Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   

Re: WHat to do with captain EO

I was there on saturday and dident see more then....about...75 people watching it per show...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Mendez View Post
    I was there on saturday and dident see more then....about...75 people watching it per show...
    You sat through every show on Saturday? I think I would shoot myself if I had to watch it that many times.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    You sat through every show on Saturday? I think I would shoot myself if I had to watch it that many times.
    oh Heck no! i cant even sit through one! i mean in passed by about 4 times the morning trips were empty and so was the night one and the lunch one only had like 75 people

every time i go see EO its always packed

they clearly are keeping it due to the high traffic they get
    or they would have taken it down by now
    since we all know they just wanted to cash in on his death

what they need to do is remaster it turn it into the new 6D or 5D movie
    add new effects on screen and in the theater
    add the 2 cut songs or even just 1
    or even record some new shots and us a 3D MJ hologram people would go nuts
    if disney had a 3D MJ hologram

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by SemiCircle View Post
    They should have the original Star Wars film (or key scenes from it)) in 3D and lasers and stuff. Maybe stormtroopers running through the theater too.
    Not meaning to echo another thread....we have (...or should I say "had"? I have never been on the new one, nor do I really have any interest to go on it, so I wouldn't know!) that to a degree. It's called "Star Tours". :P

Seriously though, being realistical? I think the size of the place would be just, well...entirely too small to house a full fledged, big time E-Ticket attraction...and, while I love EO to bits (and to my memory, judging from the last time I was there, there was actually a line for it, which is more than I can say for Honey I Shrunk the Audience". xD), they're likely pulling the plug on it in the near future. I agree with whomever said it should be reverted back into an outdoor stage. Would probably allow for more room than the tomorrowland terrace stage does...I think. Forgive me, it's early here.

(Sorry to throw this offtopic a bit, but while we're at it...the whole arguement about EO not being part of "the future"...I ask you, in that case and point, what exactly does Buzz Lightyear and the submarine rides have to do with "The future"? In all honesty, I think they mean for it to be campy science fantasy/science fiction future, not "OMG the real world" future. Besides...Do we have singing and dancing aliens yet in the present day? ...........Besides Bjork? And Lady Gaga?.....No? SEE!?! XD)

• Team Hail HYDRA

Tony Baxter said to me at the D23 Expo that they were going to take out the seat and go down about 20 feet into the motion base and put in circle vision 360.

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

•   

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    Tony Baxter said to me at the D23 Expo that they were going to take out the seat and go down about 20 feet into the motion base and put in circle vision 360.
    when did you hear this? i mean how long ago?

• Dead men tell no tales.

An new interactive queue for Space Mountain?

Then with the extra space on the roof put a giant model of the Millenium Falcon.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Whatever they do, it is TIME.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    I would love for that to be true. As simple as it was I would love to see Circle Vision again. Maybe they could take a suggestion from Soarin' and introduce wind and smells or something

I sat through EO on my last trip. The most entertaining part was watching the confused reactions of my 12-year old niece as she tried to comprehend the attraction. The 80's were a weird time. Her words, not mine.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu View Post
    (Sorry to throw this offtopic a bit, but while we're at it...the whole arguement about EO not being part of "the future"...I ask you, in that case and point, what exactly does Buzz Lightyear and the submarine rides have to do with "The future"? In all honesty, I think they mean for it to be campy science fantasy/science fiction future, not "OMG the real world" future. Besides...Do we have singing and dancing aliens yet in the present day? ...........Besides Bjork? And Lady Gaga?.....No? SEE!?! XD)
    Buzz Lightyear takes place in space on other planets and therefore would slide into the Tomorrowland category much better than any other land's category. As for the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, it's just as much of a stretch. They are using a new technology to listen to the fish speak, so I suppose that would be it's "futuristic" contribution if any. I consider it to be a Fantasyland attraction, even though it sits in both lands.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Buzz Lightyear takes place in space on other planets and therefore would slide into the Tomorrowland category much better than any other land's category. As for the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, it's just as much of a stretch. They are using a new technology to listen to the fish speak, so I suppose that would be it's "futuristic" contribution if any. I consider it to be a Fantasyland attraction, even though it sits in both lands.
    funnily enough both buzz and nemo don't really fit other lands simply cuz if you think about it, where they REALLY belong is DCA, otherwise known as pixarland, and it would fit perfectly with carsland, bugslifeland, monsters inc ride, the pixar play parade, turtletime with crush, and toystorymania!

• Evil is Sexy

I think the concept of the theatre itself is really cool. 4D has a small attraction market. If Disney could put other shows in there, besides EO, on a regular rotating schedule they would probably get more use out of it as a whole. Maybe change the seats to be more like D-Box seats. So, moving floor, moving seats, 3D and 4D effects. Then they could plug in all kinds of "tomorrow" movies in there, based on fact, fiction or a mixture of both. We need some more Edutainment.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Some Ideas:
    1. Wall-E dark ride, with Space Mountain line reworked through Starcade area.
    2. Open theater, with Space Mountain line reworked through Starcade area.
    3. Enclosed theater show, with Space.......

Okay, basically I see the boring Space Mountain line as a bigger issue than an EO replacement, (why should an E-ticket have such a boring line in the hot sun?) however if an EO replacement justifies reworking that line I am all for it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast