Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: any time during summer that the park isn't crowded? also, did Innoventions close

We went last August 13 – 16. We were actually pleasantly surprised on the crowds. It really wasn’t too bad. Like others have said, summers are nice since the parks are open for the full hours and everything is running at peak capacity and are fully staffed (not to mention AP blackouts).
    We are like you; it was about 4 years since our previous visit and so we aren’t necessarily the most park-savvy people there are. We also wanted to see and do as much as possible in the 3 days we were there. Because of that, we opted to use a touring plan. We used RideMax and were very happy with the results. If for no other reason it gave us a plan of attack on which rides to do next. Best $15 we spend on the whole trip.
    As instructed by RideMax we got there early and took full advantage of lighter crowds in the morning and used fast passes to their fullest extent. We even had time to walk back to our across-the-street hotel for a nap/swim every afternoon.
    Bottom line is that we really liked visiting in the summer and will probably do it again in the future.

Re: any time during summer that the park isn't crowded? also, did Innoventions close

what is RideMax? that sounds interesting
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2014
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

"Mustard... Yes, but MUSTARD?! Don't let's be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by hadla View Post
    what is RideMax? that sounds interesting
    It's a compuer program. You say when you want to do things, attractions, shows, take breaks, and it tells you waht order to do them. It is flexible if you need a break at 12pm it works things around it. Using data about crowd patterns it works well to get you shorter waits and lots done in a day. However you do get stuck on a schedule. With newer apps with wait data, you can sort of get the same benefit without a schedule.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Through the exit, same as GAC's. When you get to the loading area, go right along the wall. It goes right and up some stairs across a bridge over the flume. Now on the loading side you go down some stairs and are next to the FP and SB queues.

I find this SR queue to be good or aweful as it doesn't get pulled from often, Splash doesn't load quickly or many passengers at once. The double seat in the back of the log may fit two of one guest. It can take a minute or over 15 to get on a log.
    Thx for the info. I will use it if/when I go during a busy time (like spring break). I am almost too embarrassed to admit that I had no idea there was a SRL. //blush//
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

That sounds cool, but I wouldn't want to be on a schedule! I do wish I had an iphone to use the park apps though.

I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

• Wished I lived closer!

We use Ridemax and LOVE IT! We only get to the parks every 3 years so we want to maximize our time while there. It really barely feels like you are on a schedule... We just put in the rides we want to go on for the day, what time we are going to show up, when we are going to leave and when we would like to take some breaks. Bam! Out pops our schedule and off we go. It actually leaves a lot of down time and it really does cut your time in line by a ton. It takes a lot of stress off especially when you have 5 kids (mine plus my sisters...) all wanting to go on something different. We just stick to the plan and there is no whining!

I do wish I had an iphone to use the park apps though.
    You can do it with any smart phone, not just iphone. I have an LG and have 3 apps: Mouse Wait, Disneyland Inside Out and Disney Parks.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Thx for the info. I will use it if/when I go during a busy time (like spring break). I am almost too embarrassed to admit that I had no idea there was a SRL. //blush//
    You are welcome. If you or anyone else is wondering, in this link is the list of Single Rider attractions.

Rides & Attractions | Disneyland Resort

If you don't know where to enter the SRL at those attractions, just ask a CM to point you where to go.

That sounds cool, but I wouldn't want to be on a schedule! I do wish I had an iphone to use the park apps though.
    Quote Originally Posted by joannaorange View Post
    We use Ridemax and LOVE IT! We only get to the parks every 3 years so we want to maximize our time while there.
    For something like Ridemax, its benefit depends on your situation. If you go rarely, or on a short trip or during a busy time, it's very helpful. If you go often, during a slow time like today, or on long 4+ day trips, it's easy to get in everything you want and not as valuable.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Parking Lot > DCA

If they aren't going to close Innoventions any time soon (and let's all face it, we'd like that sooner rather than later) could they at least update the floppy disk/old school mouse on the TV screens in the outside queue? Doesn't Microsoft still sponsor this attraction? Made me LOL.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Innoventions is staying on until at least the 60th. No other big project execpt My Magic+ on the slate.
    Best time to go during the summer. Weekdays. If you can be lucky to pick a week when it will be raining is the best. Going during the rain means there is no one in the park because us Socalerns are afarid of rain.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

lol thanks, if I knew weeks ahead of time when it would rain on a few days, I'd go then

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    If they aren't going to close Innoventions any time soon (and let's all face it, we'd like that sooner rather than later) could they at least update the floppy disk/old school mouse on the TV screens in the outside queue? Doesn't Microsoft still sponsor this attraction? Made me LOL.
    Yes, heard from a CM (Yes, they're not always reliable) that MS signed another contract. And even though GE no longer owns the Universal Parks (and the rest of NBCUniversal pretty soon) , don't get your hopes up that the Carousel of Progress will return to DL, or even be a sponser of the WDW version again, either. Sorry if that was off-topic...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12