View Poll Results: What Type Of Tron Coaster Might DLs Tomorrowland Get?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard LIM Or LSM Outdoor Coaster

2 6.45%
  • Standard LIM Or LSM Idoor Coaster

5 16.13%
  • Inverted LIM Or LSM Outdoor Coaster

3 9.68%
  • Inverted LIM Or LSM Idoor Coaster

2 6.45%
  • Combination Indoor/Outdoor Coaster

4 12.90%
  • Robocoaster

3 9.68%
  • A Coaster That Will Essentially Travel The Pathway Of The Former Peoplemover/Rocket Rods

5 16.13%
  • Combinations Of More Than One Idea Above

4 12.90%
  • Other

7 22.58%
  • None - Scrap Tron And Build A Bigger, Better Peter Pan

9 29.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Will DL Get A Tron Coaster? If So, What Type Of Coaster Ride Might It BE?

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    The bolded phrase brings me back to a time in Space Mountain's history I would not care to re-visit. (See 2:35)

Rockin Space Mountain - YouTube
    Few things in life are as funny as when Disney tries to be hip.

• HYDRA

If they do it would be a Vekoma motorbike
    Motorbike Launch Coaster
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Artistic integrity

If that "bigger and better" means pushing Marvel into Tomorrowland - That's not necessarily "bigger" and "better".

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    If that "bigger and better" means pushing Marvel into Tomorrowland - That's not necessarily "bigger" and "better".
    Agreed.

• Artistic integrity

To me .. "bigger and better" means -

* Original (Something not derived from a cartoon or other "brand" / "franchise")
    * Something the entire family can ride together
    * With a 5 to 10 minute ride time

•   
    • Minion

I would love a TRON themed attraction again. I say again because the PM went through a TRON section and I loved it. Anyways I don't see it happening at DLR. I think even though it's based on a movie it's a original story idea and if executed correctly it could fit into TL easy and appease everyone. I voted for the none option but only because it probably won't be made.

• No Disassemble!

I have always thought that TRON would be best represented in the parks by a virtual game-grid arena. A place where guests can compete against one another in augmented reality playing fields.

At the end of the day, and as much as I'd love to see a TRON thrill ride, any TRON themed coaster would need to be fast and take place entirely in a show building. The issue would be whether the show building would be on-stage and elaborately themed on the outside or off-stage and ugly (like Indy). And, either way you'd have to make a show building that doesn't trump the majesty of Space Mountain's. Perhaps it could be done bu gutting the underground show area for Nemo but even then that might not be enough.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by j11 View Post
    If DL is to ever get a TRON coaster, I think it should be a standard LIM/LSM indoor coaster. I never imagined the Grid to be outdoors. And CLU2 somewhat confirms the Grid to not be an outdoor place. The coaster itself could be similar to Knott's Pony Express or the Motocoasters, to mimic riding a lightycle.....if ONLY it'd be comfortable and done right. So I voted based on what I'd like seeing.
    How fun, done right, a Pony Express or Motocoaster would be. Your awesome coaster ideas make my mind race!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    To me .. "bigger and better" means -

* Original (Something not derived from a cartoon or other "brand" / "franchise")
    * Something the entire family can ride together
    * With a 5 to 10 minute ride time
    The "rides that families can ride together" element sure is working well at DCA.....it's a wonderful kind of rededication!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Sounds pretty nice. I'm down for a Tron attraction, no matter what park it is hosted in.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Sounds pretty nice. I'm down for a Tron attraction, no matter what park it is hosted in.
    Indeed, a Tron attraction would bode well for Disneyland or Disney California Adventure. It would be cool to have Tron characters walking about either park giving visitors the inside scoop on Grid happenings.

I think Tron could make a great attraction or area of attractions. I'd love to see a combined game grid area with a thril ride, more family oriented ride dining etc all in one place esp if it has a wedway going through it :-)

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    I think Tron could make a great attraction or area of attractions. I'd love to see a combined game grid area with a thril ride, more family oriented ride dining etc all in one place esp if it has a wedway going through it :-)
    How this would all be: a combined game grid/thrill ride; a thematic restaurant; and an awesome wedway traveling thru it. The wedway, however, would have to be in a tunnel where those riding the wedway could observe the Tron ride area, but those experiencing Tron could not see the wedway, so as to not interfere with the immersive theming.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Both Tomorrowland and Frontierland are supoosed to significantly expand in the future...

Obstacles outside the Tomorrowland area berm can be removed and/or relocated elsewhere in Anaheim. Whenever Disney decides to expand, nothing will impede it. Also, Innoventions will give way to another attraction in the future (possibly oart of a Tron coaster....and the building could be utilized, rebuilt or completely destroyed.
    This is not nonsensical but rather Tronsensical.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    This is not nonsensical but rather Tronsensical.
    I do think Tony Baxter would be a great transitional possibility, and he has corporate respect, plus movie industry connections galore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast