Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Annual Pass cards

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    You still haven't answered my question.

Enough people fail to comply with my request when I say "I'm going to need your pass and ID, both name side up" (after being asked "Do I get a discount with my pass?") and with the Main Entrance Ticket Takers who ask that the crowd have their hand stamps and tickets ready, barcode side up, that I think your percentage is way way off.

Let's say Jane keeps the Doe family's passes in her wallet. She keeps them Mickey side up. Look, I get it, if it's barcode/name side up, all that shows out of most wallets is the mag-stripe, and a lot of different cards look like that on the mag-stripe side. Most people put their ID and their credit cards in their wallet with the name side up, and when they lay these items on the counter, they're name side up. These cards don't need to be flipped to determine who they belong to, and go straight out of the wallet and onto the counter-top. Why waste the effort to flip the pass back over when it had to be flipped to determine which card was the correct one? Whether or not it's malicious, it's clearly intentional. And back when the only pass level to get discounts was the Premium, when people asked "Do I get a discount with my pass?", the percentage of non-Premium passes shown to me art side up was larger than the percentage of Premium passes shown to me art side up.
    I am not sure if I'm getting trolled at this point or not, but if so you won. If not, there are bigger fish to fry I think..

I just got my new card in the mail and it has an expiration date on it and a big "P".

no Disney "D" in sight.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by gary94080 View Post
    I just got my new card in the mail and it has an expiration date on it and a big "P".

no Disney "D" in sight.
    The Premium is the only pass that has the "D" on it.

• Banned User

Enough people fail to comply with my request when I say "I'm going to need your pass and ID, both name side up"
    What on earth...?
    In all the times I've been to Disneyland I have never had a CM specifically request this.
    I mean... I can't even... what?

• Evil is Sexy

I always try to show my pass and photo ID with the proper identifying information face up. It just makes the whole transaction easier all around. But, then again, I've worked retail and cashiering jobs. I know what they go through.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    What on earth...?
    In all the times I've been to Disneyland I have never had a CM specifically request this.
    Ditto. I've never heard that in all the years I've been going to the park.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Enough people fail to comply with my request when I say "I'm going to need your pass and ID, both name side up"
    I just want to say, I have a defense!

I've got a Premier pass. There's no big D or P on the back. If I give it art side down, I commonly get the deluxe discount and then have to correct the CM. I've been trying an approach where I show the art side, but as I hand it to them, I flip it over. Seems to be a best of both worlds scenario.
    -Monorail Man

Quote Originally Posted by gary94080 View Post

no Disney "D" in sight.
    That's the old-style card. It looks like they're doing a soft phase-in and not a hard switch.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    What on earth...?
    It happened to me once too...they scanned my card and said that's not you...so I showed them my ID and they were like..you should get that updated

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    It happened to me once too...they scanned my card and said that's not you...so I showed them my ID and they were like..you should get that updated
    I think Olivia was referring to the "please show it to me face side up" request rather than "show me your ID". Having to show ID is not uncommon, but I have never had anyone specify that I absolutely needed to hand it to them face side up.

• -

But that's not the side with the information, the side that Cast Members need to see. When a Cast Member asks you for your Annual Passport, please, for the love of all things good, have the information side up. If John can't distinguish his pass from Jane's or Junior's from looking at the side with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, why does he hand the Cast Member the pass with that side up and expect them to?
    I just put my stuff on the counter without paying attention to what side of the card is up. If the side that they need happens to be up, then great. If not, the worker knows what side they need, they are free to pick it up and turn it to whatever side interests them. Really, why should the paying customer have to worry about it?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

I think we might need to take a step back and realize that no matter what side you give your pass to the CM, it takes all of a half-second to turn it over.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I think we might need to take a step back and realize that no matter what side you give your pass to the CM, it takes all of a half-second to turn it over.
    You'd think..

• Sshhh, being very quiet

This was a great laugh and I can guarantee that I will think of this thread, as I'm showing my AP to any cast member.

• DL College Program 97/98

That would crack me up if they demanded I present my ID face up to them so they didn't have to flip it. I suppose I would probably do something similar in return, like demand they present my change in proper bank-faced ascending denominations spread out on the counter for visibility before I accept it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast