Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    When my son turns 10 i'll let him venture around Disneyland with a friend if he wants to. But knowing me i'll stay close to monitor for 2 reasons. 1) To see how he acts so I can determine if he is ready for some independence .
    right .. at 10 they should be able to ride at least 1 ride alone..12 they can venture off on their own in my opinion..LOL

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Awesome news.

This is great news, but how are they going to verify age? Who has ID at 14 years old? Maybe its so the can clearly see a kid that is 9 and deny admission but they won't hassle a 12 year old.

I think this is great, but will they change the "adult" pass pricing to 14 from 10?

• Parking Lot > DCA

This is great!

• World Famous Gold Mickey

I like the rule - I am just curios to the enforcement if any.
    Parents could walk in with the kids and leave.....

Inside the Parks there are kids running around with out parents - how is Disney going to enforce this. Are they going to have cast members on LKP Loose Kid Patrol and what are they going to do with the kids - walk them to their parents - what if they can't find them - take the kids where to hold them. And how does a kid prove how old they are unless the cast member ask for and scan the kids pass if the kid happens to have it on them.

I kind of thinking this is almost a way to try to help contol how many people or annual pass holder kids are in the parks especialy on the weekends especialy since it says entry into the parks - what about Downtown Disney and Disney Resorts?

I just hope we don't start hearing over the PA system all the time paging the parents name etc...

• Disgruntled Former CM

This new policy does not bother me one bit.

Disney Theme Parks have long been used as a "Baby Sitting Service", as an AP costs much less per hour than a human baby sitter. Many parents have long believed that
    a) Disney will watch my kids...
    b) Disney will be responsible for my kids... and
    c) if my kids get into trouble / hurt / maimed, it will be "Disney's fault"

Enforcement will be problematic - but it will cut down on lawsuits. Every time an unattended tween is caught doing something, the first question will be "where is your parent or guardian?", and when the answer is "well, they're not here...", Disney will lower the boom.
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• Nic

I think 14 is a little too old. I'm not even 14 years old yet, and I've been venturing off into the parks since I was 10. My family gets tired easily, and on the most recent trip, I was able to get a head start on attractions while they were back sleeping. This will also put a damper on 12 and 13 year olds, who maybe want to walk over to CA Adventure to go on Screamin' while the rest of the group is in Disneyland.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    This is great news, but how are they going to verify age? Who has ID at 14 years old? Maybe its so the can clearly see a kid that is 9 and deny admission but they won't hassle a 12 year old.
    Kids probably wouldn't bring them, but all the schools in my district issue Student IDs ... I always keep mine in my wallet, but I doubt it's something a student would always have on him/her.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
    I think this is great, but will they change the "adult" pass pricing to 14 from 10?
    I thought the adult pass prices start at 10 already?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by misterdisney View Post

Inside the Parks there are kids running around with out parents - how is Disney going to enforce this. Are they going to have cast members on LKP Loose Kid Patrol and what are they going to do with the kids - walk them to their parents - what if they can't find them - take the kids where to hold them. And how does a kid prove how old they are unless the cast member ask for and scan the kids pass if the kid happens to have it on them.

I kind of thinking this is almost a way to try to help contol how many people or annual pass holder kids are in the parks especialy on the weekends especialy since it says entry into the parks - what about Downtown Disney and Disney Resorts?

I just hope we don't start hearing over the PA system all the time paging the parents name etc...
    That's a great point. I too wonder how this will be enforced. I'm guessing honor system if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by misterdisney View Post

The new rule seems to apply to park gate admission only. Once inside the park if the parents and the kids want to separate there is not a lot Disney can do to prevent that.

This appears to be mainly aimed at dropping young kids off at the curb on Harbor Bl with an AP and using the park as a babysitter, as one poster has mentioned.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    This will also put a damper on 12 and 13 year olds, who maybe want to walk over to CA Adventure to go on Screamin' while the rest of the group is in Disneyland.
    I feel like that's too small and too specific of a demographic to make an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I feel like that's too small and too specific of a demographic to make an impact.
    By time the kids get to 14, they're gonna want to go to Universal anyway.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    By time the kids get to 14, they're gonna want to go to Universal anyway.
    Actually, I disagree. 9/10 of the music department at my school chose to spend a 9 hour bus ride two ways, raised funds through Sees for several months, and gave up their 4 day weekend, to spend 2 days, in a crappy motel. 154 friend of mine (median age: 14) like Disneyland, and whenever I post "I'm in Disneyland" on various social media sites, I get several people posting about how lucky I am, how they hate me for being able to go, and to say to Mickey Mouse.

Teens still love Disneyland, unless teens in SF Bay are different than teens in the rest of the country.
    Fear of the unknown.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast