Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Character Collage Thread

I recently spent 10 wonderful days at the Disneyland Resort. Well actually it was back at the end of January, the beginning of February. My trip coincided with the Mice/Age 10th Anniversary. Anyway, while I was there, I managed to put thousands of photos onto my memory cards. I just own a small point and shoot camera, so I do just that. I point, and I shoot the picture.

I sometimes shoot photos with a goal in mind. One of my goals, is to be able to come home, and make collages on my computer. When I used my PC, I used a simple program called Collage Creator. Well the PC recently died, and I needed to switch my collage making to my Mac computer. I now use a Scrapbook program, along with my Picassa program to edit the pictures.

The purpose of this thread is to show off my handiwork. I wish that I could afford to paper scrap everything, but that just gets way too expensive. So I guess you can say, I have gone digital.

These following collages all have a similar theme, and so I am calling this my Character Collage Thread. Right now I just have a small amount of collages finished, so this will be a work in progress, and I will post collages a few at a time, as I complete them.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Character Collage Thread

This first one is labeled Stormtroopers. I was passing through Tomorrowland, and there were these two Stormtroopers just hanging around with the crowd. They had a handler who kept reminding the crowd that there was to be no line for either photos or autographs. So I got the camera out and took a few candid shots. The one Stormtrooper noticed me, and the next thing I knew, I had one on each side of me. A quick passing of the camera to the handler, and I was able to pose for the photo with me, and what looks like my bodyguards. It was a fun encounter, and it is now my first collage in this thread.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Mickey seems to be a favorite character of a lot of people, and I am no exception. So whenever, I see his likeness in something, I almost always try and get a photo. I know that a lot of people search for the "hidden Mickeys" that are all over the place in Disneyland. These are Mickeys that are not quite hidden away.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Early on in my trip, I visited the Brand New Cars Land in DCA. I was lucky enough to be able to ride both Radiator Racers, and also the Mater ride. Mater is a great character. I was thrilled that Mater also poses for photos with the guests in the park. He talks to people as well, just like he does in the movie. So I got in line, passed my camera off to the wonderful Photopass photographers, and I got many pictures with Mater during my vacation.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Yay! I'm so glad to see this thread! I so love your creativity here!

Nothing like a collage of Mater!

• Minion

ORDDU: Love to see what you've done with your pictures, Barbarann, duckling! It's very creative of you. Thank you so much for letting us see what you've been up to!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

One of the very first things that I did on my long 10 day vacation, was that I checked out the new Walt and Mickey statue that is in DCA. It became a favorite spot of mine. The statue is amazing, and I like it almost as much as the Partner statue that is in The Hub at Disneyland. There was almost always a Photopass Photographer near the statue, so one could always get a picture, with their camera, or yours.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That picture of Walt and Mickey above hangs in City Hall. It is probably a very well known photograph.
    Pop Century Resort

• Sshhh, being very quiet

The colors for that one are perfect! Very retro...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I do play around with the colors a lot, until it becomes pleasing to my eye. I really like the 2 programs that I use, because they are not only easy, but they have a lot of fun options.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Tigger is a fun character. When I see him in the parks, he makes me smile. I think about the Winnie The Pooh television program that I used to watch with my grandson when he was a young child. Tigger loves to bounce, and he was mischievous as well, but not in a really bad way.

Pop Century Resort

• Minion

ORWEN: Just imagine what you could do over at the New Princess Fantasy Faire!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Just imagine what you could do over at the New Princess Fantasy Faire!!!
    I can't wait to return to Disneyland, so that I can photograph the new area. I had a super time with my camera in all the newness of DCA.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Goofy is one funny dog! He is a dog isn't he? His stature makes some folks wonder about that very thing. I found it very humorous that when I was in Toontown, where I have been many times, I discovered that Goofy had his very own house. I had a grand old time taking photos of Goofy, Goofy's house, and all the goofy stuff that come with this character. He will always be a favorite of mine. He is indeed a classic!

Pop Century Resort

• Queen Elsa

Very cool indee I like the way these photos turn out. Can't wait to see how you do with Princess Aurora and Mary Poppins.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast