Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland Interview Question

Hello everyone! So I applied for attractions at Disneyland back in December, I finally got an email back and after doing the personality test I got an email saying to set up my interview. I set it for Wednesday and I could not be more excited. My dad is telling me to wear a suit which I am totally okay with, but a lot of things I've seen online say to just wear a shirt with a tie. Do you guys think I should go with the suit? Will it help my chances and make me stand out in a good way, or do you think I might look like I'm overdoing it?

• Selfie Expert

Re: Disneyland Interview Question

Personally, I think the more professionally dressed the better when it comes to interviews.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by brandond6 View Post
    Hello everyone! So I applied for attractions at Disneyland back in December, I finally got an email back and after doing the personality test I got an email saying to set up my interview. I set it for Wednesday and I could not be more excited. My dad is telling me to wear a suit which I am totally okay with, but a lot of things I've seen online say to just wear a shirt with a tie. Do you guys think I should go with the suit? Will it help my chances and make me stand out in a good way, or do you think I might look like I'm overdoing it?
    Dont over do it. Trim the sides of your hair and make sure to comb it. Part of the disney look. Wear a dress shirt with a tie. Make sure it is perfectly ironed and there are no wrinkles. Wear a belt and dress shoes. That is enough to pass the look part of the interview. Hair is a huge part. They will tell you if your hair needs to be cut and they will take note of it on your application. There will be a ton of people there as well and youll see many people in jeans, t shirts. Those people wont get the job and you will. Just be confident and answer the questions truely. Remember, as a new cast member, some days youll get 1 day for 4 hours. Make sure you can support yourself. Once you get seniority, the hours will eventually come as well and then youll start praying for those 1 day a week 4 hour shifts.

Prepare to answer questions such as: Why do you wanna work at Disney? As an attraction cast member, how do you feel being in control of the guests safety? And the classic question: Why should we hire you?

anyways, GL man. Im sure youll get it if you truely want it. It is close to summer where Disney hires tons of new CMs

Quote Originally Posted by dreamrod View Post
    Dont over do it. Trim the sides of your hair and make sure to comb it. Part of the disney look. Wear a dress shirt with a tie. Make sure it is perfectly ironed and there are no wrinkles. Wear a belt and dress shoes. That is enough to pass the look part of the interview. Hair is a huge part. They will tell you if your hair needs to be cut and they will take note of it on your application. There will be a ton of people there as well and youll see many people in jeans, t shirts. Those people wont get the job and you will. Just be confident and answer the questions truely. Remember, as a new cast member, some days youll get 1 day for 4 hours. Make sure you can support yourself. Once you get seniority, the hours will eventually come as well and then youll start praying for those 1 day a week 4 hour shifts.

Prepare to answer questions such as: Why do you wanna work at Disney? As an attraction cast member, how do you feel being in control of the guests safety? And the classic question: Why should we hire you?

anyways, GL man. Im sure youll get it if you truely want it. It is close to summer where Disney hires tons of new CMs
    Hey thanks for the tips! I'll keep those in mind! That's good for me as I am working another job right now as well, wish me luck!

• Blew By You

Someother common sense things to do:
    Get a good sleep before your interview.
    Eat a good dinner the night before and a good breakfast the day of your interview. A growling stomach isn't professional.
    Check your clothes a couple of days before the interview. You may discover a missing button or a slight rip and that extra time you have can repair the damage.
    Be careful when you shave the day of the interview.
    Arrive to your interview earlier that when it says. Leave earlier too (traffic can change in an instant).
    Bring you identification card. Leave everything else at home.
    Relax and smile during the interview.

Just a quick update, had the interview today (went with the suit haha). Got hired on the spot into attractions! I even got to choose what park and what land I wanted to work in! I am so happy! Thanks for the help guys!

• Evil is Sexy

Congratulations! I'm sure many of us will see you there.
    (I'm the crazy lady with the "sunset" colored hair.)
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Foolish Mortal

Congrats Brandon, that is awesome! It is also really cool that you were able to select where you wanted to work! Looking forward to more updates from ya.

Thanks guys! I'll keep you posted

What attraction did you end up getting?

I too have an interview for attractions. I was once a CPer in 2012 at WDW and loved it. I was attractions (Star Tours). I applied about a week ago and within ten hours I was setting up an in person interview. My interview is the 16 and naturally I am nervous. What should I prepare for? Do you think they're going to bring up my recent Disney experience?

• i believe in faeries.

congrats! how exciting!

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bighairclair View Post
    What attraction did you end up getting?

I too have an interview for attractions. I was once a CPer in 2012 at WDW and loved it. I was attractions (Star Tours). I applied about a week ago and within ten hours I was setting up an in person interview. My interview is the 16 and naturally I am nervous. What should I prepare for? Do you think they're going to bring up my recent Disney experience?
    I'd imagine that your experience with Disney is what prompted them to reach out to you so quickly. If you left your last job with them on good terms, I can't imagine them not re-hiring you. Generally, the more experience you have in the field you are applying for, the better your chances are of being a solid candidate for the position. Keep us posted, good luck!

• The Pumpkin King

Congrats

• Former Churro Jockey

Congrats man! I could pretty much tell you'd be hired just by your post. For anyone else, really the primary thing that they look for is enthusiasm, which you clearly already have. Anything else they figure they can train you on. The only exception is if you are very unprofessional in your interview like you answer your cell phone in the middle of the interview or dress like you're wearing the same clothes that you wore to bed. A button down shirt with a collar probably would have been fine, but a shirt and tie does let them know that you seriously want this job. A suit is unnecessary for an entry-level cast member position, but I guess it can't hurt.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast