Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Disneyland Interview Question

A big congrats!
    I am a teacher who is getting laid off and who wants to take a break from teaching. It has been a dream of mine since I was little to work at Disneyland, so I am going to try to apply When I go on the Disney Jobs site, all I see are jobs in custodial, housekeeping and surveys. Do they ever post jobs in attractions there?

Thanks and congrats to you again!

• Minion

Sounds like a good time to go for it, emitopher. If they're hiring people on the spot, into attractions, and giving them their choice of where they get assigned, they must really be needing people.
    I think attractions make themselves available periodically and I think it has a lot to do with being at the right place at the right time. Attractions might not be posted, but that doesn't mean there aren't availabilities there.
    When I hired into the park in 1983, it was obviously a lot different based on what I see about the process nowadays. I do know it was really tough to get a job there at that time. I don't think there was any hiring on the spot going on at that point. Of course, it was still under the old guard and had a good reputation as an employer. I think it still does to a certain degree, but back then, having Disneyland on your resume was huge. It was a sought after job and they pretty much had their pick of the litter. So this created a lot of competition for positions there.

• Minion

And good luck in your application process!
    Last edited by CASurfer65; 04-25-2013 at 09:09 PM.

• Minion

uhh. I applied for DL and im on the waiting list. i did both interviews already but the thing is that they dont hire right away. you have to wait after you pass ur interview.

I would love to apply, but there are no jobs listed in attractions and it doesn't look like you can apply for jobs that are not listed. I am just not sure attractions jobs are ever listed.

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    Sounds like a good time to go for it, emitopher. If they're hiring people on the spot, into attractions, and giving them their choice of where they get assigned, they must really be needing people.
    I think attractions make themselves available periodically and I think it has a lot to do with being at the right place at the right time. Attractions might not be posted, but that doesn't mean there aren't availabilities there.
    When I hired into the park in 1983, it was obviously a lot different based on what I see about the process nowadays. I do know it was really tough to get a job there at that time. I don't think there was any hiring on the spot going on at that point. Of course, it was still under the old guard and had a good reputation as an employer. I think it still does to a certain degree, but back then, having Disneyland on your resume was huge. It was a sought after job and they pretty much had their pick of the litter. So this created a lot of competition for positions there.

Which land/attraction did you choose?

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Former Churro Jockey

It might not be as bad now, but when I worked there you could count on one or two people just in our department quitting every single day, so I'd say don't wait for a job to open up on the website, because if there's only one or two openings, they may not even bother putting it on the website. They may just call over to human resources and ask them to start sending them people to interview.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Minion

you apply for 1 top role with 2 other roles.
    when i went in the top role was already filled so I had to pick the other 2 roles.

here's the process. 1. fill out an application. 2. Online personality test. 3. in person interview. 4. wait on the waiting list.
    i got interviewed at DL in March and im supposed to work in june? I think. that's when the summer season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by emitopher View Post
    I would love to apply, but there are no jobs listed in attractions and it doesn't look like you can apply for jobs that are not listed. I am just not sure attractions jobs are ever listed.
    Just because attractions isn't listed, doesn't mean you can't apply! I applied for attractions even though it wasn't listed, and I got hired into it on the spot during my interview. Plus, remember once you apply, your application stays active for 6 months. They might not need you now, but in a couple months they might! It took me four months just to get the web based interview. So don't give up, and if attractions is what you wanna do, then go for it.

Hey guys, I saw some of you wanted an update. I've been trained for Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room. Jungle Cruise is amazingly fun to work! And because someone asked yes they did have attractions on the website for open positions when I applied back in December but it is not up there right now. Also they won't always put you on the waiting list, I was never put on a waiting list and was hired on the spot, but I think that might depend on what department you are applying for, it seems like most people who I talked to who were hired into attractions had one interview and were not put on a waiting list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12