•   
    • Minion

Storybook attraction based on all the classics

I have always had the idea of how awesome it would be if DLR showed all of the Disney classics somewhere at the resort. Starting with Snow White and working their way up from order of release Switch them out monthly or something. I have posted that idea multiple times in different threads.

I have thought about expanding the possibility to maybe a attraction that would go where Pinocchio is. And once a quarter maybe they could re-theme the attraction to the classics. Obviously I would leave Snow White, Mr Toad,Alice and Peter Pan intact. I would sacrifice Pinocchio as it's always got the lower number of wait time. So there are over 50 of these classics so maybe there would be a cutoff like the year 2000 or something which would make the list 40. Or maybe they just pick fan favorites. So they would refresh the attraction with a new classic every so often. The track layout can stay the same but obviously they would need to create a lot of overlays. So after Pinocchio would be Fantasia for 3 months or whatever and then Dumbo, Bambi, Saludos Amigos and so on. I know this is a huge pipe dream with an insane cost but I think it would be awesome and help educate people about the older movies without disrupting FL at the same time.

These are the ones I would want to ride most as they are my favorite movies

Fantasia, The Three Caballeros, Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, The Black Cauldron, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin.... Ok my list is huge and I even left some off LOLOL

• Filmmaker

Re: Storybook attraction based on all the classics

This would be a massive undertaking. You're talking about building essentially a whole new ride four times a year, and to do it with physical sets and animatronics like I assume most people would want, there's just no plausible way to do that.

The only way something like this could realistically happen is if it were an all digital attraction like Toy Story Midway Mania, where they can develop the software without shutting down the attraction and upload it overnight without having any downtime.

• Under that tree again!

In a way it would be impossible as the number of films increases as time goes on.

It could be a cool sort of Great Movie Ride, a tour through Disney animation for DCA.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• -

They have a ride featuring all the Disney characters - Small World.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They have a ride featuring all the Disney characters - Small World.
    I see what you did there!
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    In a way it would be impossible as the number of films increases as time goes on.

It could be a cool sort of Great Movie Ride, a tour through Disney animation for DCA.
    That would be a good way to do it and place it in hollywoodland. The queue could start in the animation building and go underground and end up over by Monsters inc muppets vision etc. The queue could have so much Disney animation history.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    The queue could have so much Disney animation history.
    It would be cool if they loaded it with all kinds of memorabilia and historical notes like the entrance to One Man's Dream.
    Last edited by calsig31; 03-13-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It would be cool if they loaded it with all kinds of memorabilia and hostorical notes like the entrance to One Man's Dream.

They could do a history of animation from pencils to pixels in the queue. The a history of animation films on the ride. It would be fitting for Disney's Hollywood Land.

I don't know if it should take over the whole land. Replacing the Animation building is one thing, replacing the nearly empty stage 17 and mostly empty satge 14 another, but Monster's Inc. and Muppets is another. Is one big attraction worth replacing two attractions? Not always. A movie ride can become stale to the common repeat visitors of DLR.

The Animation Buidling is very massive, big foot print and tall. I don't know if the Great Movie Ride vehicles would be able to handle a slope, or look good in a low cieling room. Fitting a figure 8 into the building could increase the area available for scenes. More flexible but with good capacity is a batch omnimover. It's like an omniloader but you have gaps between ride vehicles, much like if 5 doom buggies had the passenger compartment taken of its chassie, then 5 with the compartment. That would allow a gap in guest viewing for scene resets.

Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    They could do a history of animation from pencils to pixels in the queue. The a history of animation films on the ride. It would be fitting for Disney's Hollywood Land.

I don't know if it should take over the whole land. Replacing the Animation building is one thing, replacing the nearly empty stage 17 and mostly empty satge 14 another, but Monster's Inc. and Muppets is another. Is one big attraction worth replacing two attractions? Not always. A movie ride can become stale to the common repeat visitors of DLR.

The Animation Buidling is very massive, big foot print and tall. I don't know if the Great Movie Ride vehicles would be able to handle a slope, or look good in a low cieling room. Fitting a figure 8 into the building could increase the area available for scenes. More flexible but with good capacity is a batch omnimover. It's like an omniloader but you have gaps between ride vehicles, much like if 5 doom buggies had the passenger compartment taken of its chassie, then 5 with the compartment. That would allow a gap in guest viewing for scene resets.

Not a bad idea. I would hate to lose the animation building but I would let it go for an epic tribute to their animated films in the form of a attraction.

Yeah, Pinocchio is one of the best FL darkrides. I once suggested a studio tour ride in DCA that would feature sets/props from films, a trip into the animation dept ehere guests can talk with Mickey on the set of his new movie(Turtle Talk tech), encounter Disney villains, and lastly pass through Disney's latest film they're pushing.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.