View Poll Results: What Type Of Tron Coaster Might DLs Tomorrowland Get?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard LIM Or LSM Outdoor Coaster

2 6.45%
  • Standard LIM Or LSM Idoor Coaster

5 16.13%
  • Inverted LIM Or LSM Outdoor Coaster

3 9.68%
  • Inverted LIM Or LSM Idoor Coaster

2 6.45%
  • Combination Indoor/Outdoor Coaster

4 12.90%
  • Robocoaster

3 9.68%
  • A Coaster That Will Essentially Travel The Pathway Of The Former Peoplemover/Rocket Rods

5 16.13%
  • Combinations Of More Than One Idea Above

4 12.90%
  • Other

7 22.58%
  • None - Scrap Tron And Build A Bigger, Better Peter Pan

9 29.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Will DL Get A Tron Coaster? If So, What Type Of Coaster Ride Might It BE?

You've been riding too many rides.

As the newbie here, I'm sure I'll be laughed out of the thread... but I'd take a Wall E themed ride over a Tron coaster everyday of the week, and twice on Sunday.

I'd love to see a Tomorrowland redo though, while there's plenty that I love (Space, Buzz, Tours), there's just so much wasted space.

What are the chances of Space Mountain getting a re-theme? Don't think 0%, my friends.

• Minion

watching the movie for the first time right now. I LOVE IT! I'd really enjoy a tron ride or at least a meet and greet in TL. Maybe instead of putting a Tron ride, or any property themed ride for that matter, in space that can be used for original rides, put it where Buzz is. Doesnt necissarily have to be a coaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    How fun, done right, a Pony Express or Motocoaster would be. Your awesome coaster ideas make my mind race!
    I've got a lot of them. Another coaster idea I have would be for an inverted indoor one (or maybe even a robocoaster) where guests ride on "Recognizers". It has the proper shape and everything to get the proper look. And that idea doesn't exactly have to be for a coaster if its not as exciting or thrill sounding as a lightcycle coaster. There is just so much that can be done with Grid based attractions.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    You've been riding too many rides.
    What can I say? The rides have all voted me their most popular rider.

Quote Originally Posted by thjbriggs View Post
    As the newbie here, I'm sure I'll be laughed out of the thread... but I'd take a Wall E themed ride over a Tron coaster everyday of the week, and twice on Sunday.

I'd love to see a Tomorrowland redo though, while there's plenty that I love (Space, Buzz, Tours), there's just so much wasted space.
    Both are credible and incredible attraction possibilities. I'd love to see Tron and Wall-E themed rides added.

Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    What are the chances of Space Mountain getting a re-theme? Don't think 0%, my friends.
    Alternate add-on themes; yes. Complete thematic overhaul; not much, as Space Mountain is an iconic main stay.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    watching the movie for the first time right now. I LOVE IT! I'd really enjoy a tron ride or at least a meet and greet in TL. Maybe instead of putting a Tron ride, or any property themed ride for that matter, in space that can be used for original rides, put it where Buzz is. Doesnt necissarily have to be a coaster...
    A new Tron film will be happening, and a themed ride is highly likely.

Quote Originally Posted by j11 View Post
    I've got a lot of them. Another coaster idea I have would be for an inverted indoor one (or maybe even a robocoaster) where guests ride on "Recognizers". It has the proper shape and everything to get the proper look. And that idea doesn't exactly have to be for a coaster if its not as exciting or thrill sounding as a lightcycle coaster. There is just so much that can be done with Grid based attractions.
    Love your idea of a Lightcycle coaster!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• film975

I have been all for a TRON attraction ever since I first rode the TRON speed tunnel on the old People Mover. They should bring the PeopleMover back as a TRON attraction. Wouldn't that be a perfect fit? Sam Flynn from TRON Legacy could be testing a new transportation system and ENCOM could sponsor the ride. And the ride vehicles could be patterned after the Light Runner from the film.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I have been all for a TRON attraction ever since I first rode the TRON speed tunnel on the old People Mover. They should bring the PeopleMover back as a TRON attraction. Wouldn't that be a perfect fit? Sam Flynn from TRON Legacy could be testing a new transportation system and ENCOM could sponsor the ride. And the ride vehicles could be patterned after the Light Runner from the film.
    I would be cool with vehicles digned in line with the Light Runner (as you have suggested) and the light cycles. Plus, along with traveling the PM pathway I would like a significant amount of the ride to take place indoors.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

What if they installed hidden projectors to transform the buildings at night to grid versions of themselves in a method similar to what they do with it's a small world

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

So, I would be the first one to sign a petition for a TRON-themed attraction and I would be the first one in line to enjoy said attraction.
    I absolutely love ElecTRONica and thought it made an amazing experience for a temporary setup with minimal investment. It showed what some creativity and concrete themeing could do to bring the world of the Grid to life.
    I love the whole concept of TRON and the timeless fantasy that is embodies.

That said, I regretably interject that I believe that TRON's ship has sailed at Disneyland. I admittedly have never exerienced Mad Tea Party, but I have a hard time believing that it embodies the same depth and breadth of themeing that ElecTRONica did.
    Regardless, as much as I personally love everything TRON, I feel like it hasn't been widely enough accepted by the mainstream for Disney Parks to invest in it. They had an opportunity with the re-themeing of Test Track at WDW, but whether it was politically tied to the sponsorship by Chevrolet or what, they passed on the chance.

Anyhow, if something comes through, give me a ring and I'll support it in whatever way I can!
    Here's hoping!

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by wild01ride View Post
    They had an opportunity with the re-themeing of Test Track at WDW, but whether it was politically tied to the sponsorship by Chevrolet or what, they passed on the chance.
    Small aside: for all the TRON-like aesthetics in the new Test Track, making it an actual TRON tie-in would be awful. Future world is about exploring practical application of future technologies and how we can create a better world. There needs to be a higher level of science fact than science fantasy in EPCOT. As much as I love TRON, they made the right call by not bringing TRON into EPCOT.

As for TRON's popularity, it's really hard to gauge. There's definitely a loyal and dedicated fan base, and apparently there's enough interest to merit another sequel, yet the recent TV series struggled and likely won't get renewed for a second season (despite the fact that it was the best thing ever to have the title TRON). If a TRON attraction's ever going to happen, it will likely be based on the level of success achieved by TRON 3.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123