Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Mickey and the Magical Map, officially opens May 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by vnormth View Post
    Does anybody else think this sounds thematically a lot like a stage show version of Fantasmic? Mickey's magical adventures instead of Mickey's imagination?
    I've been thinking pretty much exactly the same thing.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I can't believe that none of you have commented that King Louie actually sings in the show!

For the non-characters, the CG doesn't bother me. But I guess I'll have to see it all in person to be sure.

While I agree that the premise sounds a little too similar to Fantasmic!, I think we're going to see some cool things.

• Evil is Sexy

Yes. A blinking, speaking King Louis is awesome.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Minion

Even though I think the show sounds like Fantasmic!, I don't care LOL. I'm still really, REALLY excited for the show and I can't wait until it opens.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Even though I think the show sounds like Fantasmic!, I don't care LOL. I'm still really, REALLY excited for the show and I can't wait until it opens.
    ditto

• film975

I too was really impressed with this King Louie in the show's rehearsal footage. I wonder if other characters in the show are gonna be like this as well. It might be a good showcase for this kind of animatronic technology.

Do they ever open a new show earlier than scheduled? We will be there until May 23rd..was hoping the new Mickey and the Magical Map show would be officially open prior to our departure date...

• Banned User

Yeah it looked cool! Maybe all the characters will be like this. Cant wait to hear about the show overall.

• New Member Goes Forth

Sounds like a good show. However, it is simular to Fantasmic, as it has many Disney francises in the story. They have said that it will be converted to holiday shows, but WOC have not done a full holdiay show yet, only a prologue with Prep and Landing
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• I'm a Lutheran

It's SO awesome seeing King Louie back in action, especially with a "living face." One of my best memories of Disney theme parks as a child was seeing Louie, my favorite Disney character at the time (and still one of my favorites). A photograph of my father and I with Louie at the then MGM Studios is something I will always cherish, especially since the performer was literally the same height as me (I was four-years old).

I don't usually see stage shows in theme parks, but I might have to make a special exception for this one. As evident by my signature, I'm captivated by live theatre.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123