Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: Fantay Faire not doing so well ?

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Really!? Does the new area "suck"?
    Although I also think it's way too early to even pose the question "is Fantasy Faire a failure?", everyone is entitled to their opinion, there's no reason you should be so angry. The original poster basically apologized for setting people off... and then you posted a big rant in response. Is his phrasing really so bothersome?

For the record, I'm a 27 year old male premium passholder who can't wait to check out Fantasy Faire with my girlfriend this Tuesday! We don't have any little ones with us, but we do appreciate Disneyland's attention to detail, and look forward to sitting down for the show.

Was at the park around noon today, Saturday. Perhaps Disney missed the mark here. The line for the princesses was about 10 people, while the theatre was packed with over 200 people and standing room only for the show.

•   

Can u guys see the fireworks good from the fantasy faire.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    ... But there are others like myself who prefer areas that the whole family can enjoy together.
    That's a great idea. I know, lets replace all the rides that have a height requirement. Because, you know a family with small kids can't all enjoy Space Mountain together. Rides that need a baby pass (or whatever they are called) should be closed. Because the family can't enjoy them together. California Screaming should be replaced or turned down so that all families can enjoy it with all their kids...

Just because you and your family doesn't like it, doesn't mean that other families don't enjoy the FF together. Different families can enjoy different attractions and areas of the park. Just because you don't like an area doesn't mean the area is bad or doesn't cater to families.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    That's a great idea. I know, lets replace all the rides that have a height requirement. Because, you know a family with small kids can't all enjoy Space Mountain together. Rides that need a baby pass (or whatever they are called) should be closed. Because the family can't enjoy them together. California Screaming should be replaced or turned down so that all families can enjoy it with all their kids...

Just because you and your family doesn't like it, doesn't mean that other families don't enjoy the FF together. Different families can enjoy different attractions and areas of the park. Just because you don't like an area doesn't mean the area is bad or doesn't cater to families.
    You're right.

Not all but others. Some.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    They foam at the mouth
    How very interesting that you would use that particular phrase.

• Minion

ORDDU: It seems to me that there are some who just don't want this new area of the park to be a success, regardless, so they jump too quickly to the conclusion that it won't be. But as long as there are princess lovers out there, the Fantasy Faire meet and greet is going to be a success.

• Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    How very interesting that you would use that particular phrase.
    That phrase, beyond these boards, might not be what you think it means.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Insomniac

Apparently higher capacity meet and greets = fail? Even on slow days the old meet and greet had 40-60 minute waits. And now the talented imagineers have designed a meet and greet that can handle twice as many people and that's a bad thing? I don't understand this reasoning at all.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    In my defense, I think the new area is really cute and well done, yes the tent is ugly but oh well. Im just worried it isnt doing well which is why I posted asking if anyone else noticed it. Not bashing. just stating what I see, and thats its not very busy being that its the areas first few days, I thought it would have been slightly busier. I dont wait in line for princesses unless its a special occasion or v day. But the other day and yesterday (Fri) I jumped in line bevause it was so short.
    You think the "tent" is ugly? Uglier than the one it replaced (Faded and generally less detailed)? People complaining that the area has been ruined because the dance area had been replaced. Well, it actually wasn't. They kept the original structure and enhanced it with new coverings that really brightened up the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    To me the best quality and integrity that Disneyland has to offer is represented by attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Mark Twain and the Disneyland Railroad.

PFF/FFV represents the best of what Iger & Staggs's "Disney Parks Disneyland" has to offer: more marketeering of Disney brands.
    Quality and integrity are not descriptive terms limited to attractions. Disneyland overall was built based on those adjectives. While the intent did have a princess marketing aspect, it was not built with that being the ONLY goal. If it were, they could have just plopped down the simple structure that had back in the Fantasyland Theater.

• Queen Elsa

I was there again yesturday and the line at around 6pm was about a 50 min wait the first time I was there around 2pm it was around a 45 min wait so I see the gold is right.

• At the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    You think the "tent" is ugly? Uglier than the one it replaced (Faded and generally less detailed)? People complaining that the area has been ruined because the dance area had been replaced. Well, it actually wasn't. They kept the original structure and enhanced it with new coverings that really brightened up the area.
    I think the new "tent" is uglier too, in fact, lot's of people seem to think that. Brighter and more detailed aren't always attributes that appeal to all people, especially when the details are giant gold crowns and bright colors.

And while technically the dance area hasn't been replaced, It has been re-purposed as a stage show. A dance floor without dancing isn't much of a consolation prize.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I was there again yesturday and the line at around 6pm was about a 50 min wait the first time I was there around 2pm it was around a 45 min wait so I see the gold is right.
    I'm sure the lines for meet and greets fluctuate a lot as it's not like if you see that Indy is open up again after going 101 and everybody rushes in because there isn't a line. Families with little kids run on schedules that revolve around diaper changes, meals, crankiness . . . but they do want to experience meet and greets.

I don't think there is one family with little kids in 10,000 who would look at Fantasy Faire and say, "I hate the color selection for the tent! I'm am not letting our little girls experience this attraction!"

As others have said, they could have thrown up almost *anything* and kids would have lined up to see the princesses, plain and simple. What they did was put in something that is extremely high quality, up to classic Disneyland standards. Judging from the daily Disneyland photo thread, it is all of these neat details that keep people coming back to the park, so Fantasy Faire is a great addition as the designers *get it* in that they went for quality which will last for decades.

Word of mouth is a big deal among the families with preschoolers/little girls, as everybody talks about "going to Ariel's Grotto", now the word of mouth will be, "they did a great job with the princesses" in Disneyland and how there is a "special place right next to the castle".

Can't fault Disney for a doing a great job, pleasing princess fans and their families, offering that something special with the live entertainment and Maurice's Treats, and making a special place that families will enjoy for generations.

It seems very fair and appropriate that the princesses get a permanent home right next to the castle which is Sleeping Beauty's castle, not Davy Crockett's castle or even the "King of Swing Dance" castle. There isn't a "Big Band" or a Lawrence Welk wishing well on the other side, it is Snow White's wishing well, makes 100% sense that the west side now also be used for princesses.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DownwiththeTide View Post
    I think the new "tent" is uglier too, in fact, lot's of people seem to think that. Brighter and more detailed aren't always attributes that appeal to all people, especially when the details are giant gold crowns and bright colors.

And while technically the dance area hasn't been replaced, It has been re-purposed as a stage show. A dance floor without dancing isn't much of a consolation prize.
    They might bring swing-dancing back . . . but weren't they just doing that one night a week at CPG anyway? As it currently is, the place is going 7 days a week now, instead of just one night a week.

I think that a lot of folks on Miceage don't like the new tent as a lot of comments were made regarding the tent in the articles before the place opened up. Haven't seen this same negativity towards the tent on other sites.

Laughing Place has a great set of photos (way better/more night time photos than Miceage, Miceage hasn't shown how the windows light up, OR the popcorn lighting on the tent at night) and the tent looks fine in these, I think that the Miceage photos were over-saturated as one of these photos revealed a pinkish-tint to the light bulbs on the sign for Maurice's tent! I don't see any neon pink in the Laughing Place photos.

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.co...MG_2912-X2.jpg

Looks like they put neon pink light bulbs on Maurice's sign . . . correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they are normal light bulbs?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chesirecat; 03-18-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast