Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Hatbox Ghost: Mystery or Money-maker?

I've always wondered what happened to the Hatbox Ghost prop after it was removed? I always pictured it in a crate in some warehouse like at the end of Raiders.

If it is still around it would be awesome if Disney brought out the prop for D23!

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I never understood the fascination with this. All it was was a prop that never worked quite right and was thus rightfully removed.
    There's really nothing to understand. Everyone on this board enjoys different aspects of Disneyland and Disneyland history. The Hatbox Ghost is no exception. It is because he was installed into the Mansion and then abruptly removed that makes him intriguing. And since day one, Disney has used him in their merchandising as if he was a regular player in the attraction. As such, people get excited at the prospect of him returning one day to the attic scene.

Opinions:

Do you think Hattie should be 'updated' at all (IE, his face a tad less 'toony', more 'realistic'...to fit in better with current Constance)...or should he look as he originally did, more like this:

Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://www.karcreat.com

• Selfie Expert

I vote for the original! I love the original effects in HM, and I think he would fit right in.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I would absolutely LOVE for the hatbox ghost to make a return. I feel as though The Haunted Mansion would be creepier with the hatbox ghost. It will also be kind of cool to have a huge piece of Disney history such as that, back on the ride. I'm all for it!!

• Evil is Sexy

The HBG figurine has dropped in price. It's now $99.95 ( a whole .05 cent savings.)
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

If anyone is interested here a website with info about The Hatbox Ghost - The Hatbox Ghost

I'm not sure if i'd prefer an updated version or his original look, my preference is that he's an actual AA and not a complete projection/hologram.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• is poppin' tags

I agree with whomever suggested he make a return with minimal fanfair...like a delicious word-of-mouth treat...spreading from one Disneyphile to another through nerdy message boards and excited YouTube posts. If he came back just as mysteriously as he left...ah yes, That would be right on the money for my tatses.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

OK...another question (RE the potential video 'representation' I would be making depicting Hattie back in the attic)...would you prefer he was back in the space he originally occupied (where Constance is now, I think) and the bride was moved to 'Doombuggy right'...or should he go on the right, and leave Constance where she is?

To be honest, I really need some expert historian's opinions here...and I may need to locate a really clear overhead schematic/blueprint showing where the figures would be, so I can do my best to produce an 'authentic' representation...
    Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://www.karcreat.com

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    The HBG figurine has dropped in price. It's now $99.95 ( a whole .05 cent savings.)
    What a steal!!

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    If anyone is interested here a website with info about The Hatbox Ghost - The Hatbox Ghost

I'm not sure if i'd prefer an updated version or his original look, my preference is that he's an actual AA and not a complete projection/hologram.
    I'll be checking that link out. Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    I agree with whomever suggested he make a return with minimal fanfair...like a delicious word-of-mouth treat...spreading from one Disneyphile to another through nerdy message boards and excited YouTube posts. If he came back just as mysteriously as he left...ah yes, That would be right on the money for my tatses.
    That would be pretty neat. I would love a pin dedicated to him, though. Yes, I'm a sucker for merch lol

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Why does everyone dislike Constance? I always find the room mysterious, fun, and just a little creepy to keep the experience alive. I'm not sure if there was a form of her at the opening but rides change right? I would like to see the HBG in the room but keep Constance.

WildeNight, you sure are excited about the figurine! I wish there was a smaller one for half the price.

• Minion

I don't really mind Constance as a concept, but the execution was just horrible. The projection is very unconvincing, just flat and cheap looking, and I dislike the cornball way the actress portrays Constance. The old beating heart bride animatronic, even with its limited movements and lack of a face, was more effective than what they did with Constance. However, I do like the props and details in the rest of the attic. Just not Constance.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller341 View Post

WildeNight, you sure are excited about the figurine! I wish there was a smaller one for half the price.
    LOL! It's a cool little figurine. I'm totally saving money to get him, if I can. My husband wants to have a "Disney" room when we get our forever home and HBG would look mighty nice in it.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    I don't really mind Constance as a concept, but the execution was just horrible. The projection is very unconvincing, just flat and cheap looking, and I dislike the cornball way the actress portrays Constance. The old beating heart bride animatronic, even with its limited movements and lack of a face, was more effective than what they did with Constance. However, I do like the props and details in the rest of the attic. Just not Constance.
    I would agree with this. The scene as it currently is isn't bad, but could definitely stand to use some plussing. The Constance projection should be at least as convincing as Madame Leota or the singing busts, but right now it's not even close. Also, the line delivery could be worlds better.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by karcreat View Post
    OK...another question (RE the potential video 'representation' I would be making depicting Hattie back in the attic)...would you prefer he was back in the space he originally occupied (where Constance is now, I think) and the bride was moved to 'Doombuggy right'...or should he go on the right, and leave Constance where she is?

To be honest, I really need some expert historian's opinions here...and I may need to locate a really clear overhead schematic/blueprint showing where the figures would be, so I can do my best to produce an 'authentic' representation...
    Hatbox was on the right hand side in the spot where the Bride was for many years prior to Constance. The Bride was initially about where the Piano is now. I think that Constance was installed with HBG in mind which would explain why she switched sides again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast