Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Future Indy Castmember

Annual Pass cards

Did a search and didn't see anyone talking about the new AP cards.

I renewed my annual pass yesterday and noticed my new card is different. The CM at Guest Services went into detail:

1. The new cards no longer have the expiration date on them.

2. The cards don't have the type on it (ex. Deluxe printed on it)

3. The Disney "D" indicates to the cashier at stores and restaurants that the passholder is a premium passholder and should apply the premium AP discount.

In addition, when you renew your AP, the new card DOES NOT activate until the day after your old AP card expires so depending on when you renew it, you'll still use your old card until the day after your expiration date. Also, the new card stays with you since they'll no longer issue new cards to renewals (the exception is if your card wears out.) next time you renew, you'll still have the card.

If this was posted before, I apologize and the mods can merge this to the appropriate thread.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Re: Annual Pass cards

Interesting. I remember Al saying some time ago that TDA was looking into doing away with APs in favor of doing memberships. So you only pay the months that you go. Sounds like this is a step in that direction. Could be a cost cutting factor too, saving money on printing those AP cards.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    Interesting. I remember Al saying some time ago that TDA was looking into doing away with APs in favor of doing memberships. So you only pay the months that you go. Sounds like this is a step in that direction. Could be a cost cutting factor too, saving money on printing those AP cards.
    Yeah. I remembered Al talking about it. When I got the new card, I remembered the Al Lutz article that talked about it.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post

Not at AP, but I'm 'confoozled', as Pooh might say. Pay for the months that you go? How would that work? I could get an AP at no cost upfront, and only pay for months I actually use it? I would pay for a 3-, 6-, 9-month AP? Or I would pay a small fee for an AP, then I would pay a much reduced entry fee when I visit? I unfortunately visit infrequently enough now that an AP doesn't benefit me under the current rules, but a 'pay per visit' AP might change that scenario for me, depending on how it works, of course.

I can't see any 'pay as you go' that would benefit Disney because I would think it could dramatically increase the number of pass holders, thereby decreasing the number of full admissions prices being paid. Of course, I expect that TDA has a scenario in mind that would benefit them, otherwise they won't offer it as an option, right?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

It is simply thier way of saving cost on printing new ap's each year. My fiancée got hers renewed in January and that is what they told us. I personally like getting a new one each year for a new design
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    3. The Disney "D" indicates to the cashier at stores and restaurants that the passholder is a premium passholder and should apply the premium AP discount.
    so I guess that you would get a new card if you upgrade to premium or downgrade from premium when you renew in the future.

• Minion

Well if I have to keep the same pass forever, do they at least let you choose from different designs for a change? If not, I hope it's not still the same Mickey/Donald/Goofy thing that they've been using for the past three years. I miss having Sleeping Beauty Castle on my pass.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

how much would it be a month then? because it was easier yearly.. and will it be extra to add discounts to the card?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    how much would it be a month then? because it was easier yearly.. and will it be extra to add discounts to the card?
    For monthly payments, it depends on what type of pass you got. Premium is around $52 a month for example. You still have the option of paying the whole price of the AP. The discount perks still remains for all AP types. The D on my pass lets the cashier know that I'm a Premium AP holder so that they can apply the proper discount.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• -

I hope they keep the Premier Pass the same. I like that it looks different from the other passes. Different makes me feel special.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Selfie Expert

This is my first year having an AP, but I was kind of hoping for a new design each year because I have a major issue with collecting things. I guess that's one less temptation!! Haha

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Yeah we got these new passes back in December, when I think they may have been brand new, many of the cast members were confused when they looked at them because they didn't have the AP level on them, which caused us to lose the proper premium discount a few times. Hopefully they have gotten better at this with time. And yes unfortunately it is the same mickey, goofy, and donald design that it has been for a while... I was hoping for something different

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    For monthly payments, it depends on what type of pass you got. Premium is around $52 a month for example. You still have the option of paying the whole price of the AP. The discount perks still remains for all AP types. The D on my pass lets the cashier know that I'm a Premium AP holder so that they can apply the proper discount.
    thanks for the info

• Parking Lot > DCA

I just renewed mine a week or so ago, and the CM explained the same information to me. Here is what the "D" on the Premium passes looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I just renewed mine a week or so ago, and the CM explained the same information to me. Here is what the "D" on the Premium passes looks like.
    Is the front image still the same?
    Last edited by ledfrog; 03-11-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Added reply with quote.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast