Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Red Face So I found out what happens when the yellow line is crossed while the tram is moving.

I made a quick run to the park today to pick up a gift for my wife's birthday (shhhh!!) and I'm waiting for the tram to go into the park. The tram that's already there is loaded up and has stopped their boarding, and they get the all clear to go. JUST as the tram starts inching forward, a tall middle-aged man just sort of run-jumps into the car. He didn't hop the door or anything, but he just kinda step-open-slipped in on one fluid motion.

The tram attendant CM at the back goes. "DRIVER STOP!! No, no, no, no, no!!!" The boarding CM's start converging on the guy, and he just slinks down into his seat with this, "Uh oh, I think they saw me," look on his face. He didn't appear to be sitting with a larger group - looked like he was by himself. The CM's just came up to the car and opened the door, and invited the man off the car and back behind the line. After a quick safety check, the tram gets rolling again, and I see the two boardings CMs talking to the guy with their hands firmly clasped behind their backs.

I wasn't close enough to hear what was said, but he got on the next tram without incident.

So yeah... guy kind of embarrassed himself and spooked a few CMs because he couldn't wait 30 seconds. Now ya know.

• New Member Goes Forth

Re: So I found out what happens when the yellow line is crossed while the tram is mov

Very embarrising story for the guy. Thanks for sharing. On another topic, does your wife like her gift...
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• The doctor is in

Re: So I found out what happens when the yellow line is crossed while the tram is mov

How embarrassing for you, random guy. I would have laughed at him.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I've seen that happen before, except the situation was someone crossed the cross walk after the CM"s had asked us all to please not cross.

The driver of the oncoming tram stopped the tram, got out and reprimanded the person crossing. Everyone saw....I applauded.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Very embarrising story for the guy. Thanks for sharing. On another topic, does your wife like her gift...
    This! And what did you get her?!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sock Puppet

yeah when they say don't cross the yellow line, that mean don't cross the yellow line. that poor guy couldn't been hurt! i wanna know too. did she like her gift?

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    I made a quick run to the park today to pick up a gift for my wife's birthday (shhhh!!) and I'm waiting for the tram to go into the park. The tram that's already there is loaded up and has stopped their boarding, and they get the all clear to go. JUST as the tram starts inching forward, a tall middle-aged man just sort of run-jumps into the car. He didn't hop the door or anything, but he just kinda step-open-slipped in on one fluid motion.

The tram attendant CM at the back goes. "DRIVER STOP!! No, no, no, no, no!!!" The boarding CM's start converging on the guy, ...
    .... pulling out their billy clubs as they rushed him. After a short scuffle, the CM's carried him off towards the basement of the parking garage. We never saw the-line-skipping-man again....

There I made your story more awesomer.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    .... pulling out their billy clubs as they rushed him. After a short scuffle, the CM's carried him off towards the basement of the parking garage kitchen at Bengal BBQ. We never saw the-line-skipping-man again....

There I made your story more awesomer.
    And I just improved yours.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I got her one of those Black and Yellow Star Wars 77 shirts from Star Trader. She'll get it on her b-day in April.

i would have done the "Nelson laugh" from the Simpsons!! HA HA!!!
    Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I've seen something very similar last year too! It was a slow day and the trams were pretty empty. But because no one else was boarding, the tram was going to leave with just the people it had. The CMs said his usual spiel that there will be no more boarding to the guests waiting for the next tram and gave his signal to the driver that it was all clear. But then, a mother and her child (plus a stroller) arrives at the tram stop, stops for a second behind the yellow line, sees the tram RIGHT about to leave, and then decides to try to board the tram before it takes off. While this was all happening, the CM was yelling in his microphone that there is no more boarding but the mother either did not hear him or chose to ignore him because she got her child into the tram and tried to stuff her stroller too. But the tram started to move, and because she was unsuccessful in trying to get her stroller into the tram and herself, she tried to get her child off the tram while it was moving! The CM had to yell at the driver to stop so they could get the mother and her child safely away from the tram. It was a huge mess and it was amazing how she slipped by all of the CMs stationed at the waiting area (mostly because all of them were talking to each other and not paying attention). I had no idea what that mother was thinking. There were people clearly waiting for the next tram all around her but she decided to try to ride the tram that was literally right about to take off, and in the process endangered herself and her child.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    I've seen something very similar last year too! It was a slow day and the trams were pretty empty. But because no one else was boarding, the tram was going to leave with just the people it had. The CMs said his usual spiel that there will be no more boarding to the guests waiting for the next tram and gave his signal to the driver that it was all clear. But then, a mother and her child (plus a stroller) arrives at the tram stop, stops for a second behind the yellow line, sees the tram RIGHT about to leave, and then decides to try to board the tram before it takes off. While this was all happening, the CM was yelling in his microphone that there is no more boarding but the mother either did not hear him or chose to ignore him because she got her child into the tram and tried to stuff her stroller too. But the tram started to move, and because she was unsuccessful in trying to get her stroller into the tram and herself, she tried to get her child off the tram while it was moving! The CM had to yell at the driver to stop so they could get the mother and her child safely away from the tram. It was a huge mess and it was amazing how she slipped by all of the CMs stationed at the waiting area (mostly because all of them were talking to each other and not paying attention). I had no idea what that mother was thinking. There were people clearly waiting for the next tram all around her but she decided to try to ride the tram that was literally right about to take off, and in the process endangered herself and her child.

In response to the bolded...she probably wasn't thinking....

• Still lost in Neverland

It just shows how dumbed down the human race as gotten. People don't pay attention, read, or even think about anything other than themselves. When I see parents, holding their child's hand, and dragging them against a signal that is not only indicating Don't Walk but is turning to red, I just want to strangle them. They are really just teaching the kid that is OK to walk against the signals. I was so glad when a Traffic Cop was sitting on his motorcycle just in back of them and saw the whole thing and siren on he stopped them and really gave her a talking to and a ticket. It's too bad that doesn't happen more often then maybe, just maybe they would learn how dangerous that is. Makes me sad to see how stupid people can be sometimes. I guess as I get older I just am less tolerant of stupidity. The cost of a ticket for that is $100 for walking while the Don't Walk light is blinking to $250 for walking when the light is showing steady. And if the Traffic Light is red, it can go up to over $500.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Probably scared the everliving crap out of that cast member. That dude was a walking liability.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    It just shows how dumbed down the human race as gotten. People don't pay attention, read, or even think about anything other than themselves. When I see parents, holding their child's hand, and dragging them against a signal that is not only indicating Don't Walk but is turning to red, I just want to strangle them. They are really just teaching the kid that is OK to walk against the signals. I was so glad when a Traffic Cop was sitting on his motorcycle just in back of them and saw the whole thing and siren on he stopped them and really gave her a talking to and a ticket. It's too bad that doesn't happen more often then maybe, just maybe they would learn how dangerous that is. Makes me sad to see how stupid people can be sometimes. I guess as I get older I just am less tolerant of stupidity. The cost of a ticket for that is $100 for walking while the Don't Walk light is blinking to $250 for walking when the light is showing steady. And if the Traffic Light is red, it can go up to over $500.
    The bolded part, it seems there is much more of this than ever before. (Idiocracy, people... it's happening!!!)
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast