Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Princess Fantasy Faire & Stroller Armageddon!

I really like the new pictures there were posted on Miceage of Princess Fantasy Faire, the colors on the tent look awhole lot better, without what looked like over-saturation seen in previous updates, though I'll have to post a review when I see it in person. The really interesting thing is that though I counted about 35 strollers in one photo! (I'm guessing easily a hundred strollers in the whole area when this photo was taken), the area seems to be able to soak up the strollers and the crowd with ease.

I thought it was a forgone conclusion that PFF would turn into the area outside of Small World which is often a stroller apocalypse, however it seems that PFF was designed to allow for a lot of planters for stroller parking.

I assume that during peaks times the line for the meet and greet will extend around the hub a bit, but for now it seems quite manageable despite being 30 minutes in one photo.

I hope that they'll be able to keep the walk-way between PFF and Fantasyland open as this area provides great views of the castle as this has always been a nice area of the park. The natural flow to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makes sense, and I think will allow for smoother transit of crowds little princesses and families around this area of the park.

What do you think? Will PFF be able to manage the crowds well?

Re: Princess Fantasy Faire & Stroller Armageddon!

Lets ban strollers and reclaim some real estate. Stand up for childhood obesity by making kids walk. Strollers today look like tanks.

• Filmmaker

Here's hoping. I saw one picture a day or so ago with a pretty good crowd of strollers parked on the curb of Main Street. I don't mind Fantasy Faire (I think a lot of the details are quite nice, actually), but if Main Street permanently becomes flooded with strollers I'm not going to be a happy camper. Hopefully they have a solid solution for stroller parking to avoid this problem.

• Minion

The stroller situation at Disneyland (and other Disney parks) has gotten ridiculously out of control, and is only going to get worse. Personally I can't see a viable solution at this point, short of banning strollers for all children over the age of 3 (and we all know how well that would go over), but the folks at Disney need to use those wonderfully brilliant and imaginative minds to come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    The stroller situation at Disneyland (and other Disney parks) has gotten ridiculously out of control, and is only going to get worse. Personally I can't see a viable solution at this point, short of banning strollers for all children over the age of 3 (and we all know how well that would go over), but the folks at Disney need to use those wonderfully brilliant and imaginative minds to come up with something.
    They need the parking garage from the latest mission impossible movie to handle them, or the need to ban them and rent them out. Then they can manage their size and make even more money.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    Lets ban strollers and reclaim some real estate. Stand up for childhood obesity by making kids walk. Strollers today look like tanks.
    Why not? Airlines have carry-on quantity and size requirements. Only one stroller per family and must be smaller than...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

•   
    • Minion

It's been mentioned before, but one of the issues with strollers, especially larger ones, is that sometimes there's an actual physical issue with the kid and a stroller is less conspicuous than a wheelchair. Especially at Disney where they get a lot of kids on Make a Wish trips. That "obese" kid in the stroller might be bloated from chemo and too exhausted to even consider walking, and that 'tank' might be giving her some protection from being jostled. It's not everyone of course, but the point is you never know.

• a damsel not in distress

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    It's been mentioned before, but one of the issues with strollers, especially larger ones, is that sometimes there's an actual physical issue with the kid and a stroller is less conspicuous than a wheelchair. Especially at Disney where they get a lot of kids on Make a Wish trips. That "obese" kid in the stroller might be bloated from chemo and too exhausted to even consider walking, and that 'tank' might be giving her some protection from being jostled. It's not everyone of course, but the point is you never know.
    this just makes me think of how when people don't look sick, some people get pissy as to why they get certain rights (we can all probably recall the posts about folks waiting in line getting upset when they didn't know why a healthy looking person got to use the handicap line). i can only imagine what banning strollers could do. my nephew is five and we bring his stroller to disneyland because his cancer medication sometimes makes walking exhausting for him, but to an outside person, he just looks like a kid who is too big/old to be using a stroller.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    this just makes me think of how when people don't look sick, some people get pissy as to why they get certain rights (we can all probably recall the posts about folks waiting in line getting upset when they didn't know why a healthy looking person got to use the handicap line). i can only imagine what banning strollers could do. my nephew is five and we bring his stroller to disneyland because his cancer medication sometimes makes walking exhausting for him, but to an outside person, he just looks like a kid who is too big/old to be using a stroller.
    Sorry to hear your nephew has cancer, wonderful that somebody can help him get to Disneyland.

I don't think Disney ever will, or should, ban strollers in the park. Even so-called "big" kids get tired after walking around the park all day and having a stroller sure is a life saver.

I've never seen anybody getting upset when a handicapped person is boarding, even though it might take a little bit of extra time, though maybe that's just me.

• Evil is Sexy

I look healthy (and younger than my age, wooo!) But I have severe arthritis in my feet. At this point, I try my best to stay mobile and not make myself look like someone trying to use the system. Man, sometimes I wish I wasn't so prideful. LOL. But comfy shoes, taking it easy and Celebrex seem to help.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    I don't think Disney ever will, or should, ban strollers in the park. Even so-called "big" kids get tired after walking around the park all day and having a stroller sure is a life saver.
    Too bad we don't have the Peoplemover or Country Bears anymore or America Sings or the Motorboat Cruise or the Skyway..... All perfect candidates to sit down for a spell and still get to enjoy a relaxing attraction.

•   
    • Minion

I hope your nephew is doing well with his treatment and has had fun at Disneyland!

So very true. I think that unfortunately some people have set ideas about what disabled/ill/injured people look like and how they act - including kids with challenges - and reality just doesn't match up to it. You just never know what someone is going through.

My one concern with leaving a stroller out, in all honesty, would be theft. I think there have been posts here before about people's strollers getting stolen. It would be nice if they had some sort of indoor/attended parking area in each land to help that.
    Last edited by Malina; 03-15-2013 at 09:59 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I hope your nephew is doing well with his treatment and has had fun at Disneyland!

So very true. I think that unfortunately some people have set ideas about what disabled/ill/injured people look like and how they act - including kids with challenges - and reality just doesn't match up to it. You just never know what someone is going through.

My concern with leaving a stroller out, in all honesty, would be theft. I think there have been posts here before about people's strollers getting stolen. It would be nice if they had some sort of indoor/attended parking area to help that.
    You must mean private strollers brought into the park, as if you rented one then you can use the receipt to get another.

I also at times worry about sweaters/food getting stolen.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Too bad we don't have the Peoplemover or Country Bears anymore or America Sings or the Motorboat Cruise or the Skyway..... All perfect candidates to sit down for a spell and still get to enjoy a relaxing attraction.
    Peoplemover was the best because you could massage your feet on ramp, then you got to sit down after a relatively short wait.

• Banned User

I'm sorry, but strollers are just something we're gonna have to get over. They're not going anywhere and people with kids, which make up a lot, if not the majority of Disney guests would not stand for it. Kids can't walk all day like adults and when they fall asleep, they're out. It's not a choice or a matter of will. They may not be pretty, but deal with it. Strollers are here to stay, move on. I don't even notice them and I suggest you guys don't mind them either. Just my two cents.

Sidenote: Princess Fantasy Faire is no more. That was the Fantasyland Theatre instalation. What we have now if just the Fantasy Faire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast