Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 123
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    106

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    Okay, a question here.

    I have two kids ages 11 and 9. We have APs and go all the time. We are all very familliar with the park. Sometimes, while one of us is waiting in line, another may run to grab a fastpass. Now with the fastpass new rules, this is something that I would likely rely on even more.

    Also, sometimes if we are waiting in a long line (Toy Story for instance), I'll let my kids run and ride something with a short line (Screamin) while I wait. Or maybe they'll go pin trade while I wait.

    So my question is, will this no longer be allowed? I'm in the park and not far away, and they know the park very well and where I am. I will be very bummed if they can't do this.

    They're good responsible kids.

    OR is this just a rule about getting into the park? Which I have no problem with and would fully support. I would never have my kids go to the park alone without me at this age.

  2. #17

    • rebmeM roinuJ
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    392

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    Not sure how to take this. I wasnt aware it was an issue, first of all.

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    1845 Sugarcube Ln., Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    564

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    I am unsure how to feel about the situation. True, the policy can take the bad ones out of the equation, but what about the others that are law abiding citizens? Also, while I am unsure on the figures of this, what if one of those teens aspires to work for Disney or become an Imagineer themselves from their frequent solo trips to Disneyland growing up?

    Plus I wasn't even aware that this was an issue.



    Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

  4. #19

    • I see mouse people
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Too far from Disneyland
    Posts
    3,768
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    I'd assume "accompanied" means if a cast member asks where your parent/responsible adult is, their location had better be somewhere in the park. Too many parents use the park as a safe place to drop their kids on non-school days, so yes this is a good thing. It's too bad that it became necessary to make it official, but at least it's clear.

  5. #20

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,606

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Wow isn't 14 a bit too old to be the minimum?
    Nope. If anything I would raise it to driving age. That way it is easier to show proof of age.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    So 14 is the new seven? How slow are we going to let kids grow up? I get that there was a terrible incident recently, but I don't like the idea of continuing to slow down childhood development.
    Last edited by thedude76; 03-14-2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: typo

  7. #22

    • No Disassemble!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    791

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    Quote Originally Posted by mlggator View Post
    Okay, a question here.

    I have two kids ages 11 and 9. We have APs and go all the time. We are all very familliar with the park. Sometimes, while one of us is waiting in line, another may run to grab a fastpass. Now with the fastpass new rules, this is something that I would likely rely on even more.

    Also, sometimes if we are waiting in a long line (Toy Story for instance), I'll let my kids run and ride something with a short line (Screamin) while I wait. Or maybe they'll go pin trade while I wait.

    So my question is, will this no longer be allowed? I'm in the park and not far away, and they know the park very well and where I am. I will be very bummed if they can't do this.

    They're good responsible kids.

    OR is this just a rule about getting into the park? Which I have no problem with and would fully support. I would never have my kids go to the park alone without me at this age.
    Good question! While it's not very clear yet what the specifics of the policy are I'm going to assume it's only a gate policy because it's near impossible for any CM to verify a guest's age once they're in the park (unless they can check a guest's age on point of sale machines). And even then, if every CM had to be on the lookout for unattended minors it would probably bog down park operations.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

  8. #23

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    I'd assume "accompanied" means if a cast member asks where your parent/responsible adult is, their location had better be somewhere in the park. Too many parents use the park as a safe place to drop their kids on non-school days, so yes this is a good thing. It's too bad that it became necessary to make it official, but at least it's clear.
    I'm guessing this is the case, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    So 14 is the new the seven? How slow are we going to let kids grow up? I get that there was a terrible incident recently, but I don't like the idea of continuing to slow down childhood development.
    There are places to send your kid out alone, if you so choose, other than Disneyland. There's probably nothing stopping you from taking your kid into the park and letting them have a bit of free time before meeting you back at a certain point.

    I started going out alone (to the store, on the bus, etc.) when I was about 8. We lived in a major urban area. I was obviously able to handle it. My classmates did, too. I'm sure there are kids at Disneyland who are responsible enough to handle a day at the park by themselves.

    However...if they are amending the policy I'd imagine it's because there have been issues to the contrary. If parents really are using Disneyland as day care, as some have said, it's totally understandable that Disney would not want to take on the responsibility of being babysitters and becoming liable for those kids' welfare and safety in the park.

  9. #24

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Good question! While it's not very clear yet what the specifics of the policy are I'm going to assume it's only a gate policy because it's near impossible for any CM to verify a guest's age once they're in the park (unless they can check a guest's age on point of sale machines). And even then, if every CM had to be on the lookout for unattended minors it would probably bog down park operations.
    myMagic+ ?

  10. #25

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,997

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    myMagic+ ?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  11. #26

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    I confirmed this with a phone call to Disneyland Resort this afternoon. It's certainly going to change the way some people decide on whether they want to keep buying AP's for their kids:

    so basicly any kid under 14 can't go to the parks alone. that makes sense to me, i get why they might be doing this. a safety thing i think..

  12. #27

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,606

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    So 14 is the new the seven? How slow are we going to let kids grow up? I get that there was a terrible incident recently, but I don't like the idea of continuing to slow down childhood development.
    Not allowing someone under 14 in the park without a parent is slowing down their development how?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  13. #28

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    331

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    I think that is a great idea! It is frightening to me to think of a little 8 year old in the park alone and unsupervised! Who are the parents that would do that? I'm actually surprised that it took so long to create this rule.

  14. #29

    • aka 'KiMcHeE'
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    585

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    I think this policy is more like a parental supervision kind of thing. I've seen groups of teens that are delinquents! Maybe it's to combat the group of teens that cause trouble in the parks without any adult supervision?

  15. #30

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

    This is a great change. Thanks for reporting!

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disney Sets Dates for "Narnia" and "Prince of Persia"
    By tjcjr in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 06:25 AM
  2. 11/01/06 - Christmas changes, Santa Hat, Space Month and Halloween still for sale
    By BigPigletFan in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
  3. Disney World getting better for teens?
    By TheDisneyInquisitor in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 05:05 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2005, 09:13 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 01:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •