View Poll Results: What Type Of Tron Coaster Might DLs Tomorrowland Get?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard LIM Or LSM Outdoor Coaster

2 6.45%
  • Standard LIM Or LSM Idoor Coaster

5 16.13%
  • Inverted LIM Or LSM Outdoor Coaster

3 9.68%
  • Inverted LIM Or LSM Idoor Coaster

2 6.45%
  • Combination Indoor/Outdoor Coaster

4 12.90%
  • Robocoaster

3 9.68%
  • A Coaster That Will Essentially Travel The Pathway Of The Former Peoplemover/Rocket Rods

5 16.13%
  • Combinations Of More Than One Idea Above

4 12.90%
  • Other

7 22.58%
  • None - Scrap Tron And Build A Bigger, Better Peter Pan

9 29.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Will DL Get A Tron Coaster? If So, What Type Of Coaster Ride Might It BE?

Do you think Disneyland will get a Tron coaster like Shanghai Disneyland is expected to have? Feel free to expound on what type of coaster you think DL might build, and or what you would like to see.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• -

Re: Will DL Get A Tron Coaster? If So, What Type Of Coaster Ride Might It BE?

I hope not. The only place in the resort that TRON would sort of fit in is in Tomorrowland. That would make that area of the park very coaster heavy with the Matterhorn and Space Mountain only footsteps away. When you add in Star Tours to the mix that would make that part of the park overflowing with thrill rides.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Evil is Sexy

I would love something TRON themed at DL. I just don't expect it to be in the works at the moment.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Banned User

Tron would be an amazing ride! With Fantasyland next door, there's no need to worry about too many thrill rides. Disney's are tame anyway. Eventually almost anyone can ride them. It's not like Six Flags or Knotts.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I hope not. The only place in the resort that TRON would sort of fit in is in Tomorrowland. That would make that area of the park very coaster heavy with the Matterhorn and Space Mountain only footsteps away. When you add in Star Tours to the mix that would make that part of the park overflowing with thrill rides.
    Both Tomorrowland and Frontierland are supoosed to significantly expand in the future. It does appear that Frontierland will happen first.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I would love something TRON themed at DL. I just don't expect it to be in the works at the moment.
    As I and others have previously discussed in other threads, obstacles outside the Tomorrowland area berm can be removed and/or relocated elsewhere in Anaheim. Whenever Disney decides to expand, nothing will impede it. Also, Innoventions will give way to another attraction in the future (possibly oart of a Tron coaster....and the building could be utilized, rebuilt or completely destroyed.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Tron would be an amazing ride! With Fantasyland next door, there's no need to worry about too many thrill rides. Disney's are tame anyway. Eventually almost anyone can ride them. It's not like Six Flags or Knotts.
    Right on the money, DARTH MAUL!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    It's not how tame or terrifying they are. It's overloading an area with one genre of ride that concerns me, especially given the amount of space that this particular type of ride would take up.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• ~

As much as I would personally love a TRON ride that takes Guests inside the Grid, I think there's enough franchises in Tomorrowland with Buzz, Nemo, and Star Tours. I would rather see something original, especially one that focuses more on actual scientific fact, theory, and progress rather than the current fantasy-driven focus of Tomorrowland. Perhaps an exploration of our own galaxy, a re-imagined version of Adventures Thru Inner Space, an attraction depicting our lives in the future (a la Horizons), a time-travel related attraction, etc. Something with a little more substance and originality.

That said, between the franchises being brought up in the discussion for Tomorrowland, I greatly prefer TRON to Wall-E and Iron Man. I think that stems more from my personal like for the movie and fascination for its world than anything relating to theme and story, but I really do think that TRON's world could beautifully lend itself to adaptation into an attraction. There's something about all of the lighting and the shadows and the motion in the film that I can really envision in a three-dimensional medium. For the potential ride system, I think that a motorbike roller coaster (Motorbike roller coaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) themed to light cycles would be the best option, something open that remains true to the spirit of the movie. I don't think a standard roller coaster could provide the same amount of immersion and authenticity.

But like I said, as much as I love to daydream about traveling inside the world of the Grid, I don't think it's right for the land, especially at this point in time. Maybe when Tomorrowland has started to gain more substance and style to balance out the fantasy and franchises, but right now, we already have enough of the latter on our hands and I don't think adding more is a good idea.

• The doctor is in

I imagine if there ever is a Tron themed coaster, or something along those lines, it would be modeled similar to the Aerosmith coaster at WDW. Make it an indoor dark thrill ride that basically takes you through the grid.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Iron-Clad Allie

It's not how tame or terrifying they are. It's overloading an area with one genre of ride that concerns me, especially given the amount of space that this particular type of ride would take up.
    However, there are many types of significantly different sub-genras of coasters. Then Grid would offer a tottally unique theme to interactive with. Plus, there's not a single propper indoor/outdoor coaster ride....should that turn out to come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    As much as I would personally love a TRON ride that takes Guests inside the Grid, I think there's enough franchises in Tomorrowland with Buzz, Nemo, and Star Tours. I would rather see something original, especially one that focuses more on actual scientific fact, theory, and progress rather than the current fantasy-driven focus of Tomorrowland. Perhaps an exploration of our own galaxy, a re-imagined version of Adventures Thru Inner Space, an attraction depicting our lives in the future (a la Horizons), a time-travel related attraction, etc. Something with a little more substance and originality.

That said, between the franchises being brought up in the discussion for Tomorrowland, I greatly prefer TRON to Wall-E and Iron Man. I think that stems more from my personal like for the movie and fascination for its world than anything relating to theme and story, but I really do think that TRON's world could beautifully lend itself to adaptation into an attraction. There's something about all of the lighting and the shadows and the motion in the film that I can really envision in a three-dimensional medium. For the potential ride system, I think that a motorbike roller coaster (Motorbike roller coaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) themed to light cycles would be the best option, something open that remains true to the spirit of the movie. I don't think a standard roller coaster could provide the same amount of immersion and authenticity.

But like I said, as much as I love to daydream about traveling inside the world of the Grid, I don't think it's right for the land, especially at this point in time. Maybe when Tomorrowland has started to gain more substance and style to balance out the fantasy and franchises, but right now, we already have enough of the latter on our hands and I don't think adding more is a good idea.
    I love your ideas for an original ride here, gatheringrosebuds! Something along the lines of Adventure Thru Inner Space or Horizons would be totally cool. Other experience types that could be incorporated into something unique are Flight To The Moon/Mars or Mission:Space.

Consider though, there's plenty of room to expand Tomorrowland and include one or more original rides as well as commercial rides (that were at their beginning origins completely original - now proven popular.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I imagine if there ever is a Tron themed coaster, or something along those lines, it would be modeled similar to the Aerosmith coaster at WDW. Make it an indoor dark thrill ride that basically takes you through the grid.
    This Aerosmith-like concept rocks the universe!

• Iron-Clad Allie

However, there are many types of significantly different sub-genras of coasters. Then Grid would offer a tottally unique theme to interactive with. Plus, there's not a single propper indoor/outdoor coaster ride....should that turn out to come into play.

I love your ideas for an original ride here, gatheringrosebuds! Something along the lines of Adventure Thru Inner Space or Horizons would be totally cool. Other experience types that could be incorporated into something unique are Flight To The Moon/Mars or Mission:Space.

Consider though, there's plenty of room to expand Tomorrowland and include one or more original rides as well as commercial rides (that were at their beginning origins completely original - now proven popular.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    This Aerosmith-like concept rocks my universe!

• Filmmaker

As much as I would personally love a TRON ride that takes Guests inside the Grid, I think there's enough franchises in Tomorrowland with Buzz, Nemo, and Star Tours. I would rather see something original...
    Sadly I think we'll need a new CEO/Chairman before that can happen.

I too would prefer some kind of original attraction (time travel would be a great addition to the predominently space travel themed land), but being realistic given the current state of Disney management, I'm not going to hold my breath.

A TRON attraction would be a lot of fun, though, I'm not sure a traditional coaster would necesarily be the right fit. I'd rather see something a bit more... intimate, for lack of a better word. Something that allows you to really take in the theming rather than passing it in a blur (like you do on Rock 'n' Rollercoaster).

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    This Aerosmith-like concept rocks the universe!
    The bolded phrase brings me back to a time in Space Mountain's history I would not care to re-visit. (See 2:35)

Rockin Space Mountain - YouTube

If DL is to ever get a TRON coaster, I think it should be a standard LIM/LSM indoor coaster. I never imagined the Grid to be outdoors. And CLU2 somewhat confirms the Grid to not be an outdoor place. The coaster itself could be similar to Knott's Pony Express or the Motocoasters, to mimic riding a lightycle.....if ONLY it'd be comfortable and done right. So I voted based on what I'd like seeing.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• Minion

Tron for Disneyland is dead. Replaced with something bigger and better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast