Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

any time during summer that the park isn't crowded? also, did Innoventions close yet?

We are going in either July or August and I would love to pick a time that is slower than usual... also, if anyone could compare what it's like at spring break and what it's like in summer, which has more people? I know what it was like when we went there during Spring Break a few years ago, but haven't been in the summer for over 10 years.

Also, has Innoventions closed yet? I've never gone into it and would love to see it before they permanently close it.

What is the best time to get to the park (in order to be near the front when it starts) to use the Magic Morning?

Thanks in advance! I haven't been to Disneyland in 4 years and it has been 4 years too long! I can't wait!
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2014
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

"Mustard... Yes, but MUSTARD?! Don't let's be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

• Under that tree again!

Re: any time during summer that the park isn't crowded? also, did Innoventions close

Innoventions is still open in all its glory.

For Magic Mornings, Tuesday or Thursday rather than Saturday. Show up about 15 minutes before MM begins to make sure you are in the park during it, not wasting it outside the park. On other days at least 30 minutes early as the parks will open about 30 minutes early for Rope Drop.

The weekends in summer are busy but not bad. Avoid the first week of July with the 4th. The 3rd full week of August is probably best avoided, and the 4th final week of August is best but will have some attraction closures.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Re: any time during summer that the park isn't crowded? also, did Innoventions close

thanks, yeah, I wasn't going to do the week of the 4th... and it would be from a Monday to a Friday. I'm thinking maybe the 2nd or 3rd week of July... thanks for all your help! Does anyone happen to know when Innoventions will close?

I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

• Say Cheese!

When it rains.

• Minion

The crowd situation lifted a bit at DL last year due to Cars Land's opening and whether it carries over to this year remains to be seen, but it may not be so bad. As mentioned, the best thing you can do is get to the gate before opening each and every day. Maximize those early hours, "magic" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    The crowd situation lifted a bit at DL last year due to Cars Land's opening and whether it carries over to this year remains to be seen, but it may not be so bad. As mentioned, the best thing you can do is get to the gate before opening each and every day. Maximize those early hours, "magic" or not.
    This. Last summer was excellent. Very seldom did wait times top an hour and since tourists put up with even bigger waits at WDW, I think DLR is becoming very manageable. Dont believe too much of the "crowds omg the sky is falling!" It really isn't that bad.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

My favorite time of year at the Resort is Saturdays during Summer. Why? You've got: the Parks open for their maximum hours (8-12 DL, 8-11 DCA); the full entertainment roster; most all of the rides are open (there are few exceptions- like Thunder Mountain due to its lengthy refurbishment); and not a rain cloud to be seen anywhere! Plus, with Single Rider, Splash Mountain is the best to beat the heat!

thanks for all your help!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    My favorite time of year at the Resort is Saturdays during Summer. Why? You've got: the Parks open for their maximum hours (8-12 DL, 8-11 DCA); the full entertainment roster; most all of the rides are open (there are few exceptions- like Thunder Mountain due to its lengthy refurbishment); and not a rain cloud to be seen anywhere! Plus, with Single Rider, Splash Mountain is the best to beat the heat!
    You don't need to go on Saturday for that. It's like that all summer, max hours and max attractions open, everday from mid June to later in August.

Innoventions closing is only a rumor, 100% not official.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by hadla View Post
    Does anyone happen to know when Innoventions will close?
    When you see this happen:

Actually .... for a period - 2009/2010 ... rumors of Stark EXPO were abound ...... But through the grapevine ... some insiders are saying ... that project has quietly gone on hold .... and for all we know ... may never happen. And it's also rumored - Sponsors within Innoventions have been renewed to hold on for 2-3 more years.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.

• Artistic integrity

sorry - double post

Good to hear that Innoventions won't be closing. I had heard that rumour as well. It is such an immersive attraction.

• New Member Goes Forth

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    When you see this happen:

Actually .... for a period - 2009/2010 ... rumors of Stark EXPO were abound ...... But through the grapevine ... some insiders are saying ... that project has quietly gone on hold .... and for all we know ... may never happen. And it's also rumored - Sponsors within Innoventions have been renewed to hold on for 2-3 more years.
    That is so true. I nearly fell of my chair laughing!!!
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Wow. There's a SRL for Splash? Learn something new every day! Where is it? The only alternate line I see is for GAC. Do you line up with them? I'm soooo doing this the next time my party wusses out on me!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Wow. There's a SRL for Splash? Learn something new every day! Where is it? The only alternate line I see is for GAC. Do you line up with them? I'm soooo doing this the next time my party wusses out on me!
    Through the exit, same as GAC's. When you get to the loading area, go right along the wall. It goes right and up some stairs across a bridge over the flume. Now on the loading side you go down some stairs and are next to the FP and SB queues.

I find this SR queue to be good or aweful as it doesn't get pulled from often, Splash doesn't load quickly or many passengers at once. The double seat in the back of the log may fit two of one guest. It can take a minute or over 15 to get on a log.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 03-11-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast