Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Berm Buster

Re: Annual Pass cards

It also doesn't say if you have a Parking Pass or not.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by ledfrog View Post
    Is the front image still the same?
    Yes the front image is still the same with Donald, Mickey, and Goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Mole View Post
    It also doesn't say if you have a Parking Pass or not.
    The CM who renewed mine told me they can tell just by scanning the pass now.

Quote Originally Posted by ledfrog View Post
    Is the front image still the same?
    That is the front. The side with the information that Cast Members need to see.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    That is the front. The side with the information that Cast Members need to see.
    One could argue that the front is where the image of Mickey, Donald and Goofy are.

But that's not the side with the information, the side that Cast Members need to see. When a Cast Member asks you for your Annual Passport, please, for the love of all things good, have the information side up. If John can't distinguish his pass from Jane's or Junior's from looking at the side with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, why does he hand the Cast Member the pass with that side up and expect them to?

• Parking Lot > DCA

But that's not the side with the information, the side that Cast Members need to see. When a Cast Member asks you for your Annual Passport, please, for the love of all things good, have the information side up. If John can't distinguish his pass from Jane's or Junior's from looking at the side with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, why does he hand the Cast Member the pass with that side up and expect them to?
    Let's say John, Jane, and Junior all hand their passes to the CM at the front gate, or anywhere in the park Mickey side up. How hard is it (I'll answer now. Not very.) to flip the pass over when they scan it? It's one wrist motion..

Let's say Jane is making a purchase. She has the passes Mickey side up. She flips them over, looks at the passes, determines which one is hers, flips it back over and hands it to the Cast Member Mickey side up. Why? It's discourteous. She clearly can't tell which pass is hers when it's Mickey side up. Why does she expect the Cast Member to?

Or, she puts the pass on the counter, Mickey side up, at the beginning of the transaction. The Cast Member flips it over in preparation for the end of the transaction, and scans the merchandise. During this time, she flips the pass back to being Mickey side up. Why? (Yes, I've seen this happen.)

Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    It's one wrist motion..
    One wrist motion, over and over again = repetitive stress.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Let's say Jane is making a purchase. She has the passes Mickey side up. She flips them over, looks at the passes, determines which one is hers, flips it back over and hands it to the Cast Member Mickey side up. Why? It's discourteous. She clearly can't tell which pass is hers when it's Mickey side up. Why does she expect the Cast Member to?

Or, she puts the pass on the counter, Mickey side up, at the beginning of the transaction. The Cast Member flips it over in preparation for the end of the transaction, and scans the merchandise. During this time, she flips the pass back to being Mickey side up. Why? (Yes, I've seen this happen.)
    But is it really that big of an issue? Aren't there worse things to deal with as a CM?

Also...

One wrist motion, over and over again = repetitive stress.
    Repetitive stress?

But is it really that big of an issue? Aren't there worse things to deal with as a CM?
    Are you going to answer my question, or continue to dodge it? The second example I gave is someone intentionally making the transaction more difficult, yet it happens often enough for me to notice that people do it. The first happens a majority of the time a family has multiple passes.

Repetitive stress?
    Repetitive strain injury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of all the things to argue about...
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Are you going to answer my question, or continue to dodge it? The second example I gave is someone intentionally making the transaction more difficult, yet it happens often enough for me to notice that people do it. The first happens a majority of the time a family has multiple passes.
    I'm not dodging anything. Your posts are making it seem like diabolical guests are coming into the park to make the CM's lives difficult.

Let's say John and Jane (and little Junior, too) drove here from another state and have spent hundreds on a trip to the Resort. Two days into their trip and they are beat tired - because let's face it having a little one/spending a weekend at the parks is tiring for anyone. They are eating at the Plaza Inn, and have AP's. As they are checking out, John tosses down an AP to get the discount on their meal. It's Mickey side up. Do you think that they are doing this to cause stress to the CM at the checkout counter?

Look I'm not saying that it doesn't happen intentionally. I have no way of disproving or proving that. But I do feel like 99.7% of guests with AP's do it by accident, or just don't think it's that big of a deal..

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    Interesting. I remember Al saying some time ago that TDA was looking into doing away with APs in favor of doing memberships. So you only pay the months that you go. Sounds like this is a step in that direction. Could be a cost cutting factor too, saving money on printing those AP cards.
    Do you know which Al Lutz article that is? I'd like to read it.
    Harlan Ellison

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Where did you find this? I love it!
    Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    Where did you find this? I love it!
    Smiley menu -> More -> scroll to "\:rant\:"

I'm not dodging anything.
    You still haven't answered my question.

Look I'm not saying that it doesn't happen intentionally. I have no way of disproving or proving that. But I do feel like 99.7% of guests with AP's do it by accident, or just don't think it's that big of a deal..
    Enough people fail to comply with my request when I say "I'm going to need your pass and ID, both name side up" (after being asked "Do I get a discount with my pass?") and with the Main Entrance Ticket Takers who ask that the crowd have their hand stamps and tickets ready, barcode side up, that I think your percentage is way way off.

Let's say Jane keeps the Doe family's passes in her wallet. She keeps them Mickey side up. Look, I get it, if it's barcode/name side up, all that shows out of most wallets is the mag-stripe, and a lot of different cards look like that on the mag-stripe side. Most people put their ID and their credit cards in their wallet with the name side up, and when they lay these items on the counter, they're name side up. These cards don't need to be flipped to determine who they belong to, and go straight out of the wallet and onto the counter-top. Why waste the effort to flip the pass back over when it had to be flipped to determine which card was the correct one? Whether or not it's malicious, it's clearly intentional. And back when the only pass level to get discounts was the Premium, when people asked "Do I get a discount with my pass?", the percentage of non-Premium passes shown to me art side up was larger than the percentage of Premium passes shown to me art side up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast