Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Rrrrreecite!

Re: Fantay Faire not doing so well ?

This was definitely not made to be a Carsland type of success. They are moving the pieces around to make room for new offerings. Create PFF, free up FT for the new show. Increase capacity. Also, based on today's 'In the Parks', PFF looks like it will be a popular place.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    PFF = the John Carter of Disneyland?
    Yikes, haha.

I would say the summer season will be the true test for PFF. Once all the little kids are out of school and on family vacations it might change the amount of people in there. I waited for the princesses in 2008 and the line took is about 45min if not longer.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Well the wait time should be half the norm. There are sides and that would cut down the wait times.

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Avid MC reader since 2005

If it is slow I think it is mostly due to there being 2 sets of princesses. If for some odd reason it were to continue to be really slow, even on weekends/summers, I think they would just go to having one set of princesses there.

• Just this guy......

It is way to early to call it a fail. It always take a few weeks for them to work out all the bugs and rework the systems, lines and cast members before things work out.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

x.x
    Last edited by Wren; 04-02-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

•   
    • Minion

I chalk this up to it being a thursday before spring break. Check it out in a couple weeks and lets see. If anything the pricesses will alway command a audience.

• Queen Elsa

Yeah. I also would say that it will be pack. Infact I'm hitting back there this Sunday after I get off of work so I will see how pack it will be after I see my Tiana first that is

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    PFF = the John Carter of Disneyland?
    Couple of things:

First, I really really dislike that "John Carter" has become shorthand for "financial disaster." Yeah, it lost money, quite a bit of money, but it was an earnestly ambitious project that was actually made by someone with talent and real passion for the property (unlike, say, the Transformers movies which were made by a hack who openly despises the characters and the story). For whatever reason, John Carter recieved absolutely venomous press well before the film even opened and this kind of residual venom feels completely undeserved and nasty. There's many movies that are far more worth your ire than John Carter. Let's cut Stanton and company a break. Besides, it's not even the biggest bomb of all time. In fact, another Mars-centric Disney film, Mars Needs Moms, had a net loss more than twice John Carter's (and that was actually an awful movie). How come Mars Needs Moms isn't the shorthand?

/end rant

The other thing, and this applies to more than just you, is the section's been open for all of a few days. Come on people, let's at least give it a week before we start writing an obituary. The problem is that a lot of people here dislike the idea/placement/whatever of PFF and they're grasping at straws trying to justify their opinion as the "correct" one. It's fine to not like something, but let's not be deliberately disingenuous here. Attendence will almost assuredly pick up this weekend and it will pick up even more during the summer.

If we're seeing 15 minute wait times posted on a Saturday in July, yeah, it'll be safe to say it was a failure, but I somehow doubt that'll be happening.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well......I mean 30 mins to meet some "princess" seems pretty good to me....the area was ment to get people in faster and not have 60 min lines if possible
    I'll be going in a few weeks..and my guess is by then it will be packed most of the day

I agree with those who've said it was designed to have smaller lines on account of there being two sets of princesses now, and also those who have said to wait for the weekend.

By default, the lines will be half as long as before -- if not less, if they've improved the entire queue system.

DIsney hasn't really advertised this new addition except for internet publicity and annual passholders. Guests that normally do not visit the parks regularly would most likely not know about the place until they start to exploring the park and there are probably others that still think the old PFF exist but then arrive there to find it closed

Quote Originally Posted by skratch addict View Post
    Ouch. lol. But I have to kind of agree. I dont see the need for it. Just my opinion though. Places like Carnation Plaza need to stick around. We're losing anything in the park thats calm or peaceful in comparison. Passive things.
    Well, if things in Fantasy Faire Village settle down, then IT becomes the calm and peaceful area. Either way, the guests benefit from it. And it's a LOT more picturesque than the remnants of Carnation Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    If it is slow I think it is mostly due to there being 2 sets of princesses. If for some odd reason it were to continue to be really slow, even on weekends/summers, I think they would just go to having one set of princesses there.
    If the lines are short for the Princess Meet & Greet, it would either be because of the dual M&G, OR the Princesses are losing their appeal. Which would anyone think is the more likely situation? Either way, the Fantasy Faire Village itself would certainly NOT be the reason for the short lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    Couple of things:

First, I really really dislike that "John Carter" has become shorthand for "financial disaster." Yeah, it lost money, quite a bit of money, but it was an earnestly ambitious project that was actually made by someone with talent and real passion for the property (unlike, say, the Transformers movies which were made by a hack who openly despises the characters and the story). For whatever reason, John Carter recieved absolutely venomous press well before the film even opened and this kind of residual venom feels completely undeserved and nasty. There's many movies that are far more worth your ire than John Carter. Let's cut Stanton and company a break. Besides, it's not even the biggest bomb of all time. In fact, another Mars-centric Disney film, Mars Needs Moms, had a net loss more than twice John Carter's (and that was actually an awful movie). How come Mars Needs Moms isn't the shorthand?

/end rant
    Yeah, I think Mars Needs Moms should take on the role. I guess John Carter is shorter-hand and rolls off the tongue easier.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast