Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
  1. #16

    • A Pirate's Life For Me...
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    358

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Well that is interesting. If its anything like Mama....I'm out! I can't stand those scary movies.




    Exactly....
    Del Toro was quoted as saying,
    "It's going to be scary. Hopefully it will be fun scary, rather than funny scary. It's going to be fun but the idea is to make it scary like when you go through the ride as the kid – part of you is charmed and part of you wants to get out of there."

    Guillermo Del Toro Confirms 'Haunted Mansion' Is Still Happening - The Spill Movie Community

    That excites me! I like to be freaked out, creeped out or scared, but not grossed out. I don't like a lot of gore.

    Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!



  2. #17

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    Del Toro was quoted as saying,
    "It's going to be scary. Hopefully it will be fun scary, rather than funny scary. It's going to be fun but the idea is to make it scary like when you go through the ride as the kid – part of you is charmed and part of you wants to get out of there."

    Guillermo Del Toro Confirms 'Haunted Mansion' Is Still Happening - The Spill Movie Community

    That excites me! I like to be freaked out, creeped out or scared, but not grossed out. I don't like a lot of gore.

    hmmm well I liked Pan's Labyrinth but that had alot of gore kinda. But the fantasy scenes weren't that scary.

    It will be interesting to see what he could come up with. If it leans more towards Pan's Labyrinth and not Mama, I'm in.

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    915

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    I would support the return if it involves restoring the original attic, with silent bride, heart beat and screaming pop-ups.

    As to a movie, they already made a "haunted mansion" movie -- it's called "The Haunting" from 1963 (second half of this article):
    *Passport to Dreams Old & New: Riding the Haunted Screen

  4. #19

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    I'd like him to come back and evict the bride!

  5. #20

    • Filmmaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    285

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    If the Hatbox Ghost returns it should do so without drawing undue attention to itself. Because of the history and mystique surrounding the character, he's gained more fame than was ever intended and I fear if they did return him to the attraction he'd get undeserved spotlight for the sake of fan service.

    If they can get the effect right, I'm not opposed to a return of the Hatbox Ghost, as long as it's done without undue fanfair and attention. If the return of Hatbox means he becomes the new "star" of whatever scene he's placed in it'd be better for him to stay out.

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    94

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    I was just looking at that Hatbox Ghost figure at World of Disney last week myself. I was so taken with it that I took a photo (though not so taken that I would spend the $100 on its price tag!).

    Name:  8556987889_116fda48a8_z.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  180.2 KB

  7. #22

    • Evil is Sexy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California, United States
    Posts
    982

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    *saves up her money*
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

    Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

  8. #23

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North Bay, CA
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I never understood the fascination with this. All it was was a prop that never worked quite right and was thus rightfully removed.
    This is the micechat equivalent to "You kids get off the lawn!"

  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    If the movie is a huge success, you can count on several Hatbox Ghosts popping up in the Mansion, and all the other ghosts will say his name incessantly throughout the ride (See: Pirates of the Caribbean).

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    59

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    If the movie is a huge success, you can count on several Hatbox Ghosts popping up in the Mansion, and all the other ghosts will say his name incessantly throughout the ride (See: Pirates of the Caribbean).
    Lol. Disney has much more respect for the mansion than that.
    Besides, they only say Jack's name like.......twice maybe 3 times the whole ride...
    I'm gonna remain positive about this.
    It'll be a win win situation.
    Disney gets more money, we get what many of us have been waiting for for literally decades.
    It would be a great addition with his head disappearing as the same time Constance raises her axe....
    maybe add a beating heart to Constance.
    The possibilities aren't endless, but there's certainly enough to make him a great addition to the mansion where he belongs!
    Nothing can be worse than what Disney has already done to the mansion.
    Removing Master Gracey's importance, and making this new George dude the owner of the Mansion...

  11. #26

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    Quote Originally Posted by wallghost View Post
    Lol. Disney has much more respect for the mansion than that.
    Besides, they only say Jack's name like.......twice maybe 3 times the whole ride...
    I'm gonna remain positive about this.
    It'll be a win win situation.
    Disney gets more money, we get what many of us have been waiting for for literally decades.
    It would be a great addition with his head disappearing as the same time Constance raises her axe....
    maybe add a beating heart to Constance.
    The possibilities aren't endless, but there's certainly enough to make him a great addition to the mansion where he belongs!
    Nothing can be worse than what Disney has already done to the mansion.
    Removing Master Gracey's importance, and making this new George dude the owner of the Mansion...
    I hear it nine times each ride. NINE. I know because I started to count.

  12. #27

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,106

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    Quote Originally Posted by wallghost View Post
    Lol. Disney has much more respect for the mansion than that.
    Eh..I'm not so sure.

  13. #28

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,000
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I never understood the fascination with this. All it was was a prop that never worked quite right and was thus rightfully removed.
    Not quite. The character was know through other means.

  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Capital City! Err....Sacramento
    Posts
    928

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    Quote Originally Posted by wallghost View Post
    Lol. Disney has much more respect for the mansion than that.
    L.O.L.

    if the original HM was a hit, Eddie Murphy and Jennifer Tilly were rumored to have been added, with Tilly taking over Madam Leota.

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    86

    Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

    Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    L.O.L.

    if the original HM was a hit, Eddie Murphy and Jennifer Tilly were rumored to have been added, with Tilly taking over Madam Leota.

    THAT...

    Is MORE TERRIFYING than ANYTHING currently in the HM...and NOT in a way we should want...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hatbox Ghost Picture
    By hauntedmotion in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 06:43 AM
  2. The Hitchhiking Hatbox Ghost
    By hauntedmotion in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 03:29 PM
  3. The Hatbox Ghost
    By hauntedmotion in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
  4. How was the hatbox ghost supposed to work?
    By MooglePower in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 09:45 AM
  5. Hatbox Ghost Pictures...
    By some_imagination in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 09:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •