Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Observer

Re: So I found out what happens when the yellow line is crossed while the tram is mov

I think thats a great idea. Do what USO does.. A large covered moving walkway from Mickey and friends to espn zone.,and then have guest walk to the esplanade. Enter through the mall , exit through the mall lol. Makes the stores profit better and cuts the cost of paying for transportation and there cms

Perris... sounds like Paris but without the wild parties

Re: So I found out what happens when the yellow line is crossed while the tram is mov

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    LOL. My husband is very vocal about rudeness and stupidity. Recently, we were walking in Adventureland with the flow of the crowd when two groups of young adults (going opposite directions) recognized each other and stopped dead in the middle of the avenue to "catch-up." This caused immediate blockage for both ways of traffic. My husband spoke quite loudly "Move to the side, morons." He was ignored, but one of the guests beside us said very quietly to him "I was just thinking that."
    If it was my dad he would just run them over with the scooter. simple and to the point.
    Nemo's not in slumberland anymore!

It is funny that people think it is just a mere ceremonial announcement when they say "hands inside the ride" or "stand behind the yellow line". This is how Disney gets sued. They do everything in their power to ensure people are safe and then when someone voluntarily breaks those rules and gets seriously hurt the onus all of the sudden is NOT on that person.

It reminds me of a time at Epcot in 1995. My mom and I got on the boat on Maelstrom. Simple common sense suggests the boat is going to start moving any second. There was a middle aged couple sitting in front of us. For whatever reason the husband steps off the boat and gets off without saying anything to the wife. I don't understand it, they had just waited in line like us. Well, the wife sees this, looks perplexed and then does the same thing. As she is stepping off the boat and onto the platform the boat starts and her leg nearly falls through the gap. Typcially, she lashes out at the attendant of the ride. As a 15 year old I knew the woman was dead wrong to walk off a soon-to-be moving ride.

Not exactly a tram story, but I got into a little hot water crossing lines this week. I was trying to get a picture of the old skyway structure, and I stepped behind a food cart to get it. I thought this was ok since people walk around those carts all day anyway. I did not pass the chain over the steps because thats an obvious boundary. I took my picture & got corrected by a very grouchy CM. I was so embarassed! I stepped back and apologized profusely to this girl, but she wouldnt even acknowledge me after her reprimand. She must have been having a bad day. I dont feel her response was necessary, but I definitely learned a lesson about boundary lines.

• Doombuggy Rider

What a tool ! Those directions for the Disneyland Trams are something your average 5 year old could comprehend and obey .... I'm just glad nobody was hurt (does one truly have to be injured to learn their lesson? I hope not!) ... Anyhow, B2D , I hope your Wife <3 's her Gift ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• A Weather Eye Open

Why are stories about idiots so entertaining?
    I love reading the Darwin Awards, haha.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious1 View Post
    i would have done the "Nelson laugh" from the Simpsons!! HA HA!!!
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Since we are going down that road, CM's would mean belonging to one cast member. CMs' would be belonging to multiple cast members.
    And cms would be CMs' children in training.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
    It is funny that people think it is just a mere ceremonial announcement when they say "hands inside the ride" or "stand behind the yellow line". This is how Disney gets sued. They do everything in their power to ensure people are safe and then when someone voluntarily breaks those rules and gets seriously hurt the onus all of the sudden is NOT on that person.
    The last time I was at WDW, I sat on the steam train behind a family who ignored the announcement to put small children in the middle of the seat instead of on the end. They then proceeded to argue amongst themselves about something while their preschool daughter dangled her arms and legs out of the side of the train all the way from Main Street to Frontierland. I was poised on the edge of my seat ready to leap up and grab her if anything happened; I feel like I didn't breathe the whole way.

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    I got her one of those Black and Yellow Star Wars 77 shirts from Star Trader. She'll get it on her b-day in April.
    OMG, that is my favorite shirt (on a woman) of all time. I've found myself instantly infatuated with any woman I see wearing one

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Mouseketeer

Honestly, I'm always afraid I'll inadvertently do something like this. Outside of the tram (and sometime on board) it is very difficult to make out what the CM is saying. It all sounds like an adult in a Peanuts cartoon to me. If they could patch the mics into some speakers around the load area, I think the announcements to stay behind the yellow line would have more effect. Maybe a redlight/greenlight to show when to attempt to board or not. You might say this is all overkill and just listen to the CMs, but the current system is not perfect and there are not enough attentive CMs controlling the situation.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by Semiquaver View Post
    Honestly, I'm always afraid I'll inadvertently do something like this. Outside of the tram (and sometime on board) it is very difficult to make out what the CM is saying. It all sounds like an adult in a Peanuts cartoon to me. If they could patch the mics into some speakers around the load area, I think the announcements to stay behind the yellow line would have more effect. Maybe a redlight/greenlight to show when to attempt to board or not. You might say this is all overkill and just listen to the CMs, but the current system is not perfect and there are not enough attentive CMs controlling the situation.
    Actually I agree with this. It is a bit hard to hear the CMs sometimes from the tram speakers if you're not on the tram.

• Observer

If I fould hear the tram cm half a trams lenght from said tram... average guest should be able to understand directly in front of the thing. No more excuses as to why people dont fallow rules. Plain and simple, they,arnt paying attention or dont really give a flying duck

• I'm from Canada eh!

Not to advocate what this guy did, but I can see why some people will think that they can simply jump on a tram when it has just started moving...

Granted, Disneyland is not the place to be testing the boundaries of common sense given the liabilities and all, but some "safety measures" are a kin to "baby proofing" IMO.

I also feel that if you are going to treat people like mindless herds, they will start acting like it. Things like Traffic signals and walk signs are extremely important tools for people to use in order to navigate the streets, but they should not be solely relied on to cross the street. Again, when if have signs telling what to do on a daily basis, we loose the common sense to question weather or not it is a sound choice. For example, the light is red so I will stop and wait for it to turn Green. However, if it is the middle of the night and there is no one else around? Is it ok to still proceed through on the red light? Sure the light is red, but common sense should dictate that it is ok to proceed…

• Observer

The light saids red.. The u should wait... Patients, rules say stop and wait for green, u stop a wait for green simple

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast