Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Observer

Re: Fantay Faire not doing so well ?

Seriously its not that big of a deal, I was just wondering why it didnt have more people. Thats all,dont get a hair ball.

• At the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    They might bring swing-dancing back . . . but weren't they just doing that one night a week at CPG anyway? As it currently is, the place is going 7 days a week now, instead of just one night a week.
    Yes it's true, for only one night a week for decades, since Walt himself started the tradition...People had been dancing the night away at Disneyland. And sure it's popularity may have fluctuated, and Carnation Gardens may have lost some of its polish....But I don't think that's due to a lack of interest or fans. When you let an area fall into disrepair, eventually the interest in it will fade.

I think that a lot of folks on Miceage don't like the new tent as a lot of comments were made regarding the tent in the articles before the place opened up. Haven't seen this same negativity towards the tent on other sites.
    I have seen, and witnessed in person, many negative comments about the awning....Miceage/Micechat isn't some organization out to slander the good name of Disney.... In fact I believe it to be the opposite.

Laughing Place has a great set of photos (way better/more night time photos than Miceage, Miceage hasn't shown how the windows light up, OR the popcorn lighting on the tent at night) and the tent looks fine in these, I think that the Miceage photos were over-saturated as one of these photos revealed a pinkish-tint to the light bulbs on the sign for Maurice's tent! I don't see any neon pink in the Laughing Place photos.
    I don't think most of those photos were over saturated, I think that they may have looked that way due to conditions or certain artistic style... But the main thing is, saturated or not, I think many people would agree... Pink, Purple, Red....and giant gold crown accents just don't go well together.

• And Dad was my hero.

Many may not like it, but princesses are now and always have been a HUGE part of everything Disney. And from the honorary Oscar with 7 little oscars that Shirley Temple presented to Walt for Snow White to the Oscar won by Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman for Brave, I think it is clear it is something the company does well and should be applauded for in terms of evolution and inclusion.

I enjoy all parts of Disneyland and I get that some others clearly do not, but really? Just walk on by if that 's how you feel. Why bother tainting this opening with feined concern that it is going to fail.

I think it's a silly to argue about so much and I'm a card carrying feminist for goodness sakes.

As for the swing dancing, I think it's far too new to rate that it is gone for good in that area. It has only been a week. It looks like they have clearly made the tent in such a way that it could clearly be multi use. When it does return, as I believe it will, I think that it will be a beautiful venue to dance in.

For now, hurrah for some good old fashion tongue in cheek theater!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mom kissed Walt View Post
    Just walk on by if that 's how you feel. Why bother tainting this opening with feined concern that it is going to fail.
    thank you

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Maybe they hit thier grove having two sides open will help get the lines moving faster.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by DownwiththeTide View Post
    Y
    But the main thing is, saturated or not, I think many people would agree... Pink, Purple, Red....and giant gold crown accents just don't go well together.
    Not I- I think it looks vibrant and magical- which fits a "Fantasy" faire

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DownwiththeTide View Post
    Yes it's true, for only one night a week for decades, since Walt himself started the tradition...People had been dancing the night away at Disneyland. And sure it's popularity may have fluctuated, and Carnation Gardens may have lost some of its polish....But I don't think that's due to a lack of interest or fans. When you let an area fall into disrepair, eventually the interest in it will fade.
    Multiple people in the company have said that they plan to return the Big Bands/swing dancing to this area in the future. We'll see what happens.

Swing dancing and big band music was popular in Walt's day, but not so much anymore. Interests change and that's ok. I kinda think that Walt would have gone with Fantasy Faire over CPG as obviously the limited one night only swing dancing can be relocated to elsewhere in the park, or take place in Fantasy Faire after it closes.

CPG wasn't very expensive, they could easily build a large gazebo type area for dancing, easily bigger than CPG, and install it somewhere in the park. They could even make it look "frontiersy" and put it in a corner of a Frontierland expansion, and just use it at night. Or just put something in DCA.

Anything near the castle is prime real estate.

Its sad for folks who had family that danced there and had memories there, but if they bring it back at night then maybe that would be a good compromise, yes? After all, it still has its popcorn lighting on it!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mom kissed Walt View Post
    As for the swing dancing, I think it's far too new to rate that it is gone for good in that area. It has only been a week. It looks like they have clearly made the tent in such a way that it could clearly be multi use. When it does return, as I believe it will, I think that it will be a beautiful venue to dance in.

For now, hurrah for some good old fashion tongue in cheek theater!

I'd have to say I agree, the lights on the village area of Fantasy Faire look fantastic at night, and the theming inside the tent area looks great as well, surely its a step above CPG in terms being a more romantic/magical place to cut the rug?!

Obviously, the inside area of the tent is made for multiple uses, otherwise they would have bolted down some chairs/benches. I'll wager that during the slow season they might not do the live entertainment and put chairs in this area for folks to sit on after grabbing a bite to eat at Maurice's Treats. Not sure how long Maurice's Treats stay open though.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    Seriously its not that big of a deal, I was just wondering why it didnt have more people. Thats all,dont get a hair ball.
    Based off the photos I have seen, the area seems to be pretty busy. A one hour wait for a double-sided meet and greet seems pretty crowded to me. Never mind the fact that people stand outside the theater to see the shows because there aren't enough seats for the demand....
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by skratch addict View Post
    Ouch. lol. But I have to kind of agree. I dont see the need for it. Just my opinion though. Places like Carnation Plaza need to stick around. We're losing anything in the park thats calm or peaceful in comparison. Passive things.
    Peace and quiet is a ghost one must give up pretty quickly at Disneyland. Tom Sawyers island is still pretty peaceful though.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Swing dancing and big band music was popular in Walt's day, but not so much anymore. Interests change and that's ok. I kinda think that Walt would have gone with Fantasy Faire over CPG as obviously the limited one night only swing dancing can be relocated to elsewhere in the park, or take place in Fantasy Faire after it closes.
    Only hipsters and swing dancing teachers like swing dancing anymore. And I agree and believe that Walt would have opted for Fantasy Faire as well.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    Only hipsters and swing dancing teachers like swing dancing anymore. And I agree and believe that Walt would have opted for Fantasy Faire as well.

Not true. Many teenagers and young adults love it. It's something "new" to them. I even seen some hip-hop / swing dancers...very creative. Love the new building portion of the old CPG area but I think the tent colors are tacky. Even the inside is very dark though that's probably since they want it to be more of a theatre. Then again, the old Videopolis area is bright and worked great as a theatre. Good to see progress and hope that they can figure out how to bring back the Saturday night fun for the bands, onlookers and dancers. A great tradition that doesn't hurt anyone and actually helps.

It's like people were expecting this to draw crowds like Space Mountain did in '77.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    It's like people were expecting this to draw crowds like Space Mountain did in '77.
    All they'd have to do is start selling Starbucks there and the lines would be darned near close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    All they'd have to do is start selling Starbucks there and the lines would be darned near close to it.
    Stormtroopers. Fantasy Faire needs Stormtroopers. Then it will really take off.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast