• Capt without a ship...

Tram Boarding - Some kind of guide needed?

I'm sure a LOT of you have already noticed this and I wonder why it is not addressed. The boarding areas for the tram at the park and at the parking structure have always struck me as odd.

Obviously the rows of seating are rows, granted not everyone may know that, and Disney kind of has the boarding area marked like a row, but not very clearly. I would think that they would add a railing to separate the rows, or at least numbers on the ground for each corresponding row.

I hate when you're trying to get in line and there is a blob of people kinda standing across all lanes even though they'll all be sitting in a row together or you try to line up in an empty row, and people glare at you because they think you are cutting ahead of them. Or you get people lined up in one row, cut across everyone else and get into a totally different row.

To me it just complicates and slows down what should be a pretty easy boarding process. You line up in a row for a row and board as space is available.

• -

Re: Tram Boarding - Some kind of guide needed?

I've never had a problem the way it currently is. As soon as boarding is allowed, you just get in the first availble row.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I've never had a problem the way it currently is. As soon as boarding is allowed, you just get in the first availble row.
    This.

I have never had an issue boarding the trams. Usually, once boarding starts people just board, getting in first available. Its pretty self explanatory

• Foolish Mortal

I've never had an issue either, but I can see how maybe having painted lines on the ground instead of just the cuts in the cement might create a greater awareness to the guests.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Or they could do it like in the Toy Story lot where you have a single line and then people just start to fill it up from front to back or back to front.

I have only had problems at night after the fireworks when everyone is trying to get on a tram at once. I'm often the only adult with three to four kids, and a couple of times, I have had groups of adults push their way ahead and jump on the tram.

Because I have kids, they are not as fast or efficient at getting on. Even through we were at the front of the pack, I have had adults push their way in front of me and jump on the row we were about to take. This has happened twice. It's very frustrating.

I have also seen this happen to other people, and watched some rather colorful language come out the person who got pushed aside.

So, there are times a more organized system would be helpful. Ninety percent of the time, it works fine the way it is. I think sometimes at the end of the night when it's crowded and grumpy people want to go home, it can be a problem.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mlggator View Post
    I think sometimes at the end of the night when it's crowded and grumpy people want to go home, it can be a problem.
    That is why I always walk when it is overcrowded. Usually I end up getting back faster than if I waited for the tram.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Maybe they could do something similar to the way Universal loads their backlot tour trams. During the busy times I do see lots of little kids getting pushed aside by adults.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

We used to be able to board the trams and pass through security without needing Micechat threads to guide us through.

•   
    • Minion

Lines on the ground can't stop rudeness. There have been times I've been shoved out of the way by people getting on the tram, and I don't think they're doing it because they don't know where to go. They're doing it because they're rude and see a chance to push ahead. If anything were to stop it, it would be single-file lines.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    We used to be able to board the trams and pass through security without needing Micechat threads to guide us through.

Signs in the planters or stripes on the ground could help. Also why don't they use the loading zone next to escalator any more. They could designate the one side by the signs for loading and the side by the parking lot for unloading. Seem confusing when they load on opposite sides.
    Last edited by disneyfn; 03-12-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: missing word

• Disneyland 20 year APH

The only problem as of late is them changing the boarding anoucments. It just makes me crazy as they play the safty speal 3 or 4 time evertime because a new person got on the tram. They used to play them after departure but I guess someone in leagal wanted that change. All the CMs in the world yelling not to board the tram is fruitless. If we are talking about imploving tram loading than maybe safty gates before we talk about railings.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M