built and realized.

Just the fact that it is Avatar seems to make people "against" Disney. So why just type about it here, bring it up at D23. I've seen people at Comic-Con address the creators of plenty of films about anything and everything related to the project they are attending. Why is it so different for a fan here to voice their opinion against the Avatar plans at D23 event? I love to watch the videos from Comic con so I don't see how this type of Avatar theme park interaction would be any different.

Just stop, please stop reading into things too much 'cause you are blowing it out of awkward levels. It's awkward now.
    The awkwardness is all on you. I don't think my interpretation of what you wrote was nearly as far fetched as you're trying to make it out to be.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by DLcub View Post
    The awkwardness is all on you. I don't think my interpretation of what you wrote was nearly as far fetched as you're trying to make it out to be.
    I'm telling you this is all you. I'm actually done with responding with you now. It's really awkward. You DID take it to a different level and we're done.
    Micoofy Duck

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshW View Post
    In my opinion, AVATAR Land should just stick in AK and not be in Tomorrowland at DLR. It's a good idea but why clone another idea?
    Yeah I don't see Avatar coming to DL but I do see references possibly being added into the new rumored Tomorrowland. I would say maps and maybe planets on walls, Avatar or Navi references in videos or whatever they install in Tomorrowland.
    Micoofy Duck

I'm telling you this is all you. I'm actually done with responding with you now. It's really awkward. You DID take it to a different level and we're done.
    You don't have to respond to anything, but if you're going to be arrogant people will continue to point it out regardless of whether or not you feel that you are "done".

• Minion

Keep it in AK, don't even think about bringing it here to California, please.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• DL Vistor Since 1968

Keep it in AK, don't even think about bringing it here to California, please.
    Agreed 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by VintageMouse View Post
    Agreed 100%!
    bad idea forAK, worse idea for DL!

• Doombuggy Rider

Although I <3 AVATAR & felt the Film deserved every award it won? I think as a Land filled with Attractions & Rides it would be best suited for a Zoo and / or Wildlife Park - so if Disney's Animal Kingdom doesn't utilize the Avatar brand to their advantage? Then hand it over to Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay, because they will get an Avatar Land up & running faster then WDW gets around to doing routine maintenance (oh snap!) ....

Avatar involved "Conservation of Wildlife & Plantlife" - this is best suited for a Zoo / Wildlife Park where Conservation is drilled into Guests every single day ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast