Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• No Disassemble!

Re: WHat to do with captain EO

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

Keep mind everybody ... 3D films are common place, now.

There's not a megaplex around .. that does not have at least 1 auditorium rigged for 3D films.

They use to be a Theme Park Exclusive ... but no more.

Going to the local megaplex for the latest 3D movie ... is as about as common as Starbucks and McDonalds.

If they attempt another 3D film ...... It's going to become so passť ... so fast. And you know ... how good Disney is at replacing things that become stale.
    I totally get your point and agree with you but technically Disney's on-screen attractions are 4D experiences that are some of the best in the industry. Had Disney re-launched EO with all of its prior visual effects (lasers, smoke effects, fiber optics) it probably would be getting better attendance today.

Every time I'm waiting for the next EO showing and I'm watching the totally eighties'd out pre-show movie I sometimes get the thought that it should all just be torn down and a better attraction should be built. But then I look up at the tall ceiling and think "you can't bust into that, that's a load bearing theater!"
    Last edited by G24T; 03-13-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• film975

Captain EO Tribute was meant to be a hold over while the Imagineers developed something new for that location. Pretty much the same way Celebrate! A Street Party was before we got Mickey's Soundsational Parade. But we're never gonna really know what they have in store for Tomorrowland until they finally make an official annoucement about it. Maybe at the next D23 Expo.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by VintageMouse View Post
    I would like to see the theater revert back to an open auditorium for live music and shows. From 1977 to 1986, that area was known as the Space Stage (I think). I have fond memories dancing to the latest disco music back in 1979. Heck, I'd like to see the original speed-ramp restored as well :-)
    This

Or this:
    Marvel Teaming with Circus Producer to Create Giant Arena Show
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Goofy

i would not mind seeing a new honey i shrunk the audiences with updated mode.

• New Member Goes Forth

Have a Tron 4D ride, which made it feel like the future. Captain EO is dated and feels like the 80s. Maybe they could improve on the 4D and have 5D...

Personally, 5D would have more than water/smoke effects. Full screens around. Lasers, smoke. It would be a fully emersive experience.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• rebmeM roinuJ

I wouldnt mind something semi educational or Flight to the Moon/Mars type of thing.

• Heavy Breather

You could move ElecTRONica there if you make it an open theatre. Maybe

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Eek Opp Ork Ah Ha

They should have the original Star Wars film (or key scenes from it)) in 3D and lasers and stuff. Maybe stormtroopers running through the theater too.

Bulldoze it along with the awkward Starcade and mission to mars. That is a lot of blank canvas along with innovations and the peoplemoover tower. No need to touch the subs with all that land.

Captain Eo was actually packed when i went to see it the last day of my trip feb 21st. the park was fairly empty too.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by VintageMouse View Post
    I would like to see the theater revert back to an open auditorium for live music and shows. From 1977 to 1986, that area was known as the Space Stage (I think). I have fond memories dancing to the latest disco music back in 1979. Heck, I'd like to see the original speed-ramp restored as well :-)
    That was a great place to see a live show. Even better than the theatre near iasw. I remember watching Kids Of The Kingdom there. So cheesy but typical for the 70s and oh so entertaining. And as I got older I went with a friend to see Tommy Tutone perform there. Oh great - now I'm going to have "867-5309" stuck in my head all day now!

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Oh great - now I'm going to have "867-5309" stuck in my head all day now!
    I got it, I got it! Haha

I do wonder what's in store for Tomorrowland in general...I noticed that most of the ugly bronze/steampunk colors are gone, but that's not enough. The empty shell of Rocket Rods/Peoplemover and the abanonded second level of the Starcade as well as Innoventions (which feels...forced) still could see some form of classic TL resurrection.

They should bring back the original soundtrack to Space too. I don't hate the new soundtrack but it just feels...too soundtracky for me (if that's even a word)

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by SemiCircle View Post
    They should have the original Star Wars film (or key scenes from it)) in 3D and lasers and stuff. Maybe stormtroopers running through the theater too.
    I'll loan them my parents VHS (unaltered) tapes.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by soothseyer View Post
    I got it, I got it! Haha

I do wonder what's in store for Tomorrowland in general...I noticed that most of the ugly bronze/steampunk colors are gone, but that's not enough. The empty shell of Rocket Rods/Peoplemover and the abanonded second level of the Starcade as well as Innoventions (which feels...forced) still could see some form of classic TL resurrection.

They should bring back the original soundtrack to Space too. I don't hate the new soundtrack but it just feels...too soundtracky for me (if that's even a word)

From what I've heard, (Star Tours shop CM) Starcade (top and bottom levels) will be returning. Bottom level is going to be Wreck-it-Ralph and top is going to be all new arcade games.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

•   

honestly guys i just want to see captain EO go to bring some sort of ride because lets face 4-D movies arent as amusing as they used to be! granted disney does have the best 4-D movies in the business its time to bring a family ride into this theater.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast