Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: CONFIRMED! Disney changes admission policies for teens and tweens.

^Wine tasing? Sounds like an electrifying experience. Where do they have that on the property? j/k
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    They charge adult price on APs from Age 3 and Up? That's just wrong, even more so with this policy.
    This fact about the Premium AP has always irritated me. I have always thought they should make a Premium (no block out days) Child's AP. My 9 year old doesn't need free parking and 15% off merchandise because when he goes, he's with me and I get that on my own PAP.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Perhaps DL management has gotten the idea that DL is becoming a hangout rather than a destination resort and doesn't want it to become another Magic Mountain?
    That could very well be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    Plain and simple....parents need to start being responsible for their kids and stop using Disneyland as a babysitter. There are plenty of other things you can do to teach your kids responsibility, letting them roam Disneyland alone is not the place to do it. Until your son or daughter turn 18 YOU as a parent are responsible for them; anything they do or any trouble they get into is a direct reflection of how people will view you as a person and a parent. That's just the way it is, whether you like it or not.
    Yes and yes! Parents like you and I are rare and few. But we are out there. And even after 18, I'm sure you still "feel" responsible for them. Gotta love being a parent!

Overall, I think Disney made a right move implementing this new policy

Sounds like a good policy to me. There are a lot of local low life APs who dump their uncivilized kids at the park.

• New Member Goes Forth

It will be interesting to see how this pans out...
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Of Two Minds, or More

I think it's a crying shame. I have great memories of exploring the park with my best friend when we were 10. We wore our best dresses and were dropped off at the gate. Uncle Wally signed us in and after we were done watching his show we had run of the park.

I think we don't expect enough from children these days. Too many parents are freaked out about possible worst case scenarios and the fear-mongering on television. Common sense should prevail.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    Oh man! I feel so bad for the lady behind me in line earlier this week. She was buying annual passes for her kids so they could spend the summer days there. She even went out of her way to buy the passes that would allow them the blocked out dates. Poor woman! They should have warned her at the window.
    I guess she is about to learn the hard way that Disneyland is not a day care.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWally'sNiece View Post
    I think it's a crying shame. I have great memories of exploring the park with my best friend when we were 10. We wore our best dresses and were dropped off at the gate. Uncle Wally signed us in and after we were done watching his show we had run of the park.

I think we don't expect enough from children these days. Too many parents are freaked out about possible worst case scenarios and the fear-mongering on television. Common sense should prevail.
    It did, hence the new policy.
    Last edited by calsig31; 03-21-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWally'sNiece View Post

I don't have cable so the getting freaked out about the news isn't an issue for me. I think a lot of it has to do with remembering exactly how I acted at that age and I wasn't the most well-behaved kid in the world. Not too mention that, as other people have stated already, kids were a lot more respectful and raised an entirely different way back then. Plus even though you were "on your own" your uncle was still in the park performing so if there was any kind of emergency I'm sure he would be able to respond.

trust me, I expect a lot from my daughter and she's only five; but dropping her off at age 10 to let her run around the park alone is not something I would do.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Dont make me unfriend you

I don't know of any "major incident" that happened. But I can imagine if a 7 or 8 year kid gets hurt some how and has to go to first aid. Then they have to call the kid's parent and the parent answers, "I'm at work, it will take me an hour to get there." That can't be too good for DL or the kid. It's bad enough if that happens to a teenager, but, in my mind, so much worst for a little kid.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

The parental arrival time is probably no worse than for a kid in school, but at least at school, everybody knows the parent is not close. I think at Disney, people expect the parents to be close. At least in the park.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Also at school, the people know the kid and (I think more importantly) the kid knows the adults. The kid most likely won't feel as alone. If it happened at DL, then everybody is a stranger.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    Also at school, the people know the kid and (I think more importantly) the kid knows the adults. The kid most likely won't feel as alone. If it happened at DL, then everybody is a stranger.
    youo also have to look how long it would take not just to get to Disneyland but the amount of time it would to actually get inside Disneyland. What if you don't have an AP and your kid does? Do you get a special pass to get him?
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

​Very true.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    youo also have to look how long it would take not just to get to Disneyland but the amount of time it would to actually get inside Disneyland. What if you don't have an AP and your kid does? Do you get a special pass to get him?
    Nope that is why there is a guest drop off & pick up zone off Harbor Blvd. The parent would simply have their kid meet them in this small parking lot to pick him or her up.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• -

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Nope that is why there is a guest drop off & pick up zone off Harbor Blvd. The parent would simply have their kid meet them in this small parking lot to pick him or her up.
    So they will just have an injured kid limp out to the guest drop off area?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    So they will just have an injured kid limp out to the guest drop off area?
    Obviously not. I must have missed the part about the kid being injured.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast